Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,441 to 14,460 of 69,963

veeflames

G0dlike wrote:

The nature of A Way Out makes it the perfect game for Switch, with the emphasis on local co-op! Just a thought.

I know it's a long shot at this point, but now I'm hoping Nintendo reveals it at their own E3 Spotlight...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Haruki_NLI

EA is gonna walk. They even revealed a game perfect for the hardware and yet nope.

So, looks like its option A of that list. Not even basing it on FIFA selling they've just..gone.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Nin10dad

That's my hope! The same reason there was nothing about FIFA Switch announced(aside from the belated press release), as they want to push the news themselves!
Wishful thinking? Probably, but hey, gotta dream right! @Vee_Flames

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

JaxonH

That game is not coming to Switch. It's just not. EA is only putting FIFA, the most popular sport in the world, on Switch. Not even Madden is coming. They're definitely not putting anything less popular on the system.

I think they will bring a few more games pending Switch's continued popularity, but we won't see the fruit of that until fall 2018.

FIFA looks great btw. 1080p docked, 720p handheld, single Joycon supported which means multiplayer anywhere, also dual joycons and pro controller supported, a bevy of modes including online and offline, AI improvements from FIFA 17, modes and features not present in PS3/360 version, a Switch Kickoff mode...

Ya, that'll work for sure.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Hori's HRAP is up for preorder on Amazon in the US for those that care. Already got my order in.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

skywake

I'm not surprised, all of the content you'll see from third parties at E3 will be based on their thoughts of Nintendo last year. They wouldn't have had time to see the public reaction to the Switch. Sure devs would be excited by the concept but the execs don't really think the same way. They're more worried about whether there's a market for their content on a Nintendo platform.

If FIFA does well on Switch, and I think it's fair to assume that it will, expect EA to do a 180

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Aozz101x

EA Play was okay.

The Good (or what i like and do plan getting)

• Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (i did enjoy the 2015 game, but i still like the first two better then the reboot)
  • A Way Out
  • Bioware's new Game

im not much into EA's sports games.
I Give it: Between C+ to B-.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Aozz101x
I'm a huge Bioware fan, but after Andromeda... I'm beginning to think their glory days are over. Mass Effect was their most successful and well known IP. And they royally botched what should have been one of gaming' biggest comebacks.

If they can't even get that right, I'm not sure I have much faith in anything else they do. Seems the synergy of a past dev team is all but gone. Like when the Stampers left Rare it all fell apart, and they never got it back. Doesn't take much to throw a team in the zone off kilter...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Qwertyninty

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-11-fifa-18-on-ninte...

Eurogamer interview with EA producer for the game. Pretty detailed. Engine is brand new and custom built for switch. Not ignite and not frostbite. He says this was best way to build a base for future switch version. Personally they sound excited for the game and what it offers. I will buy it to support the cause. It looks like a more than capable version. It obviously doesn't have all the graphical effects Of the x1 ps4 versions but has all the same new gameplay additions. I really do think for year one and a new platform we might be getting the best offering. Hopefully the game sales very well.

Qwertyninty

FGPackers

One of the most important things to me: they said this is 60 FPS. Not a make it or break it, but it's really nice to know it. They're actually convincing me more and more...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haruki_NLI

EA built an engine just for this.

Who are they and where is EA.

MarcelRguez

@Qwertyninty That's very good to hear, and certainly more than what people expected from them. It really is a custom version of the game.

Hope in EA slightly restored.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@FGPackers I just saw that video in the comments.it looks very nice indeed,definitely not the last gen look I was expecting.I'm feeling pretty hyped about this now,the last FIFA I bought was 10 on the Wii.Up until then,I had bought practically every single entry since the original,even the World Cup specials.I refused to buy 13 on Wii U for various reasons but for this one,they have me on board day one.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Qwertyninty

@MarcelRguez

Yeah sadly you have those that still are making every excuse not to buy the game. I think when it is all said and done this will be a pretty solid game. With that said I'm not in full restore mode from EA. They have a lot more to do for nintendo gamers but this seems to be a solid first step.

Qwertyninty

MarcelRguez

@Qwertyninty Pretty much. The only thing I find worrisome is their whole 'most advanced portable version' approach. I think it's clever of them to market the Switch version from that perspective in FIFA's particular case, but in respect to future games...

What's true is that having 'portable-focused' support is better than not having any support at all, at least.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FragRed

After watching the EA conference yesterday, I'm pretty much convinced they won't be porting anything else to the Nintendo Switch. The games they showed off would need a lot of compromises to get them working on the hardware.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Luna_110

Well, maybe forward we'll get more sport support from EA if they built a custom engine. Nice to see them change attitude!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Haruki_NLI

FIFA 18 is going to have one big hurdle.

Yes we could have the best FIFA to take anywhere, with anyone at anytime.

But Sony has the marketing rights. So Nintendo cant say that. At least not in main FIFA ads. Itd have to be in Switch ads if allowed, but Sony may have that on lockdown.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic