Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,821 to 15,840 of 69,981

FragRed

@gcunit Overcooked on Switch comes with all the DLC bundled with it whereas that version on the PS4 is just the base game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Eric258

@OorWullie Thanks for the advise. I did what you said and it seems to be working fine now. Hopefully it will stay that way XD. Again thanks a bunch!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

gcunit

@FragRed Did not know that, and worth knowing, so thank you

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@SLIGEACH_EIRE No surprise there. I doubt the game would even run on the Switch (without some massive downgrades, at least).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

OorWullie

I can't stop myself from buying more Switch games .Just 4 days ago I said I wasn't going to buy Namco Museum as there's not enough nostalgia there for me, not for $30 anyway. After downloading the free Pacman Vs demo and seeing how nicely it's all presented I couldn't resist buying it. I'm.about to start playing it now. Just 2 weeks ago I said I was going to hang off on buying BOTW again until the end of the year. Yet I bought it on Monday with the DLC and already pumped 10.hours into it. Retro City Rampage is due next week, I didn't particularly enjoy it on Wii but I've already added the funds for that and Aero Fighters 2 and some extra in case of a surprise.

21 games I've got so far and I've only had it for 3 weeks,that's crazy .At least for me it is anyway..Plus 500 gold points amassed in my new US account. In the 35 years I've been gaming 've never owned this many games for any console after 6 months,let alone 3 weeks.

I honestly don't think I've ever been so instantly attached to a console as I am the Switch right now. I adore the thing.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

Street Fighter V issue was that you couldn't even play against the CPU aside from training mode. Story mode? Not even. The fact it even lacked a basic arcade mode or versus CPU mode was the issue.

Meanwhile, that's all I do in Arms- play the CPU and play the arcade mode Grand Prix. And that's exactly why I was so pissed off with SFV- you couldn't do any of that.

@OorWullie
I honestly don't think I've ever been so instantly attached to a console as I am the Switch right now. I adore the thing

That's exactly how it is. Every person who's like "umm, I'ma wait... I'll get one when this game releases or at this time", when they finally get one they're like "dude I love this thing! Why didn't I get one sooner!"

It's instantly charming.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DarkRula

If I look at other consoles I've had, and compare it to the Switch [or at least the ones I can easily remember].
Switch was a launch day purchase. BotW on that day. Then FAST RMX, then Snipperclips a week after. MK8D, ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Infinite Minigolf. The 3DS was also launch, but with three games within the first five months.
The WiiU was Christmas of 2013, with LEGO City Undercover. Along with that was Sonic Lost World and Super Mario 3D World. The other three was picking up older releases. Xbox One in October of 2015 with Forza Motorsport 6. Aside from GTAV in January, there wasn't anything else [though to be fair, with a combo of XBL Gold and EA Access, I was set]. PSVita was launch with just three games.

The Switch has certainly made an impact on me, judging by that. And there's more coming soon that I'll be buying without regret.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking, we don't have much info for release dates after August so there kind of has to be a Direct in August.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

First or second week. I really hope it'd be within the first two weeks.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano There has been a Direct per month minimum.

But aside from Sonic and Mario....and Redout...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

Release dates are press release material. I prefer 2 or 3 big Directs in a year over one every month.

Octane

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano @Octane I feel doing a Direct during August with new trailers to games coming out for the Switch, and possibly 3DS, would help keep the spotlight on Nintendo when there is soon to be an onslaught of games coming to competitor systems, especially if Nintendo announce the dates of releases for various big releases currently unknown. Plus the odd one or two new exclusive indie game announcement being slipped in may not be a bad idea.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

@MegaTen is that Switch only? Well now i said that probably

Haruki_NLI

@MegaTen Well its like it could be. And its logical unless they did it post release for the other versions.

But then again, this is a Nintendo Console.

Octane

@BLP_Software @MegaTen The other systems got the special edition back in May when the game came out.

Untitled

It was cheaper too...#switchtax

Octane

OorWullie

There hasn't been an August Direct since 2014.Early September seems to be a good bet though. Reggie said there are still unannounced titles for this year, probably just smaller Eshop games. So confirmed dates and new trailers for Xenoblade 2,Fire Emblem Heroes and Skyrim,more info and a new trailer for Odyssey,more details about the online service,the reveal of a couple of smaller Eshop titles and perhaps an early 2018 game. That's more than enough to make a good Direct.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Ryu_Niiyama

@OorWullie I'm not pulling your numbers but I'm having the same issue. I started figuring the hit to my budget and I'm going to have to take a year off from gaming next year (because I can't bear to cancel any preorders) so I can focus on conferences (many that cost several thousands to go to excluding lodging and travel fare) next year.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Luna_110

I would expect a Direct in August, since we don't have release dates for games in September, November and December, and I do think retailers would like some time to open up preorders.

We only have info for October, and that's Odyssey.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

Dude, August is the month of all months!

Monster Hunter XX August 25th
Mario Kingdom Battle August 29th

Whatever else is dropping in August is off my radar. These 2 games alone are all I care about.

But an August/September Direct could bring more info about Mario Kingdom Battle before it drops, and Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, a Skyrim release date, Rocket League release date, Pokken Tournament, and if we're really lucky, an announcement that they'll be publishing MHXX in the west (do or don't, I'm importing day one- if it gets localized I'll buy it again, transfer my save to my modded 3DS and convert to NA region).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic