Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,141 to 17,160 of 31,506

SLIGEACH_EIRE

99Vidas - Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

Every generation has its benchmark, 99Vidas is the sum of them all!

99Vidas is a beat 'em up set in a contemporary world that pays tribute to both the new and the classic in gaming industry.
Brought to you in all pixelated, 16 bit-esque glory, chockfull of references to not only gaming, but all 80's and 90's pop culture.
6 stages (with more to come) will take you on a journey to different parts of the world to face hordes of fierce enemies and relentless bosses, but you don’t have to it alone – You can face this challenge with up to 4-players in co-op play, both local and online.

• 11 Playable characters
  • Up to 4 players in Co-op
  • Story Mode with 6 levels
  • 2 Bonus Levels
  • 6 Challenging Boss Fights
  • Versus Mode
  • Survivor Mode
  • Multiple Upgradable skills
  • Multiple Weapons and Special Attacks

For more information, please visit:

http://99vidasthegame.qubyteinteractive.com/

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

NaviAndMii

Showing a picture of a bent Switch isn't exactly evidence that it's bending - in the absence of any 'before and after' pictures showing how a formerly straight Switch has warped over time, I'm inclined to assume that these bent Switch's weren't straight to begin with...

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Yasaal

@SLIGEACH_EIRE They still bend? Oh come on.

Long-time Mario fan, new to the Zelda franchise, and a super competitive player in Mario Kart and Splatoon! Fight me!

Currently Playing: Bayonetta 1

Gintama best anime!

#SaikiKusuo2Hype!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1052-2234-4352 | My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

@Yasaal Of course they do. There will always be something wrong with the systems.

Firstly because that is only logical nothing can be perfect, and two, the internet needs something to moan about regarding Nintendo!

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Luna_110

The Switch may bend, or not, but there isn't any proof it may affect performance. So... the internet blowing up stuff again, it seems.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

@Yasaal

Switch is not bending. It never was. Some units simply come with a slight bend from the manufacturer. My brand new 2nd Switch which is on display and never gets played... It has the slight bend. It's super hard to notice and I wouldn't have ever known about it if it wasn't for the internet telling me to specifically look for it.

But the point is, it's not "bending"--> the flatness of the tablet isn't changing after you buy it. Some people simply noticed the flatness isn't perfectly straight, and starting making wild assumptions about heat causing it and all this other jazz (tests have been done blocking all vents and covering under a blanket and Switch still operates at a very safe level of heat- and it will shut off if it exceeds safe levels (67°C I believe is the cutoff, and that's the temp reading near the chip).

So... ya, all the Switches I'm aware of (everyone I own and all the ones my friends own) are flat within plus or minus a millimeter or so. Nothing you'll ever notice unless you are specifically going out of your way to try to look for it with a straightedge. And on this entire site I really don't hear anybody who owns one complaining either. The whole bending thing is nothing to worry about.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

rallydefault

I can't believe people are moaning about this "bend" stuff. I don't care a rat's butt if my Switch slightly bends over time. If it ever bends enough to crack or displace the screen or otherwise affect the internals, then we'll have a problem, but otherwise, people need to find something that actually matters to complain about.

rallydefault

IceClimbers

So Crackdown 3 got delayed to 2018. Makes the Xbox One X that much harder of a sell. Switch and PS4 will be the hot ticket items this holiday I guess lol.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KirbyTheVampire

@IceClimbers I can't help but feel like it won't live up to the hype, especially after how long it's taken. Could be wrong, though.

KirbyTheVampire

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama the HRAP really is fantastic! The buttons are indeed mushy but i stopped noticing while i played. They clack loud though! Stick is nice, weight and feel are nice, i have NO idea how to play with it. I went from sf2 ww mode to barely winning in tough mode. Played online a bit and got non stop pwned. But its more fun to play that way. Screw handheld mode for fg

I got a usb to usbc adapter to try connecting it handheld but haven't tried it yet. Pocket arcade would be awesome. Switch detects it as a pro controller.

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

So, the weird graphical artifact blotches I saw? 100% the TV. They showed up while watching regular TV. Same look, same location, same behavior, etc. It was a different color, but that probably varies depending on what's on the screen.

The TV isn't ancient (1080p and all that), but I guess it's old enough to start showing it's age.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Yasaal

@JaxonH @BLP_Software Oh. That's good then. I thought all that died down a month after the Switch's launch and as you said thank God it's over!

Long-time Mario fan, new to the Zelda franchise, and a super competitive player in Mario Kart and Splatoon! Fight me!

Currently Playing: Bayonetta 1

Gintama best anime!

#SaikiKusuo2Hype!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1052-2234-4352 | My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Nice! Happy to hear you are enjoying it! I'll mod it with sanwa buttons after I build my funds back up (spent a little too much at the conference...but I'm learning the Japanese flute now lol). Well after I get mine I mean...still waiting on amazon.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

OorWullie

@DarthNocturnal At least you know it's not your Switch. Doesn't help your TV but still. I fear anything going wrong with mine,I'm all digital and its a Japanese Switch bought in Thailand. If it ever needs to be sent away, it'll take around 2 months for me to get it back.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@IceClimbers To be fair the Xbox One doesn't have much going for it even with Crackdown 3. Microsoft just rely too much on third party support (which they don't even have exclusive marketing/content for) and the odd games for service first party title which seems to be their aim going forward.

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I see it more as focusing on expanding existing games rather than having new ones. Halo Wars 2 has an expansion this fall, Gears of War 4 had some very significant content updates this year, there seems to be something related to ReCore happening at Gamescom, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

And Forza gets a new game every year thanks to it being split between two types of racing now.
If Nintendo was to ever get something like Forza Horizon on the Switch, I'd find it a difficult choice between the two.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic