Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 13,201 to 13,220 of 69,981

TuVictus

Zelda is never really gone long enough for people to worry. We know once the console one comes out they start on another one soon after, and in the mean time we get a bunch of ports or handheld games. Not by any stretch of the imagination would Zelda be considered vaporware

TuVictus

jump

Operative2-0 wrote:

Zelda is never really gone long enough for people to worry. We know once the console one comes out they start on another one soon after, and in the mean time we get a bunch of ports or handheld games. Not by any stretch of the imagination would Zelda be considered vaporware

I disagree with the wording of that as it makes it sounds like the top down/handheld Zelda aren't fully-fledged Zeldas like the 3D ones. Link's Awakening, ALBW, Oracles and Minish Cap have earnt their keep imo.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DarkRula

@Nintenerdguy If Stars is something bigger, like a full on sequel but on a greater scale than even Black/White 2, I'd rather it was announced at E3.
Then again - pipe dream here - what if Stars was a game set in Alola first, then introduced a new set of islands to explore away from Alola. In other words, Kanto-Johto style.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

TuVictus

@jump That was not my intention and I agree. What I mean is that even after the "main" Zelda games, being the 3D console ones are released, we still get full fledged handheld spinoffs/whatever in the years following it.

TuVictus

skywake

@BiasedSonyFan
I didn't cherry pick those examples and I made a point of trying to control the variables. I specifically picked games that had one release early on in a console cycle and another similar release later on. The second release in all cases was just as well received critically and is just as fondly remembered by fans. Yet in all cases sold worse.

If you think my examples are cherry picked and don't try to control for various other factors? Post some of your own. And while you're doing that please note how many you are skipping over because they don't suit your argument. Because I didn't skip any.....

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@BiasedSonyFan I personally believe that you have made some good points along with some disputable opinions however, I think we have all come to a collective realisation that this debate has gone on for too long

I'm not convinced of that. Look, if I can be bothered I'll do a graphic later on that shows clearly how there is a correlation between time of release and sales. Then the argument can be dead. If it's clear there is none I'll concede, if there is some correlation then the "people only ever buy content based on merit" nonsense is clearly false.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

OorWullie

@BiasedSonyFan I find it amusing that you're the one saying you don't care anymore when it's you who starts the majority of arguments on here and keep them going for days/weeks, long after others have moved on.Not saying you don't sometimes make good points but you need to learn when to give it a break.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

skywake

@BiasedSonyFan
As I said, I'll post an exhaustive graph later if I can be bothered. Meanwhile you're yet to produce any stats at all to back your claim. The fact that you're now offended by notifications says something about how hard it is for you to find evidence to support your argument.

skywake

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

What you're posting would fail a grammar school science course.

Well here's a bit of quick spreadsheet foo. Every game from the Wii that sold more than 500k units along with the year of release. Then the median sales for each year of release. I stopped in 2012 because there were only 8 games released after then that sold more than 500k. Why median? Well because it stops releases like Wii Sports massively influencing the result. If your theory is correct? We should expect a flat line. If what I'm saying is true? Well you'd expect median sales for games that released in 2006/2007 to be higher. Guess what.
Untitled
Since you're such a statistics expert I look forward to you telling us all why the above graph is wrong. Hopefully with some actual evidence to back your claim this time rather than personal attacks.

Edited on by skywake

gcunit

@skywake @BiasedSonyFan May I suggest you start your own thread on this tangent, rather than continue to drag it out here?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Sales in Japan this week have fallen off a cliff. Everything is down, could be post Golden Week blues but I don't know.

This week's hardware sales figures.

Switch – 24,712
New 3DS LL – 13,643
PS4 – 12,334
PS4 Pro – 4,961
Vita – 4,114
2DS – 2,862
New 3DS – 1,021
PS3 – 325
Wii U – 157
Xbox One – 149

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

TuVictus

So xenoverse 2 will include the story for the first game as well?

TuVictus

Ralizah

I've wanted to play Mighty Gunvolt since I first saw it, but it didn't look... substantial enough for the asking price. I'll wait and see if this version changes that, as it looks pretty cute, otherwise.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Whitewatermoose I would be somewhat surprised if they cancelled Steep since it was a launch title, and honestly a game they were advocating as a major title for themselves last year. If they cancelled Steep it implies they weren't happy with Switch's handling of the game/networking/royalties from fees, or possibly Steep is falling into a hole and won't be coming soon on any platform.

South Park would be welcome, though, Fractured But Whole actually looked really funny. And it would be a fine fit for the Switch's generally older audience.

But I'd be surprised if Steep went anywhere assuming it's still going anywhere.

NEStalgia

ValhallaOutcast

@Whitewatermoose do you have a link to the South Park rumour? last one I seen in March was the opposite and was more hinting it would not be coming to the switch

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Peek-a-boo

Yeah, I really don't think South Park is coming to the Switch. The usual trio of 'PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One' is all we have seen in regards to The Fractured but Whole.

The investors report said it all; "one new unannounced game" and "Just Dance... One or two others as well"

Mario x Rabbids, Just Dance, Rayman Legends and Steep. Anything else is either wishful thinking or a case of scraping the bottom of the rumour barrel.

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers

Xenoverse 2 coming with the story for Xenoverse 1 is nice. Wonder when that'll hit the Switch in the west.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

I have 0 idea. But still, it'll be cool to have both there as opposed to needing to port over the first game, later on. I certainly hope the game comes with online play though! That would make it the worst version for me by default if it didn't.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic