Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,041 to 15,060 of 69,981

Octane

@rallydefault It's alright I think, but TP gets a lot better after the first few hours. However now you mention it, I always prefer the first few hours of a Pokemon game over the rest.

Octane

gcunit

@rallydefault I'm happy playing through tutorial sections, but half of HZD's first hour is cut scenes, watching talking dolls.

Anywho, the Switch.... still wicked. Want to get Splatoon next, but need another voucher like I found for ARMS.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TuVictus

rallydefault wrote:

I'm very weird; I greatly enjoy the starting/tutorial areas of most games, even those that last an hour or a even a few. There's just something wicked fun about building up to the adventure to come and "learning the ropes" before you're set loose.

To this day, the Kokiri Forest and Deku Tree are some of my favorite parts of Ocarina, and sometimes I'll go back and start new files to play JUST that section. I've finished the game probably a dozen times or so, but I'll still do this.

(I'm hopelessly addicted to this in WoW - I'm that guy who creates new characters all the time, levels up through the starting zone, and then abandons the character.) I just love those beginning experiences, even stuff like Twlight Princess (herding and all).

I completely agree! It really sets the tone and atmosphere for the rest of the game for me, and gives me a chance to just enjoy the crafted world instead of jumping straight to the action where I may take it for granted.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Legit question. Was anyone on this site asking for it? Was ANYONE but that guy?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

He's just bringing Switch news, regardless of what it says. But no, I don't think many people were hoping for a Witness port.

TuVictus

Ralizah

Not surprised.

Anyone watch his recent livestream of BotW?

...it's bad.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SKTTR

Here's the Switch eShop EU release list for July:

2017.07.20 ??,??€ [CART] Cave Story+ (Nicalis / Pikii)
2017.07.20 ??,??€ [CART] Redout (Nicalis / 34BigThings)
2017.07.?? 44,99€ [CART] RiME (U&I Entertainment / Tantalus / Tequila Works / Greybox / Sixfoot)
2017.07.?? ??,??€ [CART] Stardew Valley (Chucklefish / Concerned Ape)
2017.07.?? ??,??€ [DL] Abraca: Imagic Games - Switch Edition (Ankama)
2017.07.?? 7,99€ [DL] Bulb Boy (Bulbware)
2017.07.?? ??,??€ [DL] Constructor HD (System 3)
2017.07.?? ??,??€ [DL] Cube Life: Island Survival HD (Cypronia)
2017.07.?? 4,99€ [DL] Physical Contact: SPEED (Collavier)
2017.07.?? ??,??€ [DL] Pocket Rumble (Chucklefish / Cardboard Robot Games)
2017.07.?? ??,??€ [DL] Shakedown Hawaii (Vblank Entertainment)
2017.07.?? ??,??€ [DL] Spelunker World (Square Enix / Tozai Games)

2017.10.31 ??,??€ [CART] Monopoly (Ubisoft / Engine Software)
2017.07.31 29,99€ [CART] Sine Mora EX (THQ Nordic / Grasshopper Manufacture / Digital Reality)

2017.07.21 ??,??€ [CART] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo)
2017.07.21 54,99€ [CART] Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (Marvelous Europe / TYPE-MOON)

2017.07.14 39,99€ [CART] The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis / Edmund McMillen / Headup Games)

2017.07.13 9,99€ [DL] Death Squared (SMG Studio)
2017.07.13 9,99€ [DL] Rocket Fist (Bitten Toast Games)

2071.07.06 12,00€ [DL] IMPLOSION: Never Lose Hope (Flyhigh Works / Rayark / ESQUADRA)
2017.07.06 9,99€ [DL] I and Me (Ratalaika Games / Wish Fang / indienova)
2017.07.06 9,99€ [DL] Vaccine (Rainy Frog / Ratalaika Games / Rainy Night Creations)
2017.07.06 10,99€ [DL] De Mambo (DangerousKitchen / Chorus Worldwide)
2017.07.06 4,99€ [DL] Shephy (ARC SYSTEM WORKS / Pawn / Adventure Planning Service)
2017.07.06 6,99€ [ACA/NG] Metal Slug 2 (HAMSTER / SNK)

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JoeDiddley

Does anyone know if this run of Cave Story has the cd & booklet - or just limited copies?

I've ordered presuming they'll be included, but then realised that might be an assumption. I've contacted Amazon as it's not dispatched yet, but not sure if I'll get an answer in time. The product listing doesn't say either way.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Octane

@BLP_Software It's one of the best puzzle games of all time, so I'd love to see it be available to as many people as possible.

Octane

NaviAndMii

@SKTTR Looks like we have a pretty decent month ahead of us! Splatoon 2 will probably receive a large chunk of the attention this month...but I'm keeping an eye on RedOut, Stardew Valley and Death Squared myself - look like really interesting games

I decided to hold off getting Fast RMX until I saw what RedOut was like - I'll more than likely pick up one or the other depending on the overall impressions I get from around the web ..Stardew Valley looks like the Harvest Moon game I always wanted - hopefully it's a good port and co-op is everything I hope it will be! ..and Death Squared looks like a fun little, pick-up-and-play, share-the-Joy(-Con) type-game - and so cheap it almost feels rude not to give it a go!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR I think the only game I'll get from that list is Splatoon 2. Redout looks interesting but I can see my Switch activity this month being mostly BotW with MK8 Deluxe, ARMS and Splatoon 2 providing the multiplayer fun alongside it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nicolai

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I kinda knew this deep down during the Wii U era: People were going on about how 3rd parties weren't drawn to it because it was underpowered, unpopular, hard to work with and looks like a toy. Of course, the Switch is no powerhouse, but it's fixed everything else wrong with the Wii U and is booming in popularity, and 3rd party developers still won't touch it until it somehow sells exactly as many consoles as its competitors. Well, the Switch got this far without their help. Maybe it can happen.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

skywake

@Nicolai
To be fair decisions about which platforms big AAA games will appear on are made well in advance of release. These third parties would have been deciding whether or not Switch would be on their radar when it was still called "NX". If decent sales can change their tone on Switch it'll be something we'll see in 2018's releases not 2017. Except indies, if Switch has won them over we'll start to see them pile on this year.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Nicolai

@skywake I had that excuse for other 3rd parties, but isn't CoD one of those annual series? They probably started development 6 months ago.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

skywake

@Nicolai
On the chance that you're actually serious, I really hope you're not. Annual franchises may come out every year but they are not developed in a year. The games are developed in parallel with different teams and sometimes different companies entirely.

It's like how Nintendo can release a big AAA game about every year. Them doing that doesn't mean that development on Odyssey started when BotW came out and they'll start work on Metroid Prime 4 when Odyssey is done. They're obviously being developed by different groups. But those different teams don't have to be working on different franchises. Nintendo could choose to release a new Zelda every year if they wanted.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic