Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,541 to 14,560 of 69,991

JaxonH

@Maxz
Monster Hunter is a meticulous game revolving around precision gameplay, i-frames, managing animation frames, technical skill, deep crafting and forging system... this is just an open jungle with marginally improved animations and all the animation frames removed, they have dude swinging around vines like Tarzan and ran from the monster more than he fought... it's not even close to the real game. All the things that make MH great... seem to be MIA here.

What they've done is stuck the cool monsters from the series into a jungle and removed all the staple mechanics and systems that make the game insanely fun and addicting. Some yellow firefly thing following you around... it's just... nothing like the core series.

You'd have to play the game to truly understand.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

Beyond Good & Evil is going to be a Switch timed exclusive,I'm sure of it.Why else would they leave out what platforms it's coming to?That suggested it was going to be either Sony or Nintendo getting it first and Sony's show has just passed without a peep.If so then Ubisoft will have opened and closed their show with 2 big Switch exclusives,what other 3rd party dev would do that?Those 2 titles on top of Odyssey,Xenoblade 2,Zelda DLC and possibly Retro's new game means this E3 will belong to Nintendo in my eyes.

I say that without my fanboy goggles on.Or at least I'm trying to.

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Ralizah

@JaxonH Looked exactly like Monster Hunter to me, except prettier and with a more interactive in-game environment. I don't think we can say anything either way about how the game will handle character animation management, crafting, etc. from that trailer.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@OorWullie I have a hard time believing the Switch could even run BG&E2, based on the footage they showed. Unless the actual game looks nothing like that cinematic trailer.

OorWullie

@Ralizah Remember the Zombii U reveal,it looked incredible.I was salivating and foolishly thought that's what the game was going to look like.

SW-6101-8403-1640

meleebrawler

Something funny I've noticed about the Switch is quite a few of it's games having goofy crossovers as a theme. First we got Puyo Puyo Tetris, then MK8D with new Splatoon content, and now Mario + Rabbids.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Spoony_Tech

If true I still find it hard to believe that Nintendo would choose BG&E2 to show off instead of Rabbids. The swearing alone seemed to make it a worse choice then Bayonetta.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

skywake

Ralizah wrote:

@OorWullie I have a hard time believing the Switch could even run BG&E2, based on the footage they showed. Unless the actual game looks nothing like that cinematic trailer.

Why is there even doubt about this? Of course the actual game looks nothing like the trailer. Remember that this is Ubisoft we're talking about.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@Ralizah
"Exactly like"

No... it resembled MH because you're still fighting monsters, but it was far from exactly like. Too far. I don't know how much you've played the games but I've sunk over 1500 hrs. in the last three entries.

It was a little prettier, absolutely. And more interactive. But that's about the extent to which my compliments for the game end. Which is kind of problematic because I figured they would try to sell the game with better graphics and a more interactive open world and ditch the rest.

You could tell from the instant gathering that whole system has been borked, which means other animation frames have likely been borked. Which the crux of the game is built on. And it didn't look very fluid. Almost like claymation at some points. Not that slow, but it's the only way I can describe it- very jerky and not fluid. When he swung on the vine and landed on the monster... it looked... off.

It very well may turn out to be an entertaining game in its own right. But I doubt it'll ever be more than "just another decent game worth a look", whereas the core series... is the greatest thing to ever happen to video games in 30 years.

I live and breathe this franchise... and this is not what I'm looking for. I just hope people don't play this game and get turned off from the franchise for the rest of their lives

edit
I will be significantly cheered up if they'd hurry up and announce XX localization. But considering we heard about this trademark a few days ago and nothing else, I'm beginning to think we're not going to get that announcement this e3. Which just makes it all the more frustrating because I am starved to death for console MH. Real console Mh. All I want is a gosh dang port, is that so much to ask? And if they fail to deliver that all the while barking left and right about this nonsense I'm going to be fuming. I'm going into withdrawals here. I need my fix. It's like they're dangling a bag of dope in front of a junkie then telling them sorry, it's not actually real...

Yes, that's how I feel.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

Ralizah wrote:

Well, Sony even has Monster Hunter now. Sony has everything at this point.

Yeah, it's honestly a real D move to pay just so Monster Hunter isn't on Switch. Each platform will get a game though, so this isn't a long term problem.

JaxonH wrote:

People didn't believe me when I said this is what it would be like. Idk. Maybe it'll turn out better than it looks. You could tell the crowd was not impressed though.

What game were you looking at? This game had grappling hooks, sound bombs growing in the environment, tangling monsters in vines, a fuller mounting system, full monster predation, and dangling from Remobras en route to a hunt. Sure it looks a little early and we only saw three monsters, but that's why it's a 2018 game. They can delay it if they need more time.

The only reason the crowd wasn't impressed is because western game journos could give a damn about Monster Hunter. They have always ignored the series and will seemingly continue to do so.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech It might just be a short tease,title screen and "first on Switch".Ubisoft have done the hype part for them.It's probably still a long way off though.

If it is to be an exclusive,then fair play to Ubisoft,they're really doing their best to help the Switch become a success.I'd much rather have 2 unique games like these than vastly inferior ports of Far Cry 5 ,Assassins Creed,The Crew 2 etc.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Ralizah

If the rumor is correct (I see no reason to doubt it now, considering how right on it was), this game won't have missions or timers, which is a MASSIVE change for the series, though.

That crowd was so uninterested in this game. I guess it's not worth getting excited for if it's not another interactive movie. Bleh!

I wonder how the Japanese audience will react to this...

OorWullie

The crowd didn't seem to be enthusiastic about anything that was shown really.Sammy was saying the crowd wasn't mic'd,maybe so but whenever the camera moved over to them,half them weren't even bothering to clap and the ones that did,did so briefly.Ubisoft's crowd were much more lively.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

JaxonH

@Haru17
If these things are supposedly so cool why does it look so bad. It doesn't look like the pinpoint precision combat I expect. It looks like a non-monster Hunter team tried to make a Monster Hunter game... which is actually probably what happened.

Hey, if what we saw is the kind of game you want... knock yourself out

Edited on by JaxonH

Haru17

@JaxonH We haven't gotten a good look at the combos and weapon types yet, and the game is probably a year or more out if being at Sony's conference is any indication. They have time to polish up the audio/visual feedback and grappling hook camera, and the trailer they showed gave me every confidence they will.

JaxonH

@Haru17
And that's fair. I'm not saying I won't take another look at it. I'll be following this game closer than most.

But it's not the kind of experience I'm craving. I need some real MH, like a junkie needs a fix. And Capcom is killing me here. All I ask is for a measly little port to be localized and I will be 100% happy. And it seems they can't even do that. Then they dangle this fake carrot... ughhh. What does a man have to do to get some proper console Monster Hunter around here!

Ralizah

Apparently the new MH will have "online drop-in multiplayer" and a crafting system. Also, global simultaneous release.

This not being on Switch really sucks.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haru17

Ralizah wrote:

This not being on Switch really sucks.

I'm very certain XX is getting a western release date tomorrow guys, and if the rumor is true then Monster Hunter 5 is also coming to Switch next year. Capcom wants to expand the series, and localizing an already 80% localized game is an obvious way to do that. Everyone gets their Monster Hunter, best E3 of all time.

OorWullie

It's probably a good thing that the Rabbids game was leaked well in advance.Many had low expectations for it and even those of us who were more optimistic probably didn't expect it to look that good.If we hadn't known about it beforehand however,the instant reaction to seeing the Rabbids with Mario would have been negative.The dislikes on Youtube would have been a lot higher than they currently are.

Makes you wonder if the leak was intentional so it would get a better reaction.

SW-6101-8403-1640

JaxonH

@Haru17
I'll be very happy indeed if that's the case. It doesn't even have to come to switch (obviously I'd prefer it but) I just want the main game.

MH5 is beyond my sights ATM. Right now it's a focus on XX localization. Which, I'll import if I have to. Don't speak a lick of Japanese but if that's what it takes...

@Ralizah
That's promising at least. Don't quite understand the reasoning not putting it on Switch, but I'm not too bothered about it because I'm not that interested in it in the first place (*subject to change pending more info) Nonetheless just on principle it's a tad offensive. I could understand if it was exclusive but seeing as it's not... it's just typical Capcom.

If XX is announced tomorrow all is well. One thing they could certainly learn from is the global release date.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic