Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,901 to 15,920 of 69,964

Ryu_Niiyama

@Nicolai A peach ball...just like the name implies. You would need more than one pinball for anything else.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

The Wii U is dead.

Long live the Wii U!

So anyway, because this will never not be amusing to me, let's officially add that STREET FIGHTER 2 SOLD FOR 40 BUCKS IN 2017 to my list of Switch games that outsold the Wii U versions of major western AAA games. Along with 1 2 Switch, a mediocre Bomberman and presumably (if not now then later) Puyo Tetris. Probably Snipper Clips, Snake Pass and Shovel Knight in the long term too.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

blaisedinsd wrote:

Whats the general opinion on leaving your Switch in the car?

Worried a hot day might damage the battery or something. Is there any official temperature guidelines? Could this void your warranty?

I've done it but I have a case for mine and I put it on the floor under a seat. Even still I wouldn't leave it there longer then an hour or so.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

StuTwo

blaisedinsd wrote:

Whats the general opinion on leaving your Switch in the car?

Worried a hot day might damage the battery or something. Is there any official temperature guidelines? Could this void your warranty?

We don't have this problem in the UK. The biggest threat when leaving your Switch in the car on a summers day here is water damage if you've left the sun roof open.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Shellcore

@StuTwo I think the biggest problem is our insurance being void when it inevitably gets nicked.

skywake

My Switch rarely leaves the house and if it does I intend to be using it wherever I'm going. I don't think I've ever left a portable console in the car

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ralizah

Nice. I was just thinking about getting back into chess.

Nights of Azure 2 looks great. It's too bad they're launching it so close to Mario Odyssey. It's going to get buried, just like Splatoon 2 buried Fate/Extella.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano ARMS sold very well at launch, and had plenty of time to gain traction. Fate/Extella and soon Nights of Azure 2 aren't getting that opportunity because idiotic third parties are competing with highly-anticipated first party Nintendo titles for sales. It's almost like they want the games to tank.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Arcamenel

I've left mine in the car on a hot day but it was in a case, case in a bag, and the bag under a seat. I haven't had any issues so far at least.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

NEStalgia

@StuTwo LOL. @blaisedinsd If you're not where StuTwo is, I'd recommend against leaving anything electronic of any kind in a car, ever. Not unless it's rated for it (automotive-grade electronics.) Most normal things are not. Also, no aerosols saw a pic a while back of a hairsparay can planted through the windshield....they blow like a rocket in those 150F+ temps!

If you MUST leave it in a car, leave it in the trunk (that's the boot, to StuTwo), where it's not letting sunlight in like a solar oven.

NEStalgia

GrailUK

Gunbarich and Strikers 1945 just released in Japan!!! Please let there be a tate mode...and please release outside of Japan...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

antster1983

Looks like Australia already has GUNBARICH. Europe is getting GUNBARICH tomorrow and North America is getting STRIKERS1945 tomorrow.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-soft...

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/zh4rXAWJHfvqCLARdocNGccG...

It looks like GUNBARICH supports portrait and landscape modes, so I guess it has TATE support, looking at this video...

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

OorWullie

Aero Fighters 2 and Strikers 1945 tomorrow and Sine Mora next week. Superb! Please let Strikers 1945 have TATE mode. I've been absolutely loving playing Galaga/Galaga 88 and Pacman vertically. I've never heard of Gunbarich before but I want it. Hopefully it'll be added to the NA Eshop too as I've already added funds to there. If it is I'll skip Retro City Rampage for now.

One of my biggest wishes for Switch before it released was for it to have classic arcade games and so far it's delivering big time. By this time tomorrow I'll have 9 Neo Geo games, Namco Museum and Strikers 1945. With loads more Neo Geo games hopefully still on the way,maybe Hamsters other Arcade Archive releases and more Namco Museums too, plus one off releases like Strikers 1945, I am absolutely thrilled. All I need now is a Sega Classic Arcade Collection Volume 1 to 5.If something like that is announced I will probably cry.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GrailUK

@antster1983 You say all the right things Ant

Edit: Tate confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Switch is the best thing ever!)

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Digital version of NBA 2K18 for Switch still on track for launch, physical version pushed to the fall

NBA 2K18 has been delayed on Switch… sort of.

The main launch of the sports title is taking place on September 19. While NBA 2K18 will still be coming to Switch on that day digitally, the physical version will not. NBA 2K18 will hit store shelves on Nintendo’s console sometime this fall.

2K and parent company Take-Two Interactive have not provided a reason for the delay.

http://nintendoeverything.com/digital-version-of-nba-2k18-for...

I can guess why the physical version has been delayed. Similar to NBA Playgrounds, I bet it'll initially be released in a half baked state and they want to wait until it's in a somewhat acceptable condition before printing it on cartridge. The cartridge will always stay the same whereas they can chop and change the digital version as much as they like. It's not fact, just speculation on my part. Maybe there's a cartridge shortage.

Edit: Had a look at the file size for NBA 2K17 on PS4 and PC. It was roughly 48 and 50 GB respectively. Sure the Switch version won't be as big as that, but maybe they're looking at compressing the code. The biggest Switch cartridge is 32GB and they're likely costly too.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic