Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 13,521 to 13,540 of 69,970

Spoony_Tech

You look at all these comments in here and we all wonder why Nintendo doesn't get the 3rd party support.

EA has a lot of good games and they may not appeal to everyone but they could both benefit off each other (EA and Nintendo).

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

Ugh. EA is just...

To each their own, but I really can't see how anyone could be excited for that lineup. Star Wars Battlefront II might be salvageable, but that's it.

I miss the late 00s EA that gave us Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Dead Space and the like.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech Start by releasing FIFA 18 on the Switch... cause this makes it sound like it's some inferior side project. It works both ways. I don't always understand the skepticism towards third party support either, but if they pull stuff like this, go ahead and laugh at them I guess. Here's hoping that's just a tentative name, and it's actually FIFA 18, just like the other versions.

Octane

NEStalgia

Who cares if it's an "inferior side project", this would be the first new game in the FIFA series in like 12 years. All the others are just reskins and graphics upgrades on the exact same game Celebrate the first ACTUAL game EA Sports has produced in the 21st century!

@Spoony_Tech EA doesn't have a lot of good games. EA doesn't have a lot of games at all. EA has a lot of good IPs and many years ago EA used to make a lot of great games. In the past decade or so they've been reduced to becoming a pseudo-Microsoft 2nd party as they shifted to selling "Software as a Service" and mostly exited the packaged product category in an attempt to pay down the MASSIVE debt their former CEO and current chairman thrust them deep into buy buying every studio that moved and shutting them down.

Dungeon Keeper, Populous, The Sims, Command & Conquer, Dead Space, Ultima, Wing Commander. All these great IPs and more are sat upon. EA now makes licensed sports games for each major sport, Disney licensed Star Wars games (using studios they bought and damaged), plus Battlefield and Need for Speed. And that travesty that was Mirror's Edge 2 and Andromeda that shows how damaged their internal studios are.

They sit on so many good IPs they make Capcom's investments look positively extravagant.

NEStalgia

kkslider5552000

EA SPORTSβ„’ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch is my favorite upcoming game! Right next to Call of Dutyβ„’ Video Game Ft. World War 2 on Multiplayer Platforms and Super Mario Expanded Version of the First Two 3D Mario Platformers and Final Fantasy VII Remake With a New Battle System Because We'll Never Have a Second Opportunity to Make This Let's Do Something Different and Hope It Doesn't XIII In Our Faces!

β„’

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

Vee_Flames wrote:

EA SPORTS FIFA on the Nintendo Switch.
LOL.
ALL MY LOLS.

Y U NO TALK ON DISCORD?!?! >.<

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

Looks like EA is being EA...

There goes Switch support...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

The other day after their comment about "bringing in a whole new player base into the ecosystem.",I said I bet we end up getting something like FIFA Soccer All-Play 18,yet here we are with something potentially even worse 'EA Sports FIFA for Nintendo Switch'.Maybe it's going back to it's 16 bit roots,football in that retro style us Nintendo fans love so much.They don't buy AAA so lets give them retro.

Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

MarcelRguez

@OorWullie Ironically enough, I would be more inclined to pick up something like that than a straight port of FIFA18.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@MarcelRguez If it came down to a choice between retro FIFA or a FIFA Casual Soccer Party with an 'innovative' Big-Head mode like I'm half expecting,retro FIFA would win every time.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Spoony_Tech

The problem with the Wii was a lot of people were happy with Wii sports for a long time.

What's more impressive is the time of year released.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@MarcelRguez Seriously, that looks more fun than what they've been making. Looks like a video game instead of "instant replay simulator '17"

NEStalgia

Spoony_Tech

I think I just wet myself!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜₯πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

MERG said:

TuVictus

@Frosty_09 absolutely wonderful news, even better since the switch is region free.

TuVictus

ValhallaOutcast

Does anyone know if a plugging your switch into a laptop will it be enough power to keep playing or will it still drain the switch.

Example Im playing portable and I get the lower battery warning, if my laptop is close by can I plug it in and continue playing for an hour or so?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

OorWullie

They could have had a Mini-Direct to announce this.There was a few good looking indies announced during the last Japanese Cat Mario Show ,throw in a couple more and reveal MH at the end and you've got a successful Direct.

It's funny,after all the negativity about that badly translated statement from Capcom earlier,here we are,less than 24 hours later with a huge new title announced.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Spoony_Tech

Still wish it was 5 but I want HD MH!!

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic