Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,981 to 16,000 of 69,991

rallydefault

@DarthNocturnal
Hey man - this reminds me of something another guy had issues with in a thread he created.

I recommended the following, and at least in his case, it seemed to work:

-First, try a COMPLETE shut down and restart. Like, hold down the power button for 10 seconds or whatever total shutdown. Give it a try, just for kicks.
-Make absolutely sure the Switch is "solid" in the dock. I know that sounds...uh...vague, at best, but seriously - check the connection and make sure that puppy is totally pushed down. Check your HDMI connections while you're at it. You'd be surprised how much a little looseness in one end of a cable or connection can mess things up.
-If all else fails, factory reset the Switch. Depending on how much "digital" you are with your games, I know this can be painful to re-download everything, but I think it's worth a shot before shipping your system off for fixing.

Like I said, another guy was complaining of similar graphical anomalies, and he reported a factory reset corrected the problem. The saved games issue...yea, I'm not sure what happens to those or if you can back them up somewhere else.

rallydefault

JaxonH

@tobibra
I believe CC linked to eShop need to have billing address in that country. So here's what you do.

1 You set up an Amazon JP account.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

Link a payment via CC or debit

Create Tenso account (Tenso is a package forwarding service- simply signing up for an account will grant you a Japanese address to use, and they provide step by step instructions for how to enter that address on all the major retailers, with tailored instructions for Amazon Japan)
http://www.tenso.com/en/

Add your new JP address to your Amazon JP address book via Tenso tutorial

Order eShop credit via digital delivery on Amazon JP. When you check out , it will warn you that your country settings are not set to Japan and it will ask you if you would like to set your country to Japan. Click yes.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00W95IRCM/ref=oh_aui_d_d...

Check out, and upon clicking the final purchase button, a tab will open with your eShop code in ¥.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Also depends of your card is accepted for international transactions. Mine isnt due to restrictions because of fraud.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NinROCK3T

I've been craving speed running, but all I have on the Switch is MK8D & all the demos. So I decided to just speedrun the demoes. I got 31:17 on the Blaster Master 0 Demo (beating both levels) on my first try. Could easily cut the time in half if not more, but hey I did my first speedrun on Switch!

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

OorWullie

@JaxonH Let me know what you think of Hori Rap V.I was just thinking the other night how cool it would be to have one of those mini arcade cabinets.It didn't occur to me I could just buy one off Amazon and for so cheap.It's nothing more than a novelty item but who cares,it looks awesome.I watched a video last night of a guy playing with the cabinet and his Rap V.I wasn't sure if it could be used when undocked but you just need a USB to USB-C connector.I already have one for my phone.Looking forward to hearing your opinion on it.

I just bought Retro City Rampage and Tumbleseed there,couldn't help myself.I'm looking at all the games I've already got for a 5 month old console and I reckon my library will surpass my Wii U's by the end of next month.Granted my Wii U library wasn't huge in the end (42 games) as I didn't buy that much VC,only 9 I think,but apart from VC I eventually owned every single retail and indie game that I wanted to play on it,except for 2 retail games (Pikmin 3,Captain Toad) and a handful of indies I never got round to.There were a few regrettable purchases on Wii U too,I've yet to make one on Switch.
If I had waited 2 years to buy a Switch,like I done with Wii U,I doubt I could ever catch up.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

antster1983

@MegaTen A couple more games never to see the light of day outside Japan. Square Enix (and their descendants, Squaresoft and Enix Corporation) never really cared about the west, and since their acquisition of Eidos, they still don't.

Edit: Yes, I know I'm being a little facetious with my comment, but when you see what S-E are bringing to other formats (I could have made that point clearer, I apologise) you begin to wonder if any real relationship between Nintendo and S-E exists anymore outside Japan.

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Tobiaku

@JaxonH Thanks a lot for the answer

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Farmboy74

@antster1983, I wouldn't write off Dragon Quest Builders 2 not coming across to the west just yet, the original on the PS4 made it across and is very enjoyable. I was more mystified that they never brought the original to the Wii U as the game pad would have been perfect for the invatory mangament.

Farmboy74

Grumblevolcano

"When the time is right" definitely sounds like Sony forcing PS4 timed console exclusivity (3DS is a only a handheld so is unaffected). Expect DQXI on Switch around this time next year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

I had a feeling something like that was going on. Notice the sudden lack of Sony calrifying things like "First on PlayStation" even with Crash which is ALSO up in the air.

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Apparently there's no NDA on the Switch version, so I don't know what's going on. It's taking Ubisoft ages to bring their games over. Capcom is still working on porting the RE7 engine. And Square Enix aren't the most competent developers, so my guess would be that they're still working on the Switch version, or they only started recently now the other versions are released.

@BLP_Software Crash is coming to either PC or Xbox for sure. Footage of Crash with the Xbox button layout emerged on YouTube. Plus, we've known about this for a while since it lacks the ''Only on PlayStation'' in the banner. But the Crash trilogy probably wouldn't have happened without Sony, so it's only logical that the game is a timed exclusive on PS4.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Catch is why they don't say that. They've done it for every other game. I'm fairly certain if this lack of disclosure continues there could be some trouble to do with monopolistic abuse. After all Google did that and cleverly didn't mention it so who knows whats going on.

JaxonH

All I know is, Dragon Quest XI is coming to Switch. That's good enough for me. I'll play it when it arrives. Definitely check out the 3DS version but I'm not going to sink my teeth into it until it drops on Switch.

And now Dragon Quest Builders 2? This is perfect! I loved the first one- I'm not a big Minecraft gamer but this is a game that I really like. The first one hit PS4 and Vita, the second is coming to PS4 and Switch. Exactly what I was hoping for.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Or maybe all of them are experiencing the same pressure from Sony. That Sony has noticed the Switch is a real threat and have stepped up their monopolistic abuse to make the PS4 stay on top.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano Sony has been doing that in the UK since the day it came out. Price drop. Bam. Switch gets a major game, PS4 is right there with a better deal. This would not be surprising given Switch has done a fifth of what PS4 has done in Japan already.

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Afraid the Switch is getting games like RE7 and Steep a year late? Yeah... I doubt it. I believe it when I see it. Exclusivity deals like that are very expensive. If Sony was moneyhatting every company, they would be bankrupt in no time. Likely explanation? Third parties were cautious to jump on board from the start, after what happened with the Wii U. And Nintendo clearly doesn't care about third party support, they know they need it, but they are not the company that would go out of its way to pay companies to bring over games.

@BLP_Software That's just competition...

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Of course Nintendo want third parties. They get cash when they sell a game on their system. I honestly think the only reason third parties aren't ready to release yet is purely the fact the damn thing launched in March as opposed to a more conventional time for a home console! My personal theory is the Switch was released earlier than intended and it caught third parties out (after all, Bomberman needed a patch, many indie games missed the launch and the main hook game was in development for 5 years on a previous console. If the Switch released later in the year, then 2K and EA would have had their sports games in the launch window.) Third parties will be gearing up for the busier time of the year so reluctant to release on a new system now (especially as supply constraints are limiting the target market. The longer they wait the bigger their release numbers will be.) Nintendo were losing millions and this gives them a clear monopoly until October to recoup WiiU costs with ports and a untouched blue ocean to sell Mario to. There will be a huge direct sometime before Holiday season and this together with the online in the new year will be like a second launch! (Maybe being cynical.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@GrailUK Almost all games get patched at launch these days, that's hardly evidence

I don't think the Switch itself was rushed. I think it has more to do with the communication between Nintendo and other companies. They were also very selective with their dev kits I've heard.

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Lol, you are so right about patching (don't know if I should be smiling!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic