Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,241 to 16,260 of 16,565

JaxonH

@Yasaal
Team Cake.

PLAYING
Arms [Switch] ..... Monster Hunter XX [3DS]

AWAITING
Splatoon 2 [Switch] ..... Monster Hunter XX [Switch] ..... Mario Kingdom Battle [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] Monster Hunter World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

GrailUK

@Yasaal Shhh...I was team BOTH! (I need to go on a diet )

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@JaxonH ARMS is everything I hoped it would be and more,it's superb.Every time I put it on I'm enjoying it more than the last and I haven't even scratched the surface of it yet.The intensity in some of the fights I had last night online and offline was unreal.I've actually just put it on,I'm a round away from a level 4 semi final but I just can't get past Spring Man,was at him for ages last night before I gave up.Really want to beat level 4 so I can try ranked matches.

I really hope Nintendo continue to push it for the rest of the year and beyond.it deserves to be a huge success.It would be a perfect title to bundle with systems for Xmas.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

JaxonH

@OorWullie

ARMS is everything I hoped it would be and more,it's superb

That's probably the best summary description I can think of. At first, it was good, but once I got the thumbs up control scheme down pat the game started getting reaaally addictive. Like you said, the more you play the better it gets. Like a fine wine.

Now, if you asked me what I thought of Arms, I'd say it's worthy to sit right alongside Mario Kart and Splatoon. Fitting... a racing game, a fighter and a shooter, all of them wacky and zany and incredibly fun.

PLAYING
Arms [Switch] ..... Monster Hunter XX [3DS]

AWAITING
Splatoon 2 [Switch] ..... Monster Hunter XX [Switch] ..... Mario Kingdom Battle [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] Monster Hunter World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

I think ARMS suffers from being too close to Splatoon 2. I was so hyped for ARMS with the Global Testpunch, I bought the game a day after launch (preorders can be picked up within 48 hours of launch) and yet I haven't played much in July because of BotW DLC (it pushed me to start the game on Switch rather than continue my Wii U save file) and Splatoon 2 coming out on Friday. When will I next properly get back to it? Well maybe August if I choose not to buy Mario + Rabbids day 1, maybe next year assuming Fire Emblem Warriors is September.

Grumblevolcano

3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

JaxonH wrote:

In all my years as a gamer I don't think I've ever seen so many absolute knockouts in a row so closely bunched together, much less in the first 6-8 months of a console's launch. Zelda Breath of the Wild- bam! Mario Kart 8- bam! Arms- bam! Splatoon 2- bam! Mario Kingdom Battle- bam! Super Mario Odyssey- bam! Xenoblade 2- bam! And it's not like Pokken Tournament DX and Fire Emblem Warriors are duds either- they might not be "oh my gosh this game is amaaaaazing!!! but Pokken Tournament was a solid game (this version will be better obviously) and Hyrule Warriors was surprisingly addictive... ans Fire Emblem Warriors looks better.

I'm a happy gamer. I really am. This new hybrid console is everything I've ever wanted from a game system. Still can't get over playing these amazing games in full HD glory as a handheld...

I agree. I have never seen such a strong year one lineup for a console in my life. The concept of it is everything I've ever wanted from a console and, so far, Nintendo really seems to be sticking the execution. The first time I played Breath of the Wild on the tablet was one of the coolest gaming-related experiences I've ever had in my life: one of those "WOW!" moments when you realize how fully Nintendo succeeded with what they were going for.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano That's the thing with all Nintendo's games so far and in the months to come,they're all big time consumers.Zelda,MK8D,ARMS,Splatoon 2,Mario Odyssey then Xenoblade 2 and you can add on Pokken and FE Warriors,although I'll be giving those a miss personally.With Wii U we were used to long gaps between big releases so we could get loads out of those games.Not so with Switch,it's one after another.Not that I'm complaining,it's fantastic.Next year it'll be nice to get smaller titles though like Yoshi and Kirby,ones that don't command so much of our time.

KirbyTheVampire

I'm glad I didn't buy ARMS, at least for now. I don't think I'll feel like playing any multiplayer game but Splatoon 2 for a really long time. Plus, there are so many other games that I want this year that I can't afford to buy games that I don't consider must-buys.

KirbyTheVampire

Yasaal

One of the main reasons I skipped ARMS was because of Splatoon. ARMS felt too similar to it in both art and a little bit with gameplay. Add to that the cancerous community of Twintelle and Minmin waifu fanboys (who prevented me from properly enjoying games like FE Awakening and Fates) and you might get what I meant. Maybe this is what most people feel or maybe it's just me unable to get into ARMS for some unknown reason...

Long-time Mario fan, new to the Zelda franchise, and a hardcore competitive player in Mario Kart and Splatoon. Currently having almost no friends to play with :'(

Switch friend code: SW-1052-2234-4352

Currently Playing: Zelda Breath of the Wild (Lynel Hunting Safari for me!), Splatoon 2 (For eel?)

Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

chriiiiiiiiiis

@Yasaal I guess I can see where you're coming from in regards to art style but Splatoon and ARMS' gameplay is really not similar at all for me. They are different genres and I can't really think of any significant similarities I can pull between them at all. It's online and you attack each other but I mean... there are a billion games like that so I don't know if you can call that similar. I think maybe Splatoon is more appealing because it just has a lot more content and it's got more depth to it. (Also, on the topic of fanboys you brought up, have you seen the gross Splatoon fans that are around? I can handle Twintelle and Minmin fanboys over some of those guys anyday!)

chriiiiiiiiiis

Octane

@Yasaal I never that wasn't reason. I don't think I was even talking about that lol. All I said was that TP opted for a more realistic art style than WW, and the game has aged more [visually] as a result.

Octane

OorWullie

ARMS opens itself it up big time after a few days of play.There's so much more to it than you probably think,even if you tried the Global Testpunch.I've just playing ranked online matches there for 3 hours and I only stopped because I have work to do,rather than tired arms I fully recommend this game to everyone,it's so unique and fun to play and anyone you show it off to will surely want a go too.Youtube videos don't do it justice.Even if you don't like fighting games,you really should give this a try,there's nothing else quite like it.

Bolt_Strike

Maybe if there was some kind of demo, I'd consider getting ARMS. I missed the Global Testpunch and now there seems to be no demo of any kind to try out before I buy it, so I have no idea whether I'd like it. I'm not usually into fighting games, so it'd be pretty risky for me to go out and buy it without one, so I'm not going to bother until I get that opportunity.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

No complaints about ARMS from me, does exactly what you expect it to do. With that said I haven't bothered using the motion controls for it and don't intend to. Definitely a game worth picking up especially if you were one of the people who had Splatoon/Mario Kart on Wii U.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@skywake I'm actually more tempted to pick up Splatoon 2 when I get my Switch than ARMS. I think there's a good concept, but I can't see myself enjoying it for €60. Maybe when the price drops a bit next year or so...

Meanwhile, I did try out MK8 on the Switch, and yeah, it's still a good game, but I have absolutely no intention of buying it again.

Octane

StuTwo

Samus7Killer wrote:

How dare you refer to Overwatch as that. Shame on you. OverWatch is way better and beyond that. You call it cartooney yet TF is cartooney. You seem upset at its success.

The original Team Fortress (Classic?) wasn't cartoony.

More seriously though - I was being a little flippant in my descriptions of all of the games I listed.

Although I've not played it (because I don't have a machine that would play it and I have limited time) I do find OverWatch hugely appealing. From what I've seen, even before the visual design (which I love) the gameplay of OverWatch tackles some of the problems inherent to online FPSs (including TF2 which addressed many itself) in a lot of smart ways. I'd love to see it on Switch and I really hope that its gameplay lessons and general tone are carried into other games...

...but, come on, it is basically a very pretty, very well executed and marketed modern take on Team Fortress.

StuTwo

Hieronymus-E

I too skipped ARMS day in favor of Splatoon 2.

It looks like an interesting and engaging game, but I don't have the cash for it after Splatoon and Steam Summer Sale.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic