Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,641 to 14,660 of 69,962

Therad

And that quote is a year old by now. It was "close to completion" at e3 2015. If they indeed were close to completion at that time, it should have surfaced by now. But we haven't seen any footage, no teasers, nothing. Except gor the 3ds entry.

Therad

TuVictus

It's weird to imagine there's potentially a whole new complete pikmin game sitting on someone's computer over in Japan.

TuVictus

Octane

@zitpig True, it was just some background info. I think it's pretty clear from that quote alone that Pikmin is indeed a separate project. It's just not on their list of priorities. I reckon we'll see it next year though.

Octane

Faruko

Yoshi looks awesome

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

rallydefault

erv wrote:

@rallydefault yes, you're the only one. The doctors gave up on you. There's no saving you if you don't like the awesomeness that is pikmin .

Lol dang - oh well. Yea, I just never really got into it. It kind of frustrates me, actually. I think it comes from my general hatred of timed levels in games. Enter Pikmin: a game where you are ALWAYS timed - my worst nightmare - lol And also, I'm not a big strategy person. I know Pikmin isn't exactly Age of Empires, but if you want to be good at it, you need to have a strategy to optimize your time/route and manage your Pikmin numbers/types/etc.

It's pretty much an unholy combination of stuff in games that I don't find fun. I'd rather hop around platforms; I'm a simple gamer lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

TuVictus

I'm very surprised we haven't seen it. I hope they show it off in a direct relatively soon. I'm so pumped. Though I hope they manage to keep in the motion controls if they can.

TuVictus

skywake

With Pikmin 4 it makes sense why it has taken so long. It likely started as a Wii U game, was shelved when they shifted focus to Switch and is now being ported to Switch. Think about what games they moved to when Switch became a thing. It meant extra hands on Mario Kart, Zelda and Splatoon that would have otherwise been working on new releases for Wii U. For some projects that would have had no effect, for others it would have.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

KirbyTheVampire

When do you guys expect we'll see Animal Crossing? Splatoon 2 looks like more of a full-fledged sequel than I originally thought, but they probably did reuse a lot of assets from Splatoon 1. I'm just not well-versed enough in game development or the Splatoon/AC dev team to know if a 2018 release is feasible. I would think they would release it ASAP, since Animal Crossing is a game you'd want to release early, what with the seasons changing and the holidays and such.

I honestly thought we would see it at E3, but with its absence I wonder how soon we actually will get it.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

MarcelRguez

@KirbyTheVampire Given that Amiibo Festival used tons of HD assets, we'll probably see it sooner than later. I'd say a 2018 release is more than feasible, and I would be surprised if it isn't one of Nintendo's top-priority projects for the year alongside Fire Emblem. It's 2013 all over again.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

@MarcelRguez Ahh right, forgot about that game. (Didn't own a Wii U). I suppose it would be pretty easy to make one, then.

KirbyTheVampire

veeflames

Is this evidence that @rjejr has been working at Nintendo all this time?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Spoony_Tech

@Vee_Flames You mean Nitendo right?? Lol

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

Although it might be cumbersome, if this allows for cross game chat, kudos to them. Though I hope at some point they can figure out how to get it into the Switch itself.

TuVictus

iKhan

Here's all I need them to do. They need to allow game audio to be streamed to a smart device, such that we can chat and listen to game audio over headphones simultaneously.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

skywake

iKhan wrote:

Here's all I need them to do. They need to allow game audio to be streamed to a smart device, such that we can chat and listen to game audio over headphones simultaneously.

Maybe if the app links to the Switch via Bluetooth. But I doubt that's how it'll work given the Splatoon headset with two cables and a built-in mixer that has already been shown.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic