Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 13,061 to 13,080 of 69,981

NEStalgia

@KirbyTheVampire To be fair, the last Direct was "focused on Splatoon and Arms" and they rattled off a list of games, some new, some 15-20+ titles deep for 3DS and Switch. "Focused on 2017" doesn't mean they're not going to drop 2018 stuff more freely than they imply, but it also doesn't mean they will. I agree, I expect it's mostly about the games we know about (because we know about a lot of games already) and they're not going to steal too much of the futures thunder for a console that hasn't even had one holiday with its launch titles yet (remember BotW still hasn't had a Christmas season, nor has the hardware, that's still a "new" game to promote for holiday 2017 for the mass market.), but they might cover some games coming between Jan-Mar.

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

Folks, remember they announced Fire Emblem for Switch well over a year in advance.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

KirbyTheVampire

@NEStalgia I suppose that's true. Fingers crossed they don't leave too much of a gap between this holiday season and next E3 in terms of games that they let us know about.

KirbyTheVampire

NEStalgia

@KirbyTheVampire Considering they already teased FE2018 right after the January Switch presentation, I imagine we'll get maybe "up to 3" "2018" games that we won't know if they're Jan-Mar or December 2018, and also, if SMTV is included, that's going to be 2017 for Japan but 2018 for us most likely. DQ11 possibly fitting that role too. I think they'll follow up with a November Direct at some point to bring some hype for 2018 and "focus" on Mario again to build the holiday-shopper hype up for the future. Dumping it all at E3 pleases gamers and retail partners, but doesn't help the momentum through December as much as breaking it up and keeping in the news cycle. News is forgotten a week later. Games came out last week and people are already games they need new games

NEStalgia

Therad

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

@Therad

It isn't a technical problem...

Tell you what: get a Western AAA video game running natively on an ARM platform without any technical or performance compromises, and then you can tell everybody that this is not a technical issue.

Don't be ridiculous, of course they would need to downgrade the graphics. But that is because the GPU is underpowered when compared to the others, not because of the CPU.

Game development today is extremely standardised and decoupled from the hardware. Gone are the days when you needed to optimise low level stuff. Game engines are also built to be able to scale, no one wants to reinvent the time and time again.

Btw, I think it has gone inflation in the word AAA. It is such an overused and meaningless word.

Therad

Azooooz

Look what is also coming to Switch:
Untitled

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

IceClimbers

Yes! Was hoping for that. Haven't played it yet and having it on the go feels right since the first three entries were on a Nintendo handheld.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Spoony_Tech

Kinda discredits what some are saying about Nintendo and the Eshop not wanting repeat games the first year. Nintendo is perhaps being too selective to the point they will start ticking even more indie developers off.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

Don't they do this every year? I mean no one would be happier for an official Eternal Darkness release than me, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

TuVictus

Octane

[warning, the following is an example of an extremely unlikely scenario, so don't get your hopes up]

Well, a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness, Shadow Of The Eternals, is in the works. After the Silicon Knights went bankrupt, a few people behind Eternal Darkness started their own Kickstarter project for a spiritual successor, I think it failed, twice. As of last year, the project was in development again. Maybe Nintendo picked it up, Bayonetta style? Doesn't explain why they're trademarking ''Eternal Darkness'' though...

Octane

Azooooz

Bandai Namco reconfirms 3 Tales of games are coming to Switch, set to be released in 2017through 2018 first in Japan.

Edited on by Azooooz

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

@Frosty_09 Yeah, I meant 3 Bandai Namco games, including a Tales of game. I should read well before posting

Edited on by Azooooz

Murph

If we're talking Bandaids Namco, in a surprise to nobody, they'll be releasing Namco Museum on Switch. (Rolls eyes)

XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murpgh_1
Switch: 8125-7768-9102
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1

IceClimbers

That's quite a bit of Namco support there. Namco Museum, One Piece, DB Xenoverse 2, Tales, Taiko. Nice to see. That's on top of possible Smash Bros and Pokken ports.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Therad

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

@Therad

But that is because the GPU is underpowered when compared to the others, not because of the CPU.

So companies willfully build gaming platforms that use more complex, energy-hungry, and expensive x86 CPUs even though there's no difference in performance between x86 and ARM chips. Got it. That makes perfect sense.

Like I said before: get a Western AAA game running without any compromises on an ARM platform, then you may reply to me about how there's no technical difference.

No, they build games for x86 because that is the platform the platform holders have chosen. Not the other way around.

Therad

jump

^Super Smash Bros 4 is already on the 3DS

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FGPackers

And well even Stars can be considered in this way if it really has just 20+ pokemons more than Sun/Moon

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Kogorn733

Is it worth getting the Switch version of minecraft just for the Mario mash-up pack? Is it that good?

Kogorn733

Octane

They introduced new Mega evolutions in the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, right? So if there's indeed a game coming to the Switch, it could mean they're also going to introduce new Alolan formes. Maybe extend a bit beyond the Kanto pokes this time? Still think a Morelull-infected Bug/Fairy Paras would've been a perfect Alolan form. But alas, GameFreak decided metal hair Dugtrio was more important...

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic