Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,281 to 17,300 of 19,407

Paraka

@rallydefault - It's fine to wish it'd be different. I often do as well. I merely had a simplification to WHY it isn't that way. People just are generally more willing to go to something they know they enjoy, or comfortable with. It's often why sequels get higher returns than the first, though often berated for being more of the same. It's also the reason why people often don't get themselves out of ruts they get into in life. The scene of familiarity.

I may hate Mario Party and Metroid Prime, but dammit it if it doesn't sell well enough for games like Ever Oasis and ARMS to exist. It's a bitter-sweet environment.

Paraka

Qwertyninty

Shouldn't we being seeing some switch gameplay for games that release in a couple months? More of Fifa, first Nba 2k, first WWE 2K?

Qwertyninty

FragRed

@Qwertyninty Those three games all have marketing exclusives with Sony so I doubt we will be seeing any Switch gameplay.

FragRed

Qwertyninty

@FragRed I know it's business but pretty crappy. Imagine being a developer and proud of the product you have created for the switch. You want to show it to the world but you are silenced by a business deal you had nothing to do with. I'm ready for all three games to be released for my console of choice.

Qwertyninty

FragRed

@Qwertyninty In the case of the three games you spoke about, they are created by developers owned by the publisher so I doubt they worry too much about whether or not the game they created for the Switch gets shown off.

FragRed

OorWullie

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but we have confirmation Splatoon 2 was the number 1 game in the US for July.The figures are calculated based on dollars sales, and Splatoon costs $20 more than Crash,which is in 2nd place but what's impressive here,is NPD only account for physical sales for Switch games,while digital sales are factored in for the other platforms.BOTW came 5th,MK8 7th and ARMS 17th.Makes you wonder how high they would have charted if digital sales were included too.

Switch was also the highest selling hardware for July.

In the UK Splatoon 2 sales are 59% higher than the originals.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-18-splatoon-2-sales...

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

erv

@OorWullie it's actually a very positive thing to happen. I usually don't care too much about the numbers but let's be honest, it's nice to know there are going to be plenty of people to play this game online with.

It's a lot of fun playing it online so it's all happy thoughts!

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Paraka

@Qwertyninty - Marketing has nothing to do with showcases. Only with what will be in the advertising campaigns. I would suspect we see something in an upcoming Direct at the earliest, or sometime mid-Sept.

Paraka

NaviAndMii

@JaxonH Yeah, I can put myself in that group! I really enjoyed the ARMS Testpunch event - way, way more than I expected to actually - and easily enough to earn it a place on my Switch Wishlist! I just haven't gotten around to picking it up yet because I wanted to ensure that I had other bases covered first...the demo event certainly left a big impression on me though - it was something different & a lot of fun to play - so I'm one more future customer they can (pretty much) rely on (especially if they put it on sale one day - **hint hint, Nintendo!**)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ SNES ๐ŸŽฎ N64 ๐ŸŽฎ GB ๐ŸŽฎ GG ๐ŸŽฎ PC ๐ŸŽฎ PS2 ๐ŸŽฎ GC ๐ŸŽฎ PSP ๐ŸŽฎ Wii ๐ŸŽฎ X360 ๐ŸŽฎ PS4 ๐ŸŽฎ MDC ๐ŸŽฎ Switch ๐ŸŽฎ

Currently playing (online): Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & Splatoon 2

MK8D: R: 8500+, B: 2000+ | Splatoon 2: Lvl: 34, RM: B+, SZ: C, TC: B+

โฉMy Gamesโช

Switch Nickname: TomCatโ˜…

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

NaviAndMii wrote:

@JaxonH Yeah, I can put myself in that group! I really enjoyed the ARMS Testpunch event - way, way more than I expected to actually - and easily enough to earn it a place on my Switch Wishlist! I just haven't gotten around to picking it up yet because I wanted to ensure that I had other bases covered first...the demo event certainly left a big impression on me though - it was something different & a lot of fun to play - so I'm one more future customer they can (pretty much) rely on (especially if they put it on sale one day - **hint hint, Nintendo!**)

ARMS will never go on sale. You should know this. Splatoon 1 is still going for 59.99$

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

JaxonH

@Samus7Killer
They still had sales for Splatoon. I grabbed an extra copy a year or so ago for $29.99 at BestBuy. Might not be that big but, I'm sure they'll run a 44.99 sale at some point, which with GCU is $35.99

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

JaxonH

@Samus7Killer
No doubt. And now Prime only works for preorders too... blah.

Only reason I'm Prime also is the 6 month student trial promo, and half off after that. Otherwise I'd never bother

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

SKTTR

Samus7Killer wrote:

NaviAndMii wrote:

ARMS will never go on sale. You should know this. Splatoon 1 is still going for 59.99$

Sure? Splatoon 1 was always 39,99โ‚ฌ/new in Germany (standard edition without amiibo) and usually games in the US cost less. Mind a game that costs 39,99โ‚ฌ in Germany is almost always $39.99 in the US.

Splatoon 2 is the one for 59,99โ‚ฌ (and there's just that one standard edition without amiibo).

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Octane

@SKTTR Splatoon was/is $60 in the US. They were the exception, we (and Japan) got the game for a ''budget'' price.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I think ARMS will go on sale around Black Friday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

Octane wrote:

@SKTTR Splatoon was/is $60 in the US. They were the exception, we (and Japan) got the game for a ''budget'' price.

Oh, I really didn't know that. And it makes me think about why we and Japan got it cheaper. Probably because online gaming was more popular / already big in the US a couple of years ago.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Octane

@SKTTR Splatoon came out in 2015, not 1995. I don't think there's even a difference in online gaming in Europe and the US. It got discounted because NOJ and NOE decided the price should be lower for whatever reason. Maybe because it released with limited content or maybe because the Wii U wasn't doing as well in Japan and Europe, so the discounted price would help to convince people to pick up the game in those two regions as well.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic