Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,241 to 16,260 of 22,299

Ralizah

JaxonH wrote:

In all my years as a gamer I don't think I've ever seen so many absolute knockouts in a row so closely bunched together, much less in the first 6-8 months of a console's launch. Zelda Breath of the Wild- bam! Mario Kart 8- bam! Arms- bam! Splatoon 2- bam! Mario Kingdom Battle- bam! Super Mario Odyssey- bam! Xenoblade 2- bam! And it's not like Pokken Tournament DX and Fire Emblem Warriors are duds either- they might not be "oh my gosh this game is amaaaaazing!!! but Pokken Tournament was a solid game (this version will be better obviously) and Hyrule Warriors was surprisingly addictive... ans Fire Emblem Warriors looks better.

I'm a happy gamer. I really am. This new hybrid console is everything I've ever wanted from a game system. Still can't get over playing these amazing games in full HD glory as a handheld...

I agree. I have never seen such a strong year one lineup for a console in my life. The concept of it is everything I've ever wanted from a console and, so far, Nintendo really seems to be sticking the execution. The first time I played Breath of the Wild on the tablet was one of the coolest gaming-related experiences I've ever had in my life: one of those "WOW!" moments when you realize how fully Nintendo succeeded with what they were going for.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano That's the thing with all Nintendo's games so far and in the months to come,they're all big time consumers.Zelda,MK8D,ARMS,Splatoon 2,Mario Odyssey then Xenoblade 2 and you can add on Pokken and FE Warriors,although I'll be giving those a miss personally.With Wii U we were used to long gaps between big releases so we could get loads out of those games.Not so with Switch,it's one after another.Not that I'm complaining,it's fantastic.Next year it'll be nice to get smaller titles though like Yoshi and Kirby,ones that don't command so much of our time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

KirbyTheVampire

I'm glad I didn't buy ARMS, at least for now. I don't think I'll feel like playing any multiplayer game but Splatoon 2 for a really long time. Plus, there are so many other games that I want this year that I can't afford to buy games that I don't consider must-buys.

KirbyTheVampire

Yasaal

One of the main reasons I skipped ARMS was because of Splatoon. ARMS felt too similar to it in both art and a little bit with gameplay. Add to that the cancerous community of Twintelle and Minmin waifu fanboys (who prevented me from properly enjoying games like FE Awakening and Fates) and you might get what I meant. Maybe this is what most people feel or maybe it's just me unable to get into ARMS for some unknown reason...

Long-time Mario fan, new to the Zelda franchise, and a super competitive player in Mario Kart and Splatoon! Fight me!

Currently Playing: Waifu Emblem Warriors (Cordelia best girl)

Gintama best anime!

#FoodWarsS3Hype!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1052-2234-4352 | My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

chriiiiiiiiiis

@Yasaal I guess I can see where you're coming from in regards to art style but Splatoon and ARMS' gameplay is really not similar at all for me. They are different genres and I can't really think of any significant similarities I can pull between them at all. It's online and you attack each other but I mean... there are a billion games like that so I don't know if you can call that similar. I think maybe Splatoon is more appealing because it just has a lot more content and it's got more depth to it. (Also, on the topic of fanboys you brought up, have you seen the gross Splatoon fans that are around? I can handle Twintelle and Minmin fanboys over some of those guys anyday!)

chriiiiiiiiiis

Octane

@Yasaal I never that wasn't reason. I don't think I was even talking about that lol. All I said was that TP opted for a more realistic art style than WW, and the game has aged more [visually] as a result.

Octane

OorWullie

ARMS opens itself it up big time after a few days of play.There's so much more to it than you probably think,even if you tried the Global Testpunch.I've just playing ranked online matches there for 3 hours and I only stopped because I have work to do,rather than tired arms I fully recommend this game to everyone,it's so unique and fun to play and anyone you show it off to will surely want a go too.Youtube videos don't do it justice.Even if you don't like fighting games,you really should give this a try,there's nothing else quite like it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Bolt_Strike

Maybe if there was some kind of demo, I'd consider getting ARMS. I missed the Global Testpunch and now there seems to be no demo of any kind to try out before I buy it, so I have no idea whether I'd like it. I'm not usually into fighting games, so it'd be pretty risky for me to go out and buy it without one, so I'm not going to bother until I get that opportunity.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

No complaints about ARMS from me, does exactly what you expect it to do. With that said I haven't bothered using the motion controls for it and don't intend to. Definitely a game worth picking up especially if you were one of the people who had Splatoon/Mario Kart on Wii U.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@skywake I'm actually more tempted to pick up Splatoon 2 when I get my Switch than ARMS. I think there's a good concept, but I can't see myself enjoying it for €60. Maybe when the price drops a bit next year or so...

Meanwhile, I did try out MK8 on the Switch, and yeah, it's still a good game, but I have absolutely no intention of buying it again.

Octane

StuTwo

Samus7Killer wrote:

How dare you refer to Overwatch as that. Shame on you. OverWatch is way better and beyond that. You call it cartooney yet TF is cartooney. You seem upset at its success.

The original Team Fortress (Classic?) wasn't cartoony.

More seriously though - I was being a little flippant in my descriptions of all of the games I listed.

Although I've not played it (because I don't have a machine that would play it and I have limited time) I do find OverWatch hugely appealing. From what I've seen, even before the visual design (which I love) the gameplay of OverWatch tackles some of the problems inherent to online FPSs (including TF2 which addressed many itself) in a lot of smart ways. I'd love to see it on Switch and I really hope that its gameplay lessons and general tone are carried into other games...

...but, come on, it is basically a very pretty, very well executed and marketed modern take on Team Fortress.

StuTwo

Caldorosso-E

I too skipped ARMS day in favor of Splatoon 2.

It looks like an interesting and engaging game, but I don't have the cash for it after Splatoon and Steam Summer Sale.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

chardir

Why do they run these queue up for a raffle things? Wouldn't a normal pre-order system work, like the rest of the world uses?

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950
Currently playing: Fast RMX, Splatoon 2, ARMS

KirbyTheVampire

@Octane Probably a good idea. I liked ARMS a lot, and I do think it would be worth buying if the price dropped, but I don't think it's really on the same level as Splatoon 2. Granted, I only played it during the testpunch, and basically everyone who bought it seems to think it was well worth the money, but I don't think I would be inclined to play it much after Splatoon 2 comes out, and especially not after Smash.

KirbyTheVampire

Caldorosso-E

I use my Switch on the go, so I couldn't imagine using it with motion controls while using ARMS. I'll wait untill I get a TV before I play it.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

gcunit

@Hieronymus-E Granted, I normally play ARMS on the telly, but I had a great session playing it in table-top mode with normal motion controls.

It's a shame of people aren't seeing it yet, but ARMS really is a great 1v1 fighter, and certainly as good a demonstration of the extra dimension motion controls can provide as I can remember.

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic