Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,941 to 15,960 of 69,981

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Why would they give up on the UK market when the Switch and its games have been selling so well? But it's great to see they are attending these game conferences, especially as we don't have anything like E3 or GamesCom.

Edited on by FragRed

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Frag is right, Nintendo Switch is going to be alright over here...and it feels like over a decade since I said that!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Shellcore

@GrailUK Nintendo needs to work on UK gamers a little I believe. Switch performed well in its opening weekend selling 80,000 units. However, it is still behind the Xboxone (150,000) and the PS4's (250,000) respective opening weekends.

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/776156/Nintendo...

Before someone mentions stock issues...guess what

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ongoing-ps4-shortages-resu...

Edited on by Shellcore

Haruki_NLI

@Shellcore Well we cant change that unless Switch has another opening weekend

Unless you mean lifetime sales at which point yeah. But this is also a region dictated by Sony. If Switch moves Sony responds.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Shellcore

@BLP_Software It was more an indication of the presence Nintendo has in the UK. Their TV advertising has been on point this time, but still not much buzz around the Switch. I am surprised it has done as well as it has here to be honest.

Edit: I feel I need to clarify. My initial response was to grumblevolcanoes post about Nintendo attending a UK event. Something I am all for and which I think is needed. Just used the opening weekend as a statement of UK interest. Nothing else intended.

Edited on by Shellcore

Haruki_NLI

@Shellcore There has been furious TV spots especially at prime time in the evenings.

But remember Sony also did a price cut of the PS4 the day the Switch came out. And if Switch ever gets close to their numbers they can do it again. They are the lifeblood of the retail gaming scene here.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Shellcore

@BLP_Software Yes. I agree that Nintendo have done better with their UK TV Marketing this time around. I would like to see Nintendo command more retail space at GAME etc...competition is good etc...

GrailUK

@Shellcore But it's not like the Switch is in an irrelevant spot like the Wii U was. Like I said, the Switch has potential even in the UK. They have the right demographic and have some decent momentum with games. I am sure if the Switch had 250,000 units available it might have been closer It's still sold out in most places.

Kylo_Ren

It definitely has more attention than the Wii U, many people I know who never got a Wii U are considering getting a switch.

I don't think there is much course for concern here, I think with time (especially with Mario odyssey on it's way) it will do well here.

Kylo_Ren

Shellcore

@GrailUK I agree with you. Guess you missed my PS4 stock shortage link. The stock argument is void as that has plagued both consoles, so we could triple the number of potential PS4s sold that weekend also to 750k I guess.

GrailUK

@Shellcore Well PS4 gets another sale this Christmas after a price cut

OorWullie

See when you have a game card in your Switch,is it always the first game on the home screen?It's just I'm thinking I'll buy FIFA physically as it will likely be 20gb+ and just keep it in there all the time.I don't want it always being the first game I see when I turn my Switch on though.If it will move down the list as I play other games then great,if not I'll just stick with digital only.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Zyrac

@OorWullie It moves down the list like everything else, but seems to jump to the front sometimes. I think it happens after turning the Switch fully off? Can't double check right now.

Zyrac

Twitter:

OorWullie

@Zyrac Nice one cheers.Physically it is then.

I noticed earlier that Strikers 1945 doesn't show up in your play activity or even that your playing it.I also noticed on my profile when I'm playing certain games it has some extra info underneath the tile.Puyo Puyo Tetris has your Puzzle League rank and worldwide rank and Namco Museum has what specific game your playing.I wonder why only certain games have that info?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NEStalgia

@BLP_Software Much as I hate Sony's monopoly status, I'm still kind of grateful to them for actually securing retail software as a dominant force. Without Sony there's a fair chance we'd all be digital only by now. We actually do owe them quite a bit.

NEStalgia

Monkey_Balls

Amazon UK have opened pre-orders for Axiom Verge. Release date: 20th October, 2017 (I thought it was due in August?).

Standard Edition: £24.99
Multiverse Edition: £34.99

(By the way, for those with other consoles/less funds, it's £10 cheaper on PS4 and Wii U.)

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

BigBadJohn

Was in my local GAME the other day. The only Switch stock they had was a pre owned grey one. They'd bundled it with Mario Kart and Zelda for £352.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic