Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,421 to 14,440 of 69,981

Qwertyninty

So if not e3 when can we expect to see fifa switch? This is silly doesn't the game launch in like Aug?

Qwertyninty

Octane

@Qwertyninty September 29. No idea though, Sony has a marketing deal with EA, so any commercials you'll see of FIFA 18 will be the PS4 version. Maybe in a future Nintendo Direct? Maybe..?

Octane

Qwertyninty

@Octane I just think it's crappy. The biggest gaming conference and you don't show fifa for switch in any way. I get it not being part of their on stage time. But give us at least one booth for switch. I mean they have to show it... in some form.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

Pertaining to people expecting certain games, or upset at the prospect of certain games not being announced...

It's only 3 months into life cycle. Not every game fans want will be announced the very first e3, particularly when the rest of this year is already brimming over with high-caliber releases. So keep that in mind. They're releasing a major game almost every month on average. Over the span of 5 years that's gonna be a lot of games that add up. As long as there's a consistent lineup of quality games which lie before us, it's all good.

I think a Metroid and Pikmin are pretty much guaranteed to land on Switch at some point, I'm just not sure they'll be announced this e3. Pikmin is actually a likely candidate, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it was announced in the fall Direct. Who knows. But regardless of what happens, as long as they're keeping a steady flow of good games to look forward in front of us every 6 months, then I'll be more preoccupied with what is coming then what isn't. As long as there's Monster Hunter, obviously.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KirbyTheVampire

I don't think we'll be seeing Pikmin 4 at E3. I kinda doubt they would want to completely overshadow Hey! Pikmin when it comes out the month after E3.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

3 Switch bundles in stock via GameStop online

Switch + Zelda BotW + Zelda BotW season pass + Nyko charger $399
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-swi...

Switch + Arms + SnipperClips + Nyko charger $399

Switch + Zelda BotW + Zelda BotW season pass + Nyko charger + Pro Controller $469

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Peek-a-boo

After watching the (mostly) terribly cringeworthy EA Play event, with the exception of a watered down FIFA game, it seems that EA are not supporting the Switch = confirmed.

Is it a shame? Yes. Will Nintendo fans care? Not particularly, no.

The new EA Originals game called 'A Way Out' from the creators of Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons looked absolutely fantastic, and it felt like the perfect game for the Switch due to its split-screen multiplayer heritage.

Peek-a-boo

DrkBndr

FGPackers wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/first-fifa-18-switch-details-sp...

This seems really bad from EA. By the way really bad show from them

How does that look bad? It's only missing The Journey, which won't be possible because Frostbite doesn't support the Switch. Most people don't play Fifa for single player anyways, so it's not a big loss. It's a lot better effort than most expected (it has Ultimate Team and Online Seasons for example). As for the graphics, the screenshot seems messed up, so its better to wait for a direct feed.

DrkBndr

KirbyTheVampire

Overall a very boring press conference by EA, although I'll be keeping an eye on BioWare's new IP. Maybe they're still capable of making something good, despite Andromeda.

KirbyTheVampire

FGPackers

DrkBndr wrote:

Frostbite doesn't support the Switch.

This is the problem to me. And not because it does not have Frostbite. But because this can easily mean that EA did not put any effort in it, and maybe did it with a too much little team too. I had little hopes for this title before, now i have even less, almost reaching 0. They're really not selling it, and then we will start again with the "Nintendo non getting third party support" and all that stupid stuff...

And making things even worst they talked about that mobile Star Wars game and did not mention ANYTHING about Switch (almost anything about FIFA in general to tell the truth). This should tell a lot about EA being EA...

As i said: REALLY BAD conference by them

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

veeflames

Aside from all that horrible cringe (just why, though?), I thought EA Play was actually decent. A Way Out looks awesome, but it's a shame it's not on the Switch (maybe in the near future?). Hey, that's why I have my PS4, right?

Need For Speed: Payback also looked interesting... when they weren't showcasing that nonsensical slow-motion effect every 5 seconds. I hope the game doesn't slo-mo like that all the time when I'm playing the game...

Everything else was pretty cringeworthy.
"Oh, I've made a lot of friends playing Battlefield!"
Ugh, no. Just no.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ValhallaOutcast

@FGPackers ya it's like EA is purposely making the switch version of FIFA sound like a crappier version

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

DrkBndr

FGPackers wrote:

DrkBndr wrote:

Frostbite doesn't support the Switch.

This is the problem to me. And not because it does not have Frostbite. But because this can easily mean that EA did not put any effort in it, and maybe did it with a too much little team too. I had little hopes for this title before, now i have even less, almost reaching 0. They're really not selling it, and then we will start again with the "Nintendo non getting third party support" and all that stupid stuff...

And making things even worst they talked about that mobile Star Wars game and did not mention ANYTHING about Switch (almost anything about FIFA in general to tell the truth). This should tell a lot about EA being EA...

As i said: REALLY BAD conference by them

It not having Frostbite doesn't mean that the Switch version will be that much worse than the PS4 and Xbox One versions. The Switch version has 1080p and PBR (Physically Based Rendering) which isn't possible on PS3 and Xbox 360, so it does seem that EA put an effort in to make this version as good as possible. It probably utilizes the Ignite engine, which is the one used in Madden, NBA Live and NHL on PS4 and Xbox One, so the graphics should definitely be good for the Switch.

I agree that the conference was pretty bad and sometimes even cringy. But EA conferences are always bad, so I expected it. The only interesting bits were Battlefield 1 and A Way Out imo. I think A Way Out would work great on the Switch, but will probably not come to it because of EA (but we'll have to wait and see, I guess)

DrkBndr

FGPackers

DrkBndr wrote:

The Switch version has 1080p and PBR (Physically Based Rendering) which isn't possible on PS3 and Xbox 360, so it does seem that EA put an effort in to make this version as good as possible. It probably utilizes the Ignite engine, which is the one used in Madden, NBA Live and NHL on PS4 and Xbox One, so the graphics should definitely be good for the Switch.

Where this comes from? I actually did not know it, and it is a little bit calming me down. I guess i'll take the "wait and see" approach now since i would really love to see a good FIFA on Switch. Honestly i don't expect it to appear on Spotlight, i think better chances are for Treehouse.

FGPackers

GrailUK

This looks bloody good tbh for portable mode!
Untitled

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DrkBndr

FGPackers wrote:

Where this comes from? I actually did not know it, and it is a little bit calming me down. I guess i'll take the "wait and see" approach now since i would really love to see a good FIFA on Switch. Honestly i don't expect it to appear on Spotlight, i think better chances are for Treehouse.

It's from the PR release of the game, you can read it on Neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388995

I understand why you think EA might give the Switch a bad version, because they didn't really put any effort in the Wii U and 3DS versions, but they seem te put a lot more effort in the Switch version.
There are demo stations of the game at EA Play, so there should hopefully be some footage soon. Here's an off-sceen pic from USgamer and it looks good imo: https://twitter.com/USgamernet/status/873643241228296192

DrkBndr

FGPackers

Oh this is some really good news. Nice to hear it! Thanks!

FGPackers

Nin10dad

The nature of A Way Out makes it the perfect game for Switch, with the emphasis on local co-op! Just a thought.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic