Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,761 to 12,780 of 69,962

Spoony_Tech

@TromboneGamer I always hated that. Why wait so long to say anything. Announce it early enough so people can decide which system they will pick it up on.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech I think it may have been part of the timed exclusivity deal with Microsoft/Sony (Microsoft had exclusivity 2009-2014, Sony has exclusivity 2015-current) because if people end up choosing Nintendo over 1 month exclusivity then Microsoft/Sony would've been in big trouble on the hardware front.

Given what the Switch brings to gaming, Sony would want to block any chance of it eating into PS4 sales caused by it becoming the definitive console to play CoD even with the exclusivity present.

If you think this sounds unrealistic, remember that Sony so far has blocked Microsoft from implementing cross-play between PS4 and XB1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@TromboneGamer That makes no sense whatsoever. There's no conspiracy, it's not coming to the Switch.

@Grumblevolcano They don't have exclusivity over the announcement. Besides, it got announced for both PS4 and Xbox One at the same time.

Octane

TromboneGamer

@Octane Whoa dude I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. I'm not even saying the game will come to Switch. But, what I did say has basis. I played every CoD that came to the Wii (except 3) and at the very least when it came to Modern Warfare Reflex Edition and MW3 there was no official announcement of the Wii versions until longer after E3. Even before the Wii U came out there was no mention of Black Ops 2 coming to the system until Nintendo held their weird 3rd Party games presentation in like September(?) that year.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Back to the earlier discussion about playing online with mobile hotspots that @JaxonH started. It's totally feasible, look at this video of MK8 Deluxe being played online!

Very impressive and you can imagine the possibilities, not just about first party games like MK8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 but it would also add huge meaning if games like CoD and Overwatch appeared provided the community was big enough.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@TromboneGamer Yeah, but that was the Wii, and that was 5/10 years ago. What would be the reason to withhold a Switch reveal now? I certainly can't think of any.

Octane

TromboneGamer

@Octane Call of Duty Ghosts wasn't confirmed for the Wii U until Nintendo made a tweet confirming it around September 2013. The Wii U wasn't exactly doing great during the months inbetween so maybe that was a factor. Now, the Switch seems to be in high demand more than a month out from launch which bodes well in comparison so why would they withhold a reveal? I don't know. Why, when the Wii was so popular, would they not confirm their games for it until much later? Perhaps, because it was better to reveal the games at a point where they could comfortably post screens and footage to the people who cared. If they advertise that the game is coming to a system, but the footage doesn't represent every version people will be mislead and others would simply spam twitter accounts to see the Nintendo version. So my best guess would be that Activision is worried about damage control. For whatever reason there just isn't any transparency with Call of Duty and Nintendo. It's stupid, but it's been that way for a very long time now.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

rallydefault

Personally, I don't think this CoD is coming to Switch. I think it's too soon. They probably didn't have enough time to even consider developing it for the platform.

But as @TromboneGamer is pointing out, there is history for a Nintendo version to be announced after the fact. You can turn your nose up at that as much as you want, but the history is there. We'll have to wait and see.

rallydefault

Luna_110

While it would be great that Battlefront came to the Switch, EA won't put up the cost of a port unless they are completely sure the Switch is selling like hot cakes, and even then, I'm pretty sure they would try to publish more shovelware than AAA.
Battlefront is a graphics intensive game - I don't know if the Switch is capable of running it, which is other good point.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

Wow. This is awesome!

So, apparently you don't need to "initialize" a system and wipe the other when switching systems to play your games. All you do is link your Nintendo Account to a new or existing user account on a second Switch (and there's no limit to how many Switches can have user accounts linked to your Nintendo Account). Then, I simply launch the eShop in Switch A and select "deactivate". Then I launch the eShop on Switch B and it automatically activates as the "Active Console". Bam. Play games. Will need to download them all the first time, but after that they stay there, and on your first console, so you can simply switch at will whenever you want within seconds- only thing you can't do is actually play eShop games tied to your account on both systems simultaneously.

This rocks!

@Grumblevolcano
Wow, great video. I've been saying hotspot is 100% viable- hopefully the word spreads now that GameXplain is announcing it from a megaphone. They said they were using T-mobile, and I use Verizon... that's at least 2 carriers confirmed working. I know ping can be higher and all, but 4G hotspot, realistically, is probably no worse than normal wireless in most cases. Which ya, wired is better, but it's good enough to use... especially for Nintendo games (it's not like CoD deathmatch where people are counting single frame drops and measuring lag times- most online with Nintendo is good ole fun- Mario Kart, Splatoon, Monster Hunter, even Puyo Puyo or Fast RMX... it's not gonna matter).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

Has there been a single retail game announced as coming to Switch outside the presentation or the last Direct?I can't think of any.I said at the time of the last Direct that I think Nintendo are wanting to control when and where games are announced for Switch.There might not be much already announced big 3rd party titles but what we do know of,we haven't even seen any proper footage of yet.I think Nintendo are saving their proper reveals for E3.Add on a few more 3rd party titles we don't know about including whatever Ubisoft is working on,then they can dedicate a good section of their E3 show to them.Plus games like Skyrim,FIFA,NBA 2k,Steep will be available just 2 or 3 months after they've been shown off.With ARMS releasing right after E3,Splatoon 2 a month later then a slew of 3rd party titles in the weeks after,the hype around Switch from E3 onwards is going to be huge.It might be a slow start gameswise but from June onwards it's going to be full on.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

JaxonH

@OorWullie
Right.

People always question Nintendo but, they know what they're doing. And it's the right move.

Because obviously not nearly as many 3rd party games will come to Switch, so you don't make the same mistake they made in Jan 2013 showing their hand early. Nope. They bide their time, sell the system on the presentation and current lineup alone, get people accustomed to it and warming up to it on what it has alone, and then coming in with all the announcements at e3 to really drive it home.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Speaking of games that won't be coming to the Switch, Call of Duty: WWII isn't happening after its worldwide reveal about twenty minutes ago... but we all expected that, right?

Well I thought it was very possible given the Wii U precedent. The Switch has a lot more going for it in terms of this sort of game than the Wii U had. On some levels at least. Though maybe they're a bit burned on Nintendo after the Wii U. Either way, I don't particularly care and wasn't going to buy CoD even if it did appear on Switch. I have zero interest in the series.

With that said, the FFVII remake? Again I am not personally interested in that game much because I wasn't a Playstation kid. But if there's one platform that game should be on its the Switch. The Switch is the console of choice for time-poor thirty somethings. It's the ideal gaming machine for that demographic. So what better game to exist on it than a 20 year old game that's selling itself mostly on nostalgia?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

@skywake I want it to happen just for the irony. Final Fantasy (well, main entries anyways) left Nintendo platforms with FFVII because of cartridges, only to return to Nintendo platforms with FFVII on a platform that uses cartridges.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

skywake

@IceClimbers
Well that by itself isn't irony but them doing that could be ironic from certain angles. For example if they release it on Switch and people praise the advantages of the Switch version because it's on a cartridge. Or if it releases on both PS4 and Switch and the Switch version sells better. Or if the Switch version is regarded as the definitive edition of the game.

edit:
On a completely unrelated note April this year is one year since My Nintendo launched. So because gold coin rewards now expire after 12 months? This weekend the first batch of My Nintendo gold coins will be expiring. So you should probably use them now if you have a whole bunch expiring. Well, if there is anything worth getting on My Nintendo. Still no Switch rewards. I just spent 30 gold coins on a 3DS theme and a PDF.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Peek-a-boo

skywake wrote:

But if there's one platform that game should be on its the Switch. The Switch is the console of choice for time-poor thirty somethings. It's the ideal gaming machine for that demographic. So what better game to exist on it than a 20 year old game that's selling itself mostly on nostalgia?

I agree with a lot of things you say, but not this. 'Time poor' or not, Final Fantasy VII is a PlayStation game.

Final Fantasy VII along with the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Spyro the Dragon, Tekken and Tomb Raider were the defining games of the PSone era, and everybody associates those games with the PlayStation.

The perfect place for Final Fantasy VII to be is on the PlayStation 4, where all its fans are. Go ahead and (re)watch that Final Fantasy VII reveal at E3 in 2015. Everyone in the theatre went bananas!

It's like you saying Final Fantasy VI is perfect on the PlayStation 4, which I would disagree with. That game is known and loved by those who were around in the SNES era, therefore it makes sense to be on the Switch. I'd love Square Enix to make this happen, as I feel like the time is right for a FFVI remake/remaster.

And besides, as someone who regards the game to be the greatest of all time, Final Fantasy VII deserves to be shown in its best possible light, not on something that would significantly hold that vision back.

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic