Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,481 to 16,500 of 69,988

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Eh, seems to me they're doing reasonably well- certainly far better than on Wii U. Especially for having such a small install base. What I'm worried about is JRPG's. Seems no one cared about I Am Setsuna- and I get that it had already been out on PS4 but, there was just so little interest it scares me. Now Lost Sphear is in the works, and the game honest to goodness looks immaculate. But it's like people just aren't interested- I don't hear anybody talking about it.

Aside from that, I'm optimistic. I think people have a much better reason to buy games that they might have already played before. For example, a lot of people have already played Skyrim and Rocket League. But I'm willing to bet a large number of people buy those games specifically because it is the first ever chance for them to play those games anywhere, and do so without needing some watered down handheld version. I'll be there day one for most 3rd party games. Disgaea 5, Fate Extella, I Am Setsuna, Bomberman, Ultra Street Fighter II, Puyo Puyo, Cave Story, Binding of Issac... got em all. One Piece, DB Xenoverse 2, Mario Kingdom Battle, FE Warriors, Rayman Legends, Nights of Azure 2, Lost Sphear, Skyrim, Rocket League, The End Is Nigh, FIFA, NBA 2k, WWE... I'm buying a ton of games. Even more when Dragon Quest Heroes 1/2 and DQ Builders 2 and DQXI and SMTV finally release and come west.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH I've heard I Am Setsuna was depressing, and I'm not much of a turn-based RPG player these days, since I've had (nearly) every Pokemon, Fates and Awakening in terms of FE, plenty of turn-based on my computer, etc. I'm not one for depressing, and yeah, over-saturation on my end, along with genuine disinterest in that particular game.

I do usually buy JRPGs, but Setsuna was not my jam. You can be damn sure I'll get Octopath though. Nights of Azure, I would but.... There's too much as well....

I usually don't go for DQ, because I don't like that first-person way of fighting monsters. I want to see my characters, so if it offers that, sure, I'll indulge.

As for buying games for portability, yeah, that's a thing as well. I personally don't care for that, but I guess it does sell extra just for that reason.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

rallydefault

@JaxonH @UmniKnight
I Am Setsuna was an awesome game - I loved it. And I'm very picky with my RPGs these days. I also don't know where the talk about poor sales is coming from - I was under the impression it did pretty well considering it never sold gangbusters on PS4, either.

I mean, at the very least they've decided to bring the next game to Switch again, so it couldn't have done too bad, especially in this all-too cutthroat industry.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

MFD

@rallydefault I may be tempted to try that Lost Sphear, depending on when it comes out, the state of my finances, etc.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
January 19th I believe. Day after my bday is what made it stick in my mind.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

MFD

@JaxonH I wonder when they'll release Octopath... It's been silent surrounding that one for quite some time now, practically since it was announced. We know Nintendo is keeping things under wraps. I wonder when we'll next get another direct....

Speaking of keeping things under wraps, I daresay they could do with some more sharing of info on what's coming.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight

Probably gonna let MHXX release, let Mario x Rabbids release, get most of September knocked out with Metroid, Rayman Legends, DB Xenoverse, FIFA, Pokken Tourney, MH Stories, etc. Then host a Direct for Odyssey, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem Warriors info. As for Project Octopath Traveller, I think that'll come from Square Enix. Maybe after Lost Sphear, Idk...

rallydefault

@UmniKnight
I think we'll see a Direct shortly after Rabbids comes out, so early/mid September, which would also be about a month until Odyssey - perfect time to get people pumped for the start of the Holiday season (yes, Holiday season now begins in October lol).

Plus, if they do one around mid September, they could probably get away with one more around Black Friday after people have had a month to digest Odyssey - could use it as a final reminder of all the other non-Mario games for Switch during the Holidays.

On a semi-related note, I was in the King of Prussia mall today (MASSIVE mall outside of Philadelphia for all non-U.S. peeps), and there were signs all over the place for Nintendo's "Summer of Play" event or whatever that would be happening next weekend. They had pictures of ARMS and Mario Kart that I saw, and the advertising was VERY visible. Pretty cool to see after the dark years of the Wii U. Really seems like they're keeping up the strong marketing campaign for Switch.

rallydefault

MFD

@rallydefault As they should, marketing makes sure those who are not in the know are aware regardless. New people to buy the Switch could also be those to buy third-party, alleviating the problem of all the testing.

@JaxonH I hope we get some localisation news, or SOMETHING from Capcom regarding MH for Switch in the West. If not, then I will not let that stand, after 3DS and Nintendo's crowd has supported them as well as they have, building the Western base on their back. I'll get MHW for my PC, but the grudge will be written in the book!

As for others, well, Nintendo has said frequently to have unannounced projects, and I await news of them with eager anticipation. I'm ready to buy more games for the Switch. I want my boxes to stack higher than my TV!

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Octane

@rallydefault ''King of Prussia'' has to be the most awful name for mall...

Good to see there's some Switch ads though, I have yet to see any of them.

Octane

rallydefault

@Octane
lol - I honestly chuckled. Yea, I guess I never thought about the name too much, being so used to it. Most people refer to it as "the k.o.p." haha

rallydefault

Qwertyninty

In reference to WWE.... I haven't played a wrestling game from them in a LONG time. Is there a way to get older stars? Like through DLC do they offer something like that? Or is it just the select ones they offer?

Qwertyninty

Aozz101x

i didnt know were to post this. but pokken dx is getting an eShop demo soon.
http://nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-dx-demo-on-th...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

@Aozz101x cool. Tried it on WiiU and it wasn't my cup of tea. Will give it another try.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

I wonder, can Pokken Tournament be played with a stick, or is it not that type of game... I have it on Wii U, but I didn't play it too much.

OorWullie

@JaxonH A Japanese retailer listed it as compatible a while ago but then removed it later. What's interesting is that was before Pokken was even confirmed.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/rumour_japanese_reta...

The fact Pokken was announced after this error kind of confirms that it will be compatible.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@OorWullie
Well, it was one of the only arcade games to not have a stick. Not that Dpad and buttons are much different than a stick. Just size is all. So I guess just common sense would tell me the fact it's using a D pad and six buttons on it's official controller means it'll work with a stick fine. Pretty sure the only reason they didn't go with one at the arcade is because they could appeal to more people with a controller.

But another part of me wants to play the game how it was originally intended which means buying one of those $20 wired Pokken controllers. There's just something about playing a game authentically how it was originally presented at the arcades. That's the whole reason I got the fight stick in the first place but for this game... maybe I will grab one of those $20 controllers.

edit
Ok, grabbed a preorder for the new black Pokken controller.

Edited on by JaxonH

OorWullie

@JaxonH Is it as good as you hoped it would be? I'm really wanting one but I need to wait as I'm going back home for a couple of months. I'm mostly wanting it for the Neo Geo and Psikyo shoot-em-ups, love them. Namco Museum will be great with it too. I'll be using it for fighters too of course but I've only got 2 so far, Garou and KoF98. I stopped myself buying Samurai Shodown 4 the other, I'd rather save that for when I get the Rap-V. USF2 I was very close to buying last week, I just had to click "confirm purchase" but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I know I'll get it eventually.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic