Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,121 to 17,140 of 69,981

MFD

@Paraka I see. So another question, pertaining to third-parties: Which would you think will be most influential as to further third-party support?

MFD

IceClimbers

@UmniKnight Strong sales for third party software is what will influence further support.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MFD

@IceClimbers Aye, but it wouldn't surprise me if some in particular are being used as measuring stick, like Rabbids for example.

MFD

Azooooz

@UmniKnight The correct answer would be this: The more consoles are sold, the more likely that 3rd-party companies will likely invest their time and money to make games for that console. Look at Wii, third parties are still making games for it, despite its discontinuation about 4 years ago.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

IceClimbers

@UmniKnight Sure. In the case of Rabbids, that's honestly set to sell well I think. It's currently #1 on the best sellers list on Amazon (even ahead of the PS Store cards) and #3 on the US eShop charts.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

I hope we get more games like Mario + Rabbids, in that we get more partnerships between other third-parties and license Nintendo IPs off of them and have enough of a look into them so they still feel like "Nintendo games".

For example, Shin'en making a true F-Zero game, WayForward handling the next 2D Metroid, etc. There might be more examples than this but yeah, you get the point.

Sure, you may get duds like Platinum Games with Star Fox Zero (though that game is more divisive than anything), but you can't win them all.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Paraka

UmniKnight wrote:

@Paraka I see. So another question, pertaining to third-parties: Which would you think will be most influential as to further third-party support?

Instead of the basic measuring tools already answered by fellow posters, that third party support in kind to the market's response to the system itself. This goes well for Nintendo as well.

But if Nintendo needed to court more over for Switch, my bet would be safer to involve themselves. Whereas money hats do get a lot done, you also see the initial efforts cheapened (RE4 on GCN) when a re-release or port hits a broader market with bonuses. Nintendo has a better chance with third parties keeping exclusive promises when they're legally more binding. For instance, Bayo 2 cannot move anywhere unless someone pays Nintendo in an agreement for their own efforts for the game plus a percentile of revenue of said efforts made to the game, makong it a reality. In contrast Sony's agreement for SFV may be seeing an end soon and Ultra SFV may be a thing (as it always is with Capcom), thus rendering the enticement of the original deal.

Paraka

rallydefault

UmniKnight wrote:

@rallydefault Then I'm not "looking hard enough". I get a "discount" by pre-ordering and not having to pay shipping costs at my local retailer. So far as I'm aware, they don't have any discount program.

100% exactly. Maybe you should look beyond your local retailer. Try the internet. Try anything, bro, cuz you're just throwing away money.

Like, I'm about to go order Mario and Rabbids, but there's no way I'm paying full price for that sucker.

rallydefault

Samus7Killer

SFZero was no dud. People just were wimps about the controls

Samus7Killer

rallydefault

Samus7Killer wrote:

SFZero was no dud. People just were wimps about the controls

If you liked the controls, fine, but there's no excuse for not including traditional controls. Splatoon does it, and many of us on this board prefer turning the motion stuff off for that game. So why not include that for Starfox?

No excuse, and it was a silly decision. At any rate, the game was released late in a dead system's life cycle; sales were never going to be that high. I'm kinda mad they didn't keep it for Switch, actually.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Samus7Killer

The controls catch on after a level or two. The game is good. People cried and whined for gamepad features and when they got it finally in a unique way the cried and whined some more. Get good i say..
Nintendo Super fans dont deserve another StarFox ever.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

FragRed

@rallydefault Unfortunately the bad reviews and poor sales will likely give Nintendo reason not to invest in any more games in the franchise any time soon sadly.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Samus7Killer

But yet theyre using SF2 as an extra hype nugget to get the SNES mini. Smh. Shame on nintendo.

Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

2nd screen stuff added uniqeness and a new level of fun to the game...

Gyrocopter made Copters great again. What are you talking about?
Game doesnt always gotta be lightening fast. Missions require finnese sometimes.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

@DarthNocturnal Sometimes ya gotta wrestle with the controller to get things accomplished.... think of it as an added puzzle element breaking down that 4th wall.

Samus7Killer

rallydefault

Samus7Killer wrote:

The controls catch on after a level or two. The game is good. People cried and whined for gamepad features and when they got it finally in a unique way the cried and whined some more. Get good i say..
Nintendo Super fans dont deserve another StarFox ever.

Nah nah nah, sorry man, but you're full of it. Total bull.

I own the game. I completed it once through sheer force of will, and I will never play that thing again. Wrestling with unintuitive controls is not fun. It's stupid. They should have just included the option for traditional controls, end of story. They only have themselves to blame for poor sales.

And hey, that "get good" thing was cute like 3 years ago. Get an original thought.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Samus7Killer

Lol glad you're mad. No reason to get upset cause i like the game.

Samus7Killer

JaxonH

@Samus7Killer
using SF2 as an extra hype nugget to get the SNES mini. Smh. Shame on nintendo

Shame? I applaud them. They could've released this system with 20 mediocre games and it still would've sold out regardless. The fact they bent over backwards to get 20 of the best video games released in the retro era (and some of all time) including a never before released star fox game is worthy of praise

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I somewhat agree, impressive but that is bogged down by the stock issue nonsense. As far as we can tell, the main people who benefit from Nintendo adding in Star Fox 2 are scalpers.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I don't think there's going to be nearly as much stock issue as people think. It's the initial wave and people are buying them up in anticipation of making money on them. But I think Nintendo's going to flood the market between now and the end of the year, and anyone who gives in and pays hundreds of dollars will just be wasting money.

There was actually quite a bit of stock of the NES, at least at first. I remember because I bought two of them- One for my dad and one for Sinalefa, and purposely chose not to buy one for myself because I just didn't want one. Then it eventually became much more rare, and I started regretting not getting one for myself- especially for a measly $60.

In any case they said they're going to produce way more stock than they did at the NES so I'd say just give it some time- Gamestop is saying they're going to have stock on launch day, as well Toys "R" Us and basically every other retailer. And I'm willing to bet we get restocks every two weeks for the remainder of the year. Online and in store. By the time December rolls around those classics will be sitting on eBay for cost.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic