Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,961 to 15,980 of 69,995

Grumblevolcano

Switch tax strikes again.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoPete

great that Axiom Verge is coming to Switch as retail - never got to play this game. Can't wait - but there are so many good games coming out till Christmas - don't know if I have so much time.

NintendoPete

Monkey_Balls

@DarthNocturnal Ah, so the delay is worldwide; I thought maybe it was a UK/Europe thing. Oh well, it's something to look forward to.

@NEStalgia Discs versus carts, I suppose (same reason for the PS4 version being cheaper?). It'll be interesting to see how it sells though. I thought the Multiverse Edition - isn't it limited? - would be jumped on ASAP (by scalpers or otherwise), but hours later and it's still available. Bit surprised by that.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Grumblevolcano

@Monkey_Balls It might be because Nintendo revived Metroid meanwhile when the digital version came out people were complaining about the last real Metroid game being in the 2000s.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StuTwo

It's a shame it's been delayed. I deliberately held off the Wii U release for the inevitable Switch version and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

The high priest of the evangelical church of Metroidvania (Jeremy Parish) thought very highly of it and gave it a fantastic review when it was originally released.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Monkey_Balls

@Grumblevolcano You make a good point about Metroid being revived. Samus Returns is released in September - possible reason for the AV delay? It's only a month either way but that might be relevant to the sales and marketing folk.

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, more good points. I expect a lot of people already have the digital version. Maybe it'll be a slow burner then; however, I have a feeling it might be quite pricey on eBay in a few years. Especially the Wii U version.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

OorWullie

Aero Fighters 2 and Strikers 1945 are pure arcade bliss.I absolutely love the pair of them.I just wish Strikers had leaderboards,that's my only complaint.Well that and the fact it doesn't show up in your play activity and the display and difficulty settings don't save but those are minor.I've been playing high score mode on AF2 which is unbelievably addictive.I'm currently 16th on the leaderboards which I'm fairly chuffed with,it was a great run.I've been playing Strikers with continues turned off seeing as there's no high score mode and it's hard to put down.It's as much of a "one more shot" game as ever there was one.Playing it in TATE mode with split Joy-con is as good as it gets.The Joy-con short analogue sticks are great for these games.

I'm so tempted to buy that Hori arcade stick now.Or perhaps I will receive one as a 40th birthday present after enough hints.That would be a perfect 40th gift actually.something to relive the glory days when my best days are truly behind me.

I must say I'm appreciating all these arcade titles much more than I would any VC.Only Dreamcast and Gamecube VC could come close.The reason is I've never played the majority of these games before,they're all new to me.I bet the same can be said for the vast majority of others too.So to anyone complaining about all the old titles on Switch,have you actually played them?

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@OorWullie
My Hori RAP V arcade stick should be here Monday. Thinking about getting one of these too. Only $15 on Amazon and comes in red or black.

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

Zyrac wrote:

It moves down the list like everything else, but seems to jump to the front sometimes. I think it happens after turning the Switch fully off? Can't double check right now.

If you play a game or insert a cartridge the game will move to the first position. And I do think you're right, it'll also move to the front if you do a full reset with a cartridge in. It makes sense when you think about it, if you're putting a different cartridge in you usually want to play that game. You don't want to be putting a game in and then have to also hunt through a menu to find it.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@DarthNocturnal Can't you just copy the save files onto a USB?

Anyway, try a different TV I guess. Does it also show up in handheld mode?

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Yeah, there's 3 potential problem areas:

• The Switch itself (will have the same problems in handheld mode)
  • The dock (won't have any problems in handheld mode)
  • The TV (will have problems with other consoles)

Grumblevolcano

Nicolai

@DarthNocturnal I'd be interested to hear if it happens in handheld mode. That should isolate the problem nicely. However, if it's never happened with any other device, its most likely your Switch.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Ralizah

Really enjoying Tumbleseed. AMAZING sound design, great use of the HD rumble (is this what the marble-rolling mini-game in 1, 2, Switch feels like?), and a super unique concept. Also seems like it has a ton of content in it. Great buy at $10.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@DarthNocturnal Don't ask me! I was under the impression that backing up saves was possible on the Wii U (at least I thought), so I assume you can do the same with the Switch.

@Ralizah I wanted to get the game when it was first announced, but they had to say this about the controls: ''We experimented a bunch with motion controls but found they weren’t quite the perfect fit – the game uses dual analog sticks''

Untitled

Octane

Nicolai

@Octane
Untitled
Ah, screw it, I can't figure it out. It was the "Why not both?" Mexican girl meme.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Tobiaku

Finaly got around to get a Switch.
One question, do Japanese eshop take Visa debit cards?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Ralizah

@Octane The dual stick setup actually works really well. I thought about motion controls for it as well, but it would be tiring to play that way, to say the least.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic