Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,881 to 12,900 of 69,964

skywake

@LeRaposa
As @IceClimbers and @rallydefault said, she actually got quite a lot right. Honestly I'm not sure where the vitriol around her is coming from. It's certainly not about accuracy. If it was then it should be remembered that it was her, Eurogamer and Laura Kate Dale before the reveal trailer talking about "NX" being a tablet you can connect to your TV with detachable controllers. Their critics were backing the Super Metal Dave theory around the "AMD design win" and the NX being some kind of PS4 clone.

I think it's interesting that for some reason SMD walked away silently while those other guys are still getting hit with the "they're always wrong" stick. Oh noes, she said that we'd get ports of Wii U games like Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda and Splatoon on NX! But she's wrong because Splatoon 2 is a sequel not a port! .... really? Her critics thought the Switch would be a PS4 clone. It's not that hard to work out who was more accurate

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Arcamenel

I notice my WiFi connection is weaker when docked than when portable even if I'm using it in the same room.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

FGPackers

IceClimbers wrote:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold more than 459k on day 1 in the US, making it the fast selling title in the Mario Kart series, beating the record previously held by Mario Kart Wii (433,900 on day 1).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366987

Wow Switch is having better numbers than Wii in a (even little) good number of things, awesome!! Loving this system more everyday!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

@FGPackers Comparing game release and console release makes those sales more impressive than you may initially think.
Wii: Console = November 19th 2006, MKWii = April 27th 2008
Switch: Console = March 3rd 2017, MK8 Deluxe = April 28th 2017

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

burger_king

loving that this little system is selling like hot cakes , nintendo deserve it ! the only company that innovate with every release !

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

NEStalgia

@skywake I think people confuse her for Laura who very much DID get the vast majority of predictions wrong. She was clearly tagging along with Emily & Eurogamer's reports and making up the rest on her own that didn't verify, but Emily was always pretty accurate.

Did ANYONE really take the "PS4 clone" thing seriously? I mean that was one of the worst possible predictions. I'd have believed a rumor that said you put it in your shoe and play it with your toes before I'd have believed a PS4 clone

NEStalgia

IceClimbers

@skywake @NEStalgia @BiasedSonyFan Can we talk about that supposed 45% attach rate they're claiming for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? That number is weird. That attach rate for 459k sales would mean the Switch has a US install base of 1020k. We know that it sold 906k in March.

So either Nintendo is basing that attach rate off of outdated hardware numbers, or they only sold 114k units in April. Switch supply issues can't be that severe, right?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

God darnit Nintendo why?!

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

OorWullie

The hard mode sounds a little disappointing but everything else is fantastic. Hero's Path will come in very handy.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

OorWullie

It says there will be new flying enemies too.I have an image of a Lynel with wings,swooping down like Pegasus.That's the stuff of nightmares.

I was just looking at the UK software charts to see how Puyo Puyo Tetris got on.It debuted in 18th place in the all-format chart with the Switch version 26th place in the single format charts.The PS4 version didn't even enter the top 40.Considering it is more expensive on Switch and the type of game that it is,that's not too bad at all.Also in the single format charts,Nintendo take 1st and 3rd,separated by Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3.Is that a popular franchise?It didn't exactly get glowing reviews,57% currently on Metacritic.I thought Sniper Elite was the popular one.Maybe some have been fooled into thinking it's from the same series.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Peek-a-boo

@OorWullie The Ghost Warrior series were shallow-but-cheap sniper games back in the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 days, and the sequel wasn't a bad game in all honesty! They were easy - and quite fun - to play.

The third game doesn't do anything new apparently, and it also came out after Sniper Elite 4 made its entrance earlier in the year which is the (much) better game of the two, hence the middling review scores.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is better suited for a handheld device and portable play, regardless of being priced more than the PlayStation 4 version. It's not the type of game you would play on a 50" television for hours on end.

Also, in a week with something like the creepy-but-superb Little Nightmares, I think most folks would choose the latter over the former. It is a real shame that Little Nightmares isn't available on the Switch.

In other news, Darksiders III is not coming out for the Switch. Yet another third party game skips the Switch...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

NEStalgia

@IceClimbers I'm guessing they're basing it off the March numbers because MK8 launch day WAS the April restock and the numbers weren't in for that yet. My guess is a marketing guy tasked with making MK8 numbers sound great didn't realize that his selection of data makes Switch numbers look bad

Though the Mk8 numbers are weird all over. Remember the stat that said it was the #1 game of 2017 on Amazon? But if it sold 459k, that means it was under the 100%+ attach rate sales numbers of Zelda, which itself was behind Horizon: Zero Dawn (due to the PS4 install base.)

They seem to cherry pick different sets of numbers to form different results (or the media does. Articles will have "#1 selling" and then in the body clarify "in the UK""

NEStalgia

TuVictus

And people thought Laura Kate Dale was full of balogna when everything of hers wasn't instantly revealed in January

TuVictus

-Green-

The Rabbids one is just really out there. I guess some people will enjoy it, but Rabbids just aren't for me.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

It's apparently using the Snowdrop Engine. That engine being on Switch is good news, as it makes it easier for future ports (coughSouthParkFracturedButWholecough)

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic