Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,041 to 15,060 of 45,878

SLIGEACH_EIRE

There's a Japanese Dragon Quest XI Direct on June 21st at 8PM local time and it will be 14 minutes long.

That's 12PM in Ireland and the UK.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

-Green-

^That's likely to get some people very upset, tbh.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Knuckles-Fajita

Do I have to explain this? Stuff that flies over there doesn't fly over here.

Does it suck? Yes. But its also for the age ratings, sales, and unfortunately, a 13 year old in a bikini isn't exactly legal.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

I hope Metroid Prime Trilogy comes to switch to ease the the wait for 4(Let's face it game probably isn't coming out before Q4 2019)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MarcelRguez

Let's not get into the whole "localization = censorship", please. Their games, their rules.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

An HD re-release of Trilogy would be the perfect stopgap and a way of catching up. Kinda like MCC (if we can avoid all the bugs). I wonder if they'd include a remaster of Hunters for an online component.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

KirbyTheVampire

I'd be down for playing the trilogy, since I've never played a Metroid.

KirbyTheVampire

MarcelRguez

Honestly speaking, they could remaster them, but I don't think it's necessary. Even Prime 1 has aged extremely well in the visual department. The real issue with Prime on Switch is the control scheme. I don't think the gyro can replicate the precision of IR aiming.

@KirbyTheVampire Super Metroid for 3DS is on sale with MyNintendo until tomorrow. It's CA$5.64. Do yourself a favor and get it.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Grumblevolcano

@MarcelRguez Split Joy-cons motion control is much more reliable than Wii motion controls for sure. Then add in standard controls for those who hate motion controls.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@Grumblevolcano Motion controls, yes. That has nothing to do with gyro vs IR, though. And even if they do that, you still have the issue of Corruption not including standard controls. It's extra work.

MarcelRguez

StArHaMa

Has anyone here bought arms

Bring in the love

MarcelRguez

@BOBTHING I've only played a few hours so far, but...

Well, it depends on how dedicated of a player you are. The game is spars in the single-player front. As far as I can tell, there's arcade mode, the "1 vs 100" mode and the minigame you play to get new arms. The gameplay itself is very good, don't get me wrong, but, if you're not interested in playing against other people, I'd wait and see if they flesh out the content a bit more.

MarcelRguez

KirbyTheVampire

@MarcelRguez I don't own a 3DS, unfortunately. I don't see myself getting one anytime soon either, considering I bought a PS4 and a Switch within a few months of each other.

KirbyTheVampire

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano MK8 on the X1 dash. Joycons showed at the XBox conference. Atari back in the hardware business. I'm starting to feel like Nintendo SwitchBoxX will succeed where Nintendo Play Station failed

@BLP_Software 13 year olds in bikinis isn't illegal even in the US. They sell bikinis for CHILDREN. Sick...but it's real. Maybe the UK is still more prudish than we are...that would be the day!

@OORWullie What the neck kind of console is Atari making? Just a retro remake console or are they aiming to take on Playstation directly?? Though....dat woodgrain! I need this. I missed woodgrain and earthtones! Maybe I can finally get rid of that legit 2600 decaying with mildew and water rot in my basement that I just can't part with

@-Green- Not sure why, but I know you're right. I mean, yeah, it's best of the artists original ideas get through but....Nintendo's a worldwide company with a worldwide audience and if ANY region (whether it's the US, UK, or United Arab Emirates) has special cultural concerns that they need the game to conform to, business-wise the cheapest solution is to just make the whole thing meet the lowest standard from the start. I'm kind of amazed they didn't do it that way before....it would have solved a lot of headache for them. Anyone that thinks Sony doesn't already do that isn't paying attention. They had their own fallout from not localizing uniformly with the original Little Big Planet with the Tormani Diabate song that outraged the middle east because it contained Koran versus sung in music which apparently is acceptable in North Africa and not acceptable in the Middle East, and they stripped it from the game and DELAYED the game worldwide just to strip it out. I'm sure after that little lesson, they pre-censor everything with Japan as well.

NEStalgia

WebHead

@NEStalgia The Atari thing is probably something like Ouya. An android microconsole with custom atari-themed ui and atari games preinstalled.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

NEStalgia

@WebHead I can't imagine that being amazingly successful if so. When I first heard Atari was doing hardware I pictured them reinventing themselves and coming out with a high power box to take on the status quo.....but your guess is probably more accurate, even if it's going to be as successful as....well....an Atari....

NEStalgia

skywake

MarcelRguez wrote:

Honestly speaking, they could remaster them, but I don't think it's necessary. Even Prime 1 has aged extremely well in the visual department. The real issue with Prime on Switch is the control scheme. I don't think the gyro can replicate the precision of IR aiming.

I don't think that precision is the issue because gyros can be just as accurate. The issue is that such a control scheme would seriously limit the way the game could be played. The controls for Metroid Prime 3 as they were on the Wii would not work in portable mode.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic