Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,821 to 15,826 of 15,826

Spoony_Tech

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think the big holiday 2018 game will be 2D Mario. If you think about the past, 2014 is the only year in the past decade that didn't have a Mario platformer and given we already have 3D Mario coming to Switch in the form of Odyssey that leaves 2D for next year. Whether it takes the form of a Super Mario Maker port/sequel or a fully featured 2D Mario adventure, I'm not sure.

I can see Nintendo doing this without a doubt. 2d Mario's are cheap and quick and make money.

I still say Luigis Mansion and Pikmin 4 are on the cards for the next year and a half. Neither are system sellers or holiday games but both can fill huge needs.

Oh and can we please get a KI Uprising 2!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Octane Neither do I but with things like this he's usually a lot more careful with what he says.He's just basically said there that it's coming next year.It might still end up falling into 2019 but I really doubt he would be talking like that about a game that had only just begun development.

Edited on by OorWullie

OorWullie

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech I agree about Pikmin 4 given it has been confirmed in the past that Pikmin 4 is not Hey! Pikmin, I think Pikmin 4 will be a summer game. Not sure about Luigi's Mansion but it would be cool to have especially if it was more like the GC game than 3DS.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

NLG doesn't have a lot of experience with HD development, but by the end of next year more than 3 years will have passed since Federation Force's release. That might be enough time to put out a new Luigi's Mansion. Were they involved with the arcade game in any capacity? If they were, there has to be something from that they can reuse.

MarcelRguez

Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Just thought I'd share a handy little thing I discovered for anyone who didn't already know...

I had an issue with my Switch yesterday (a black screen, only things I could access were a couple of partially responsive menus) - couldn't access the home screen, couldn't shut down via the Power menu...I checked Nintendo's online Troubleshooting page and discovered that you can force a power down by holding the on/off button down for 12 seconds...doing so allowed me to reboot the console and resolve the issue

I wasn't aware that you could hard reboot the console in this way - hopefully I won't have to use it too often, but it's useful to know nonetheless

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

My Games Collection

Switch: SW-0427-7196-3801
MyNintendo: NaviAndMii ➝ Nickname: TomCat★

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic