Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,501 to 16,520 of 69,981

JaxonH

@OorWullie
I mean, it's expensive. But I like it. I wanted to experience Ultra Street Fighter II like when I was a kid at the arcade. I don't regret it for a second. And I am hoping to get a lot more use out of it than just SF, although I was perfectly OK with it being just that game if it came down to it. But before you drop that much money I'd just make sure that you would use it... and if you would, then I think it's definitely worth it.

But you absolutely positively need Ultra Street Fighter II. That game is a must-have, stick or not. But even more so if you get a stick!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Got a fun chance to stop by the honest to goodness arcade. Theyve set up an fg area now, that's new in the last 8 months. Just a few rows, plus a few neo geo games (metal slug 5 etc) got to play SFIV.... thought it was the "NEW" PS4 one then realized it's the 3DS one..... wow, feels like a totally different game. Was fun though. And for to compare my Hori parts to sanwa.... not as different as i thought. Sanwa is more resistant with increasing resistance, concave, and has that gloss finish. Hori is a little lighter and linear touch. Button caps feeling thinner with more slop is probably the biggest difference pin Hori.

They also had 3 SFII cabinets..... wired seeing that game next to SFIV, tekken 7 and MvC as legitimately equal. No wonder is $50 ON switch. It's not a switch tax. That's legitimately a flagship title for capcom in the arcade still. Its higher profile than the 4 slightly abandoned sfiv cabs sitting apart from all the other fighters

NEStalgia

electrolite77

@UmniKnight

I think it has been and will be very well received as a handheld, that's what people expect from Nintendo judging by sales. As a huge plus, this time it's not light years behind tech-wise.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

OorWullie

See the tempered glass screen protectors,are they bad for fingerprints?The one I've got on my Switch is a plastic one that came included with it it,t's really bad for fingerprints.It wasn't a cheap one though,I'm sure it was the same price as a tempered glass one,the guy in the shop wouldn't let me swap it though..I'll happily buy a new glass protector if it means less smears.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

electrolite77

@OorWullie

Mines pretty good yeah. It picks.up fingerprints on occasion but they clean really easily. I got the Hori one.

Playstation ID - GJB77

electrolite77

@Ralizah

It's not just perception is it? Lots of third-party games have undersold on Nintendo whether it's bad ports, good ports or exclusives that look like a good fit.

You're right they wouldn't get the support though. They wouldn't move enough gamers from their existing libraries and friends lists on Sony or MS to sell enough. I also don't think the industry has any interest whatsoever in a fourth box (including the PC) playing the same games and cannibalising existing sales.

Playstation ID - GJB77

OorWullie

@electrolite77 Cheers. I cleaned it before putting it away yesterday, I'm looking at it now after playing with it for a couple of hours and it's a smeary mess. I'll get a glass one then when I'm back in the UK. Hopefully this one I've got on removes easy enough.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

SKTTR

New games in the Coming Soon section of the Switch eShop (EU):

2017.08.31 4,99€ [DL] Astro Bears Party (QubicGames)
2017.08.?? ??,??€ [DL] Brawlout (Angry Mob Games)
2017.08.?? ??,??€ [DL] Butcher (Crunching Koalas / Transhuman Design)
2017.08.24 9,99€ [DL] FORMA.8 (MixedBag)
2017.09.07 29,99€ [CART] LEGO Worlds (WB Games)
2017.08.?? ??,??€ [DL] Lichtspeer - Double Speer Edition (Crunching Koalas / Lichthund)
2017.09.07 ??,??€ [DL] Morphite (Blowfish Studios / Crescent Moon Games / We're Five Games)
2017.09.05 29,99€ [DL] R.B.I. Baseball 2017 (Nighthawk Interactive / MLB Advanced Media)
2017.08.?? ??,??€ [DL] Robonauts (QubicGames)
2017.10.03 ??,??€ [DL] Syberia (Microids / Koalabs / Anuman Interactive)
2017.08.?? ??,??€ [DL] The Count Lucanor (Merge Games / Ratalaika Games / Baroque Decay)
2017.08.?? ??,??€ [CART] This Is The Police (THQ Nordic / Weappy Studio)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

MFD

@SKTTR The indies are coming in unrestrained, that's true. The only one of those on my radar, is Nine Parchment.

MFD

MFD

@BLP_Software If you're wondering where I brought the home-console/handheld argument from, I had the same conversation a while earlier, when in regards to EA not quite having figured out how to use the Switch, someone brought this up: "Those demographics aren't equal. We still don't have hard data on how many Switch owners prefer handheld, docked, or either, and that would be very helpful in making certain development decisions to make the most of the modes that would get played the most."

Where I gave my response: "That would be antithesis, since it would cause favouritism of handheld over home-console, which would ruin the Switch as a concept. If Game Freak, for example, make Pokemon for Switch handheld only, then that Fs with the entire system and it's message.

As far as I know, most people use both modes, equally, as the Switch was intended. And the system must remain open to personal use, without getting games pigeon-holed into either, without a solid reason as to why they're handheld only (touch screen)."

Push comes to shove, I then decided to look around, and saw mostly handheld favoured talk on the places I came across. Naturally, that gives on the impression that it's favoured. Coupled with someone else telling me he's expecting handheld to become the favoured mode, it had me wonder....

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Haruki_NLI

@UmniKnight I never asked.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SKTTR

More Switch games announced I haven't seen mentioned here, or running in action before:

Snow Moto Racing Freedom by Zordix

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia is also on the line.

Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue by Sprite

Butcher by Crunching Koalas

Lichtspeer - Double Speer Edition by Crunching Koalas

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

rallydefault

@UmniKnight
I use it mostly in docked mode. Also, there's no way for you to arrive at any kind of accurate conclusion as to what people prefer simply by gathering anecdotes from people on the internet.

The majority of the internet firmly believed the Switch wouldn't even sell in the first place. It's pretty obvious that many, MANY people who bought and own Switches aren't on the internet, or at least aren't expressing their viewpoints on forums for people like you to swing by and account for in some sort of "study."

Just not possible, my friend. You'd have to get out into the real world just like the good ol' days and do a comprehensive survey of thousands of people to start approaching the truth of the matter.

rallydefault

BigBadJohn

@UmniKnight The only reason a developer would make a game handheld only is if touch screen inputs where integral to the game. As far as I'm aware there is only one game on the Switch this applies to.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

MFD

@rallydefault That's true, and it'd probably take quite some time to even gather the numbers, let alone if it should be used as a measure by developers.

But as I've said, it tends to be influenced when most people you talk to, use it the other way you do, you tend to feel like you're on your own in that. I guess I was hoping to get some like-minds to validate not ever removing my Switch from it's dock, and I do thank the people that have been giving me hope in that regard.

Also if you went outside to gauge it, then you wouldn't find the people inside that are playing it docked

MFD

MFD

@BigBadJohn 2 of them, that being Voez and Severed, but yes. I've one sent Nintendo an e-mail, and they told me it's up to the developer how they make their game, and to what mode it's tied to.

MFD

Nincompoop

In the future there will be games that will only run in the dock. I believe that Nintendo will release an external GPU add-on for the Switch dock (similar to the Apple external GPU for the Mac at the end of the year), it will raise the processing power of Switch to at least PS4 level. VR using a wireless headset will be possible on Switch with this add-on GPU.

Nincompoop

Ralizah

@JaxonH Re: I Am Setsuna... that game is largely regarded as mediocre by the gaming community. Even a massive JRPG nerd like me couldn't muster up enthusiasm for it. Now, if Octopath, Xenoblade, Tales of, SMT, etc. do poorly, them we have a problem.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MFD

@Ralizah I am planning to buy all of those you've mentioned, (save for Setsuna) but I'm not holding my breath for Xenoblade 2.

MFD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic