Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,561 to 14,580 of 69,964

IceClimbers

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that Sony's conference was all 2018 titles besides some multiplats. Lots of "everything was 2018" comments on Twitter.

Makes Nintendo's 2017 focus not look so bad

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@Haru17 I wonder why Sony would pay to leave the Switch out of the picture if Capcom is just going to change it to appeal more to a Western audience, though...

This doesn't make sense to me.

I understand changing a series to appeal to the Western market. I also get trying to muscle Nintendo out of its dominant position in Japan. The two things don't seem easily reconcilable, though.

Either way, I hope you're right. Especially with regard to MH5.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Haru17

@IceClimbers Hell, their 2016 conference was all 2018 games except for Horizon, The Last Guardian, and COD. People are just mad because the unrealistic expectations Sony created by announcing games way too far in advance are catching up with them. It turns out they don't have a fresh basket full of first-party 2020 games to announce each year.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

IceClimbers

@Haru17 Indeed.

Anyways

If this actually comes to Switch and we can play Monster Hunter World on the Switch using it...

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp the Shantae DLC means I'm getting the switch version. No point in buying it for the wiiu version for me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

erv

Haru17 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

This not being on Switch really sucks.

I'm very certain XX is getting a western release date tomorrow guys, and if the rumor is true then Monster Hunter 5 is also coming to Switch next year. Capcom wants to expand the series, and localizing an already 80% localized game is an obvious way to do that. Everyone gets their Monster Hunter, best E3 of all time.

If anything like a monster Hunter 5 is announced for the switch I'll be dancing a happy naked dance move eating potato chips in my living room.

That would make this e3 a homerun with, surprised to admit, mario rabbids.

Whoa, strange times!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Maxz

@OorWullie That's a really interesting thought... It's certainly true that just about every salty tear had already been shed before reveal.

I think I would have definitely been 'conflicted' if I was seeing it for the first time. But by separating the negative and positive reactions, I'm left feeling quite purely excited. It's like emotional electrolysis.

It certainly seems to have avoided the post-reveal knee-jerk backlash of Federation Fprce (although there are plenty of other reasons for that too).

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Ralizah

Next main series game, then.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

So now they're saying Nintendo will get all the Generation games then? Not sure I like any of this and Capcom is shooting themselves in the foot here. Nintendo has made them a boat load of money. They think they can get a bigger piece of the pie I see.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if Capcom pulled the same trick with this year's Mega Man and Disney collections, a deal to prevent them coming to Switch rather than it just being a delayed announcement or VC release.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Certainly looking that way.

But....that's also...illegal?

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spoony_Tech

@BLP_Software Why would it be illegal??

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Spoony_Tech The same monopolistic practices that got Nintendo in hot water during the NES days.

Putting restrictions on companies so they cant work or make games for the competition

And to be frank, paying to prevent your competition being able to operate, is a morally messed up thing.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I could understand MM, seeing how many of those were Playstation games, but why would Sony care what platforms a bunch of NES games were ported to?

I don't know. The game looks cool, but this all just seems dirty. I hope this backfires on them, like it did on Microsoft when they paid to keep Rise of the Tomb Raider off the PS4 for a time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

Before we all get up in ARMS about this ( see what I did there) we should at least wait for what Nintendo shows off. For all we know it will answer a lot of questions......or cause more questions lol

MERG said:

Luna_110

If MH Worlds is MH5, the pen Japan is going to riot due to the no portability and changed focus on the west. I get Sony wanting to recover the position in Japan, since they don't have many million sellers there, but do they really think they won't get a backlash?
Let's just hope we get the localization announcement today for XX.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Octane

@Luna_110 Who says it wasn't Capcom making this decision? Capcom openly talked about expanding Monster Hunter in the west before. They even said handhelds were the limiting factor, preventing the game to grow in the west. They also pointed to the low sales of MH in the west. It's very possible this is Capcom making the decision. If Sony was behind this, it would be a PS4 exclusive.

https://www.destructoid.com/capcom-is-focusing-on-growing-mon...

Octane

Grumblevolcano

This wording is concerning. Still, less than 50 minutes to go!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

I'm pretty sure the Disney collection is a result of the developer not having a dev kit. Capcom's only publishing it.

Sonic Mania would have been the same way if it wasn't for Tantalus

@Grumblevolcano Everything is concerning to you

Edited on by IceClimbers

Therad

Is it just me, or was that a bit low key?

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic