Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,461 to 14,480 of 69,963

Qwertyninty

@MarcelRguez

Well they can't market it as the most advance "home console" version. They are pushing the portable aspect of the switch and I am fine with that. Plus we have a 1080p 60fps experience for the big screen gamers.

Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

@SLIGEACH_EIRE

Looking forward to this. I love indie/mobile devs stepping up Nintendo. Want to see what the game looks and plays like on Switch. They have a chance to do what the project cars devs failed to do on Wii U and haven't spoken a word to switch gamers since.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

If even FIFA looks fantastic on Switch, then NBA 2k18 will surely look the part. And I have no doubt a potential WWE game would look just as good

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@Peek-a-boo That made me laugh.I hated that game.My mates used to play it all the time,they'd make mini tournaments and I always got hammered in the first round then have to wait for ages on another shot,only to get knocked out again.I always ended up being the coffee maker when we played that.That combined with my dislike for wrestling makes this game for me,one of my worst games of all time.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

LeRaposa

No Assassin's Creed on Switch either. Not looking good for third party support.

LeRaposa

kkslider5552000

LeRaposa wrote:

No Assassin's Creed on Switch either. Not looking good for third party support.

1. Assassin's Creed did nothing for Wii U
2. There is no way Ubisoft would be able to put the new one on Switch without some serious time downgrading things

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

Ori and the Will of the Wisps looks incredible! A masterpiece for sure. And the Xbox BC is nice. Wanna be hopeful for Anthem (although it's a multiplat).

Aside from that though... nothing really stood out.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

Saw a thread on reddit with people complaining about how bad the online service for Nintendo is. Specifically a whine about it being p2p. "We're paying for this, it should have dedicated servers!"

.... nobody is paying yet. It's cheap and clunky because it's still free. If this was the service they were happy to charge you for they'd be asking for money. It's free until 2018.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

skywake wrote:

Saw a thread on reddit with people complaining about how bad the online service for Nintendo is. Specifically a whine about it being p2p. "We're paying for this, it should have dedicated servers!"

.... nobody is paying yet. It's cheap and clunky because it's still free. If this was the service they were happy to charge you for they'd be asking for money. It's free until 2018.

It's valid, I doubt they're suddenly gonna set up a bunch of dedicated servers once it's officially "live". But don't Sony and MS use P2P as well? I'm not sure.

TuVictus

IceClimbers

@Operative2-0 Dependent on the game. Uncharted 4 for example uses P2P I believe. For Honor uses P2P (though that's also why it lost 95% of it's player base).

Destiny 2 is a huge upcoming example of P2P

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

@IceClimbers Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah I don't think our $60 go for much in the way of infrastructure anyway, so I'm just grateful Nintendo is only charging $20 for it. It sucks, but it's how it is

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Bethesda just showed off the Switch version of Skyrim in their conference. It IS the remastered version. It also amiibo support (they showed the Link archer giving you the Master Sword and a BotW Link costume) and what appears to be motion control support.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

The motion controls definitely do not seem like I'll be having a fun time with them, with it looking like not much more than standard waggle, but I'm glad to see the link cameo. That's pretty cool

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic