Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,861 to 12,880 of 69,981

OorWullie

@IceClimbers This might actually turn out alright.Saber Interactive wont want to put their name behind a stinker.The developers Big Deez Productions have staff that worked on Final Fantasy,Halo,Streetfighter and Battlefield.In their own words "Shaq Fu is what the original game should have been – an instant classic. We're talking Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Devil May Cry. It’s a modern day take on the classic beat ‘em up."

According to that link,as well as bringing NBA Playgrounds to Switch,they're bringing a Motocross title and looking into a 4 player co-op shooter which would be "perfect for the platform".Guess we'll find out what they're made of in a couple of weeks when NBA Playground releases.If that's good then this dev could be one to watch out for..

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@shadow-wolf
That's roughly on par with what Wii U was.

https://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/28/nintendo-reveals-demogr...

I suspect that trend will continue since most people advertising the system by bringing it out into the world, the people they associate with are also likely around their same age group (so like, I'm not convincing a 12 year old to buy, but rather more people in the 25-34 age group)

But it seems like a hot system. Those demographics could shift as more young adults buy in and more parents buy for their kids come Christmas and birthdays

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

That's simultaneously an inherently biased look and yet exactly what I would expect of any brand new gaming console.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Rumour: More Details Surface on Mario & Rabbids Game – Titled Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

• The game will feature eight playable characters which include Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi. The other 4 characters aren’t disclosed.
  • Each character will wield their own sci-fi weapon like laser guns, arm cannons etc.
  • Apparently the characters aren’t controlled directly but rather controlled through what is dubbed a Tuttorio which is a small floating dish which guides the characters through the world.
  • The game is also said to feature co-op multiplayer.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/rumor-more-details-surface...

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FGPackers

This is really getting interesting. I look forward to E3 if they unveil it, maybe being the September game!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

JoyBoy

Ok so an update. It seems the Switch's Wifi is super uber duber weak. And I mean really really weak.
It seems I can't even put my console more than 1 foot away from my router. If I just move an inch further it will already weaken and my signal will vary constantly between 2 and 3. So all of this isn't a problem since I have the luxury to put my system very close to my router, but this does mean I can't game online in portable mode if I'm in another room or even just in the same room just a few feet away.

But still, I can finally watch video clips on the eshop when in docked mode without constant stuttering and loading. Amazing, right?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FGPackers

@Spanjard maybe this can be an issue with your internet because i play without problem both wired (through powerlines) and wifi (with 1/3 level and with router staying in another room). Yesterday i played the tournament both ways and really had no issue

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

JoyBoy

@FGPackers I don't have this issue with my Wii U though. Or any of my other devices for that matter. I need to be on my balcony on the other side of my apartment to notice decrease in wifi.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

rallydefault

@Spanjard
It is weird. I play my Switch over my house's wifi through numerous walls, outside in my yard, etc. with no issues. We're talking fully online matches in MK Deluxe with no issues.

rallydefault

LeRaposa

I see Emily Rogers is back to making things up again. One would think she would have stopped after the Switch presentation in January.

LeRaposa

IceClimbers

@LeRaposa Except she had a lot right about that presentation. She doesn't make stuff up.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Hyrule Warriors Super Legends featuring Skyward Sword and BotW maps and characters on top of all the 3DS content!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I'd welcome that as long as I can play as Prince Sidon.

Beyond that I'd expect another Fatal Frame, the next Dynasty Warriors, and maybe Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden. Oh, and DoA Xtreme.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

@Grumblevolcano and the return of Co op without the graphical loss that the wii u version suffered from! I really hope we see a hyrule warriors sequel. Or even another port, if it meant we got Co op back

TuVictus

JaxonH

rallydefault wrote:

@Spanjard
It is weird. I play my Switch over my house's wifi through numerous walls, outside in my yard, etc. with no issues. We're talking fully online matches in MK Deluxe with no issues.

So, the signal does seem to show weaker, and I can only get 2 bars even downstairs next to router. However, even upstairs in a corner room of the house, one bar is enough for flawless online play. So, it may say one bar, but the connection seems fine.

However, my phone's hotspot does tend to give 3 bars. I just use powerline adapters with Ethernet while docked to avoid running a cord through the house upstairs.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Ya they said they permanently embedded Switch into their multiplatform software, so they can program for one source and it outputs for all the platforms (sounds really cool how that's done- surely that's how a lot of big devs do it nowadays, then bug fix afterwards). Hopefully by fall more devs will consider embedding Switch unto their multiplat software so that every game automatically comes to Switch too.

rallydefault

@LeRaposa
Woof - no need to be so hyperbolic. She got some stuff wrong, but she got more right. It's not debatable that she has connections in the industry and does hear things. It's just like with anything, though, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic