Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,581 to 14,600 of 69,983

Octane

@Therad It's was a lot of 2018 and ''now in development'' for a Direct that was supposed to focus on this year. I mean, excited about the idea of a Metroid Prime and Pokemon game, but the announcements were a bit cheap...

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

It was great, but I hope they have more announcements for next year. I don't want them to fall into Sony's trap where they reveal a ton of stuff and then don't have much left to show.

KirbyTheVampire

FGPackers

Nintendo won really hands down this E3...no contest absolutely

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

zitpig

2017 = Meh.

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

TuVictus

Eh I definitely don't think Nintendo "won". Even though I cared for next to nothing of theirs, I think Microsoft had the most impressive lineup of games. Game after game after game after game and all releasing relatively soon. Sony was way off in the future and Nintendo had much fewer as well as showing off some games well off into the future.

That said, all were pretty great

TuVictus

Faruko

Buying a Switch in September (ill be in LA), and honestly, CAN'T WAIT.

It was a great E3, great games coming, and there's a lot right now.

Soooo excited

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

skywake

They have a game a year for 2017 and a handful of releases on the cards for 2018. I think it's looking pretty good for the Switch TBH. People wanted Rocket League, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon and Animal Crossing. They got three of them.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

Now that we're getting Prime 4 I guess I wouldn't mind another DK to give it a full trilogy

TuVictus

rallydefault

FGPackers wrote:

Nintendo won really hands down this E3...no contest absolutely

I have to agree. I was floored. I watched the Microsoft and Sony conferences and didn't really feel anything. Sony was mostly trailers and mostly 2018 stuff (if we're lucky: remember last year?); Microsoft is launching a 500 dollar console that seems totally unnecessary.

I don't care if Prime4 and Pokemon are more than a year off. They are confirmed, and that is awesome.

But furthermore, I'm stoked that Fire Emblem Warriors is releasing in the Fall, and I can't believe Xenoblade is going to make 2017. This Holiday on the Switch is going to be insane: plunge out of summer with Splatoon into Fire Emblem, Mario god-dang Odyssey, and then Xenoblade (with Kirby on the horizon in 2018). Absolutely crazy. They're finally getting things right.

(I forget where the Yoshi game fits in. I love platformers, so I'm definitely getting it. Also forget Rocket League for Holiday. Dangit.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

KirbyTheVampire

I'm shocked that some people weren't impressed by this E3. Expectations must have been sky high for those people if they expected more. I expected way less, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

KirbyTheVampire

zitpig

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

I'm shocked that some people weren't impressed by this E3. Expectations must have been sky high for those people if they expected more. I expected way less, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

What did Nintendo themselves really show that they are doing for the Switch? Mario Oddyssee. A new (lovely looking) Yoshi game. A new 3DS Metroid remake. That's it. Everything else was either mentioned (and not shown) and next year and/or being made by other companies.

Nintendo showed nothing for this year other than Mario (which we all know about). I really did hope for something from Nintendo after Mario for this holiday. That's not much to ask tbh and certainly not sky-high expectations.

A simple mention aboout Pikmin 4 would have helped, especially since Miyamoto stated that it was almost done at the last E3 (or was it the one before?). Pikmin, Animal Crossing or something completely new would have made it for me. I didn't expect much, but I did hope for more, and unfortunately Nintendo really didn't give much.

zitpig

KirbyTheVampire

@zitpig The lineup we have is already pretty solid, though. Do we really need that much more? And we might have more games for this year revealed to us in future Directs.

The first year of a consoles life is never super jam packed with games. Think of the PS4.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Faruko

Man im so excited for Xenoblade Chronicless 2

zitpig

Sorry, I completely forgot about Xenoblade.

I'm perhaps alone in the not caring for ARMS or Splatoon as I'm pretty much an old-school solo gamer. I'm more traditional Nintendo. That's why I'm disappointed. But even so, Nintendo really didn't show much - there's simply no arguing with that. What they did show though was quality.

Of course future Directs will highlight other games, although those are ofter too few and far between.

I am really hopeful though that 2018 will turn it all around. I remember buying a PS2 and PS3 and having even less to look forward to in the first year of release - I honestly used both more for media than games in the first 12months).

I know it's early days for the Switch. Having Zelda as a launch title perhaps raised my expectations a bitm as it was so good.

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

Faruko

@zitpig Nintendo has been using Directs for the better part of almost 3 years now, E3 has been a special Direct, yes. But they might have some extra stuff stored for the rest of the year.

It might be wise to do so considering their strategy is about keeping news and stuff throught the year and not go guns blazing just 1-2 times a year

bluemage1989

Great selection of games from Nintendo so far really happy with what's ahead. Glad to see the 3DS getting attention but surely these could have been dual releases on Switch (highly doubt they will have features that make them only possible on 3DS). Hope there will be a bit more from third parties to see as while what's on offer looks good but id like a little more because greed lols

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic