Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,601 to 14,620 of 69,989

rallydefault

@zitpig
Dude, I mean... with all due respect... you're saying some really unreasonable stuff. Nintendo is putting out Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Kirby, Yoshi (and kinda-sorta Xenoblade: not really, though, I guess) all in the next 8ish months (not counting BotW and Mario Kart Deluxe just 2-3 months ago) and you're hoping they can "turn it around"??

rallydefault

TuVictus

Tbh I'm very optimistic about their game output. I'm guessing these are the results of slowed down Wii U development over the past year because the rest of the year is jam packed. I hope they can continue this into 2018 (Hopefully with Pikmin and Animal Crossing next time!!)

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

Quick thoughts on Nintendo's E3 so far:

This is the best they've done since 2014. Hands down. Not so much in terms of new announcements (I don't think, at least), but in terms of variety and overall quality. Didn't expect that Kirby game considering we're getting one on the 3DS this year, but it looks very very good. Yoshi is a bit of a toss-up, but it looks like it's being developed in-house to me. Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be good.

Other than that, what was already announced looks better than ever. Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors left me a bit cold but I'm expecting Treehouse to redeem them (haven't watched yet). Every time devs show Mario & Rabbids it looks better than the last time, but Mario Odyssey stole the show for me. That trailer was just insanely innovative, I don't think I've ever been this pumped for a Mario game ever.

About Metroid Prime 4: Tanabe is on board, of course, but Retro isn't. I'm just glad it exists, to be honest, new team or not. Kind of beginning to worry a bit about Retro's game being MIA this long, but we'll see. Also, I don't think they've just started development on MP4 (I'd expect them to say it if that were the case), and I'm assuming they announced it the way they did just to prevent any kind of backlash against Samus Returns. Mercury Steam wouldn't be my go-to third-party dev for a new 2D Metroid, not even close, but I won't judge it until it's out. Not too worried about a remake anyway, but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Speaking of that title: boy, did they make us fans look like idiots with the whole AM2R thing

Overall, this was an insane ride, and I can't remember the last time I was so optimistic for Nintendo's future. The only two negative points I can think of: a worrying lack of third-party announcements and no Double Cross localization. Don't make me buy Monster Hunter World, Capcom.

@Yellowtails Yeah, I was pretty glad to hear I was wrong on that one! I'm hoping it's not an upscaled Sun and Moon, but something completely new. We probably shouldn't expect that, but it feels like there's enough Alola games already.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@DarthNocturnal Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and Kirby's Blowout Blast are, but there was an unnamed multiplayer Kirby confirmed for 3DS during the April Direct as well.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

@DarthNocturnal @IceClimbers ...which totally sounds like this game, in concept. Although they described that game as a "fighting game", if memory serves. Probably in the broadest sense of the word "fighting", though.

MarcelRguez

Nin10dad

I think it will be a brand new entry, possibly even 2 games as per the Pokémon formula. I think that Nintendo plans to keep the DS family active through next year and then it will just be Switch, at which point game development will be much more focused and keep the steady flow going, including Pokémon which will have its new home on the Switch.
Also, I can see the Switch getting Wii-esque sales now, Pokémon will shift 10's of million units

@Yellowtails

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Nin10dad

If Switch becomes the new platform for Pokémon, can you honestly see them doing that? The whole premise of the series is sharing with friends to complete the game.
I think they have to have something like that to really make people see that this is why they need a Switch

@DarthNocturnal

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

MarcelRguez

@G0dlike For as long as they can still sell the same game twice to a good chunk of people, it will never happen. Making two different versions of the game just makes way too much sense, business-wise.

MarcelRguez

Nin10dad

@DarthNocturnal

Whilst I like your ideological philosophy, unfortunately this guy nails it.

MarcelRguez wrote:

@G0dlike For as long as they can still sell the same game twice to a good chunk of people, it will never happen. Making two different versions of the game just makes way too much sense, business-wise.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

GrailUK

It's really nice to be told what Nintendo are doing (Metroid 4 and Pokémon).

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Nin10dad

People always slam Sony for showing games that are still in the early stages of development. Personally, as long as there is enough imminent content to balance it out, I'm all for it.
@GrailUK

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

GrailUK

@G0dlike Me too. It eliminates the "they are making it up as they go along" conspiracies.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Sneaky_Beagle

I'm beyond thrilled to be a Switch owner right now. This is one of the best Nintendo E3s that I can recall. I bought the system solely for Splatoon 2 and never expected so much goodness to be announced so early.

The Metroid revival is obviously the most earth-shattering part, but man, is Yoshi Switch a visual marvel or what? I can't wait to experience the final product.

Sneaky_Beagle

Spoony_Tech

I know all these games Don't appeal to everyone and some here may only want one or 2 upcoming games but by years end I plan on owning or already own Zelda, Kart 8, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids, NBA 2K, FIFA, Odyssey, Skyrim, and Xenoblade 2. I may even get a few others plus whatever Indies come out like Steamworld Dig 2. There's no shortage of games for me here and what a wonderful first year.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Faruko

I still havent bought the system and im already excited for what its coming !!!!

By september (when i buy it), ill have to play Zelda BotW, MK8Deluxe, Mario + Rabbids, FIFA18, Splatoon 2, ARMS, and some downloable games i could end up buying again.

Im so excited, ill probably buy MK8, Zelda, Splatoon 2 and ARMS if it has a good online, otherwise Mario + Rabbids

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Therad

zitpig wrote:

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

I'm shocked that some people weren't impressed by this E3. Expectations must have been sky high for those people if they expected more. I expected way less, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

What did Nintendo themselves really show that they are doing for the Switch? Mario Oddyssee. A new (lovely looking) Yoshi game. A new 3DS Metroid remake. That's it. Everything else was either mentioned (and not shown) and next year and/or being made by other companies.

Nintendo showed nothing for this year other than Mario (which we all know about). I really did hope for something from Nintendo after Mario for this holiday. That's not much to ask tbh and certainly not sky-high expectations.

A simple mention aboout Pikmin 4 would have helped, especially since Miyamoto stated that it was almost done at the last E3 (or was it the one before?). Pikmin, Animal Crossing or something completely new would have made it for me. I didn't expect much, but I did hope for more, and unfortunately Nintendo really didn't give much.

Regarding pikmin, it is coming this year. It is called "hey pikmin" and is on 3ds. I think it is time to realise the truth, Miyamoto was talking about hey pikmin.

Therad

StuTwo

I think this year looks very strong now that we know XC2 is coming and that Mario+Rabbids is actually 'Mario+X-Com' (& therefore fantastic).

E3 is important for giving an idea of where a console is going though which is why I'm happy they gave us a hint of 2018 by telling us 'it's Metroid & Pokemon with a side of Yoshi and Kirby'. Even though we didn't see footage of those big two anchor games knowing that they're confirmed sets the tone for the console.

A couple more points:

• Is the massive rehash of assets in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon GameFreak basically buying themselves an extra year to work on the Switch game?
  • There are still some big Nintendo teams MIA. The NSMB/SMM team hasn't done anything since the 3DS port launched.
  • No ports were announced. There are definitely more on the way in 2018 but they'll probably be announced in directs.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Octane

@Therad That doesn't really make sense though. Miyamoto was talking about Pikmin 4, and it's being developed by the Pikmin team. Hey! Pikmin is made by Arzest. Miyamoto also said last year that Pikmin 4 was currently a low priority project for Nintendo, suggesting it's still in development, but not a priority to finish right now.

Octane

Therad

Octane wrote:

@Therad That doesn't really make sense though. Miyamoto was talking about Pikmin 4, and it's being developed by the Pikmin team. Hey! Pikmin is made by Arzest. Miyamoto also said last year that Pikmin 4 was currently a low priority project for Nintendo, suggesting it's still in development, but not a priority to finish right now.

I don't think they have a dedicated pikmin team... this seems to be a perfect series to give to another team.

And if they can show Kirby and Metroid prime, why couldn't they show off Pikmin 4, a title that has been nearly finished for 2 years? It doesn't make sense, unless there is no other pikmin than hey pikmin.

Therad

MarcelRguez

About the "dev teams" talk, can we really still use that for speculation after the whole restructuring process? By their own words, the main reason behind the merge was to increase internal mobility between teams, so all those EAD teams might not exist as such anymore.

For example, the old NSMB/Pikmin 3 team was EAD's Software Development Group 4. Their last release was Super Mario Maker (Wii U, the port was another team). It would make sense for Nintendo to announce something from them, but I don't think we can say they're working on their own thing instead of collaborating on SMO or whatever.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic