Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,841 to 12,860 of 69,983

Octane

@Spoony_Tech I agree that MH is important for their hardware sales, but remember that even if it's multiplat, the Switch is still the only portable console. However, it's in Capcom's interest to make the game available to as many people possible.

I don't think the jump from 3DS to Switch is much different than from 3DS to PS4, both are huge jumps. And it's not like it needs to be Uncharted 5 in terms of visuals. PS4 shares quite some games with the Vita too, and the Switch is a lot closer to the PS4 in terms of hardware.

Octane

Octane

@Whitewatermoose Remake 2? It could be MH5. Could also be Deep Down, the trademark was renewed a few weeks ago, I could see that as an early 2018 game too.

Octane

Octane

@Whitewatermoose Last time I checked Sony was co-developing the game, so yeah, I think so.

And they haven't finished RE7 yet, there's still DLC coming, so I don't know if they're ready to announce a remake of 2 yet... But who knows if that's even a thing, it may not even happen at all.

Octane

DarkRula

skywake wrote:

I don't see how there's somehow a "history" to them keeping a generation to the same platform. Most of what we actually saw in the west was them taking a while to localise the games. Really we have one example of them actually doing this globally. We also have gen2 which started as playable on the original GB but the last one was only playable on the GBC.

You raise a good point with the gen 2 games, and we can only wait to see what happens, but unless either no main game is announced for this year or something gets announced for both 3DS and Switch, I'm not trusting the rumours.
Maybe that's all I'm really saying. However, I'm all for mainline Pokemon on the Switch.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH You'll be happy to know I tested out MK8 today on my sprint network. At first I kept getting communication errors for a couple trys. Then I was good with zero lag for 2 games there after. Took about .02 data of my 10 gigs.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Right on man...

Get suited up and decked out for Switch. Big hulking 26,800mAh USB-C Power Delivery battery that charges like 4% in 5 minutes while playing Zelda full brightness, good for minimum of 21 hrs straight of Zelda, hotspot set up for online gaming, tripod for charging in tabletop mode, Surge Joycon Grips for multiplayer with sideways Joycons... amiibo coins for scanning in the good stuff...

We're serious about our gaming on the go. Dead serious 😁

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JoyBoy

Okay, ppl going to kill me for saying this, but I never played Metal Slug, although I might have played it when I was young at a friends house because I do remember bits and pieces.

This game is awesome and especially so on the Switch. To play this on a portable and having coop on the go is such a blast. You don't quite get how amazing that is till you're actually doing it. Again, how did I miss this game? Doesn't matter, because the timing couldn't be better to play this.

Love the Switch man, so far it's my favourite concept of a console ever.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Grumblevolcano

In Mario Kart 8 Deluxe whenever you play as Bowser Jr. against CPUs, if Peach is one of the CPUs she's near Bowser Jr. most of the time. I wonder if Nintendo's planning to return to the Bowser Jr./Peach plot point from Sunshine in Super Mario Odyssey.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Just invested in a table stand for my Switch, a Pro Controller (arrives on Monday: fingers crossed that it has no issues!), a power bank to charge my Switch away from the dock, and, of course, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I am officially out of fun money for a good long while, so, until Splatoon 2 drops, my Switch is officially a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe machine. Which works fine for me: the game is insanely fun to play in short or long bursts, and this one also has a meaty set of battle modes to experience!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

meleebrawler

@Grumblevolcano Junior knows better now (heck, he kind of always did), but that doesn't mean he doesn't wish it was true. Apparently he still called her mama in Superstar Baseball.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

kkslider5552000

So, AFAIK, Super Bomberman R is outselling the Wii U version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

This perfectly sums up the difference between Wii U and Switch.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

@kkslider5552000
Dang, lol

But you gotta admit, Bomberman is way more of a fit on a Nintendo machine than any CoD.

At any rate, that is interesting.

But as I was playing MK Deluxe tonight, it really did occur to me: Nintendo can get "back in it" with this machine, but they're gonna need third party help. Hopefully the install base is nice and healthy by the holidays and we get some of the third parties porting over some of their more well-known franchises.

rallydefault

JoyBoy

Is there something I can do to improve my multiplayer experience? I never have had this much issues with connecting to matches online. I've had like maybe 1.5 hours of it working but after a while I was never able to connect again. I remember with the splatoon 2 test fire I couldn't play for more than 5 sec... I never had this problem on the Wii U.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
I played testfire for Splatoon 2 once using hotspot and had no issues and once with home wifi and had no issues, and now just played MK8 Deluxe online with friends all morning, again no issues. In fact it's been flawless, every time. I did wire up with a LAN adapter and powerline AC adapters before MK8D released though.

I would recommend getting a LAN adapter and powerline AC adapters. You plug one powerline adapter into an AC outlet near your modem/router and connect it with Ethernet, then plug the other in an AC outlet near your Switch. Connect it to Switch with Ethernet just like you did the other to the router.

Could also test with your phone's hotspot to see if it is indeed your wireless connection that's the problem.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

-Green-

Apparently, the Mario X Rabbids Rumour is resurfacing again. At least according to Gamexplain, since I haven't really looked into. I can't see myself actually enjoying it if it is real, just because of how much I dislike everything about the Rabbid fellas.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic