Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,321 to 17,340 of 69,995

electrolite77

I don't know this guy particularly but this is a good summation of how many so-called video game analysts and 'personalities' got it wrong with the Switch.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

IceClimbers

A major reason NBA 2K is so big is the audio files, whether that's music or commentators.

Speaking of which, Chris Webber and Kevin Garnett are guest commentators on this year's game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

electrolite77

@IceClimbers

But other sports games have that too. Pro Evolution Soccer on PS4 (with Pro patch) is less than half the size of the NBA equivalent.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Luna_110

File size is out of control, and since devs don't have incentive on the other platforms to actually compress the files, they aren't going to bother only for the Switch. (Which is a shame).
If at least devs would let players select what stuff they want to download - like, if I don't care about multiplayer, it would be great not being forced to download anything related to it.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Pazzo-TheFool

@electrolite77 Perhaps one of my favorite openings from a Youtube video about video games I've seen in a while. Scratch that, video period.

Nice editing, good points, and someone who can actually ee-nun-see-ate their words.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

I watched that video, its great.

People were practically foaming at the mouth to see Switch fail.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 teaser site is up. Holiday 2017, and new pics (these are just a few)

http://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

The64Master

Does anybody care for a 2d mario on switch?

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

Spoony_Tech

JaxonH wrote:

Sadly most of those people are Wii U owners. Some of them still think the Switch will fail.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@The64Master No!! It can take a 5 to 7 year rest!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

The64Master

@Spoony_Tech PlayStation fanboys refuse to accept the Switch's success. Sony is in rather big trouble, especially for being so stubborn to work with Microsoft and Nintendo. Microsoft and Nintendo seem to be getting along rather well. The arrogance of Sony really makes me want to sell my PS4 and SWITCH to Xbox. It's good to see that 2 game companies can agree with their differences and co-exist.

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

The64Master

@Spoony_Tech Also, yes. I agree. 3D mario is clearly superior over 2D. The health system really allows for an expanded amount of mechanics. This can also make the boss fights more innovative and fun.

The64Master

Paraka

@The64Master - I think a lot of people are bitter because of the rapid succession of 2D Mario games that came out in the beginning of the Wii U's lifespan. Which somehow, after 5 years, people are still bitter over. Which I do find amusing, since we've had shorter waits for more "dead" franchises and games before.

But real talk; 2D Mario is inevitable, but it would be interesting to see if Nintendo would plan a traditional Mario or maintain a service for a Mario Marker DX/2 to extend the length of those experiences. Though both will likely exist by the end.

I do personally think Nintendo should consider recycling some assets of Odyssey to make a 3D World 2. It would shorten a development time and approach a more multiplayer Mario experience (and doubles down the the Joy-Con sharing as well without another port), which is only a win-win regardless how against it SOME people are.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Pazzo-TheFool

2D Mario can take a break, then show up sometime in 2019 to invigorate the series again.

I'd say '18, but Oddessy has the entire year covered. It'll be that good.

Edited on by Pazzo-TheFool

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Joeynator3000

The main 2D Mario games can die, Mario Maker I would love for it to continue.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

KirbyTheVampire

The fact that these console wars among fanboys even still exist is stupid. Having a preference for a particular platform is fine, but wishing for the collapse of any of them is rediculous. A gaming industry where Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and PC all thrive is a good gaming industry.

As for 2D Mario, it really needs a break. It's becoming stale quickly, at least for me. 3D Mario definitely needs some time in the spotlight.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

The64Master

@KirbyTheVampire I agree. I always found myself getting rather bored when I pick up and play a NSMB game. It's just so-1985. I still love the original Mario 2D games, such as World, 2, 3 and the Original. You can also tell how much more care and love is put into the 3D games. The 3D games always, and I mean ALWAYS present new mechanics, worlds, enemies, bosses, characters, and more. The 2d Mario games: Goomba, Koopa, Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Peach.

The64Master

Paraka

@KirbyTheVampire - Not defending 2D Mario games here... But the wait gap between a 2D Mario is larger than that of the 3D one as of right now. But people act like we got one yesterday, but haven't seen a 3D Mario since Galaxy.

Paraka

Ralizah

I'll only be purchasing multiplats or indies on Switch for the rest of the gen (although we'll see if my resolve breaks down in the face of Monster Hunter World), as I don't appreciate being tethered to a TV when I play a game.

JaxonH wrote:

Which makes it SO satisfying to see the Switch selling as well as it is.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Joeynator3000

...I consider 3D World a 3D Mario game, sooo...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic