Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,741 to 12,760 of 69,991

Octane

@FGPackers Scorpio doesn't get exclusives. All things point to a PC version at a later date. Even if the Switch gets a port at a later date, why show it now at E3, when the PS4 version is still a year away, and the Switch port even later than that. I've seen too many rumours turn out to be false, so I'm not buying this one.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@FGPackers I doubt it, Microsoft has been very clear on the "No one gets left behind" approach for Scorpio so FFVII Remake being on Scorpio but not XB1 would make their reputation drop to Don Mattrick 2013 levels which could potentially kill the Xbox brand completely. If it's coming to Xbox at all, it'll be both Scorpio and XB1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

It's believable in that Square has already stated a strong intent to support Switch as a priority over Scorpio, and bringing more of the games that they "are known for" (I.E. RPGs), however, we don't know it's not even PS4 exclusive at this point. It it goes to X1, Switch is likely (as it would actually sell copies in Japan unlike X1), but if it's a PS4/PC exclusive, than now.

(Wouldn't that be funny if it went to PC since it took YEARS to get that for the original FF7?)

NEStalgia

Ralizah

I fully expect PC will get FF7:R before other non-PS4 platforms, at least in the West.

Also, unless the Switch becomes a sales sensation on the level of the original Wii, I don't expect companies will bother downgrading their big AAA games to run on the Switch, so I won't hold my breath for FF7:R.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

mav-i-am

Ralizah wrote:

, I don't expect companies will bother downgrading their big AAA games to run on the Switch, so I won't hold my breath for FF7:R.

You think they would need to downgrade it?

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

LeRaposa

Unless other platforms are announced then FFVII R is a PS4 exclusive.

LeRaposa

Peek-a-boo

@mav-i-am Because expecting PlayStation 4-esque visuals on the Switch is totally realistic, right?

Speaking of games that won't be coming to the Switch, Call of Duty: WWII isn't happening after its worldwide reveal about twenty minutes ago... but we all expected that, right?

Peek-a-boo

LeRaposa

Call of Duty officially not coming to Switch.

LeRaposa

Skid

@Whitewatermoose Where are you hearing these rumors that they are?

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Octane

@Whitewatermoose What article? Please post links when you're posting unfounded rumours.

Anyway, it's not happening. If it didn't happen today, why would it happen at E3? That makes no sense.

Octane

BigBadJohn

I've heard a rumour that GTA6 is going to be a Switch exclusive. At least that's what my Nan said.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Skid

@Whitewatermoose Is it this guy? @ ___AUG___
Because that is all I'm finding on it and I'm not trusting some rando with 147 follower. : P

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

NEStalgia

@Whitewatermoose COD symbolized third party support on WiiU for two years....didn't help much.

I do still think it might happen, just because it's a franchsie with the budget to make it happen and good will between the companies to make it happen. But I think "we need COD on all 4 platforms + mobile" is 7th gen thinking in a 9th gen world. Nintendo (in light of the indie debacle) seems to be going far out of their way to present Switch as "this is something entirely different, from the ground up."

Right now the other systems are the cool kids. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. If you can't join 'em, give 'em the finger and and start an anime club.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose By giving the example of Black Ops 3 I was just making this thread aware that it isn't a confirmation, it could go either way. CoD on Switch this year along with other key big 3rd party titles would of course help the Switch but we'll just have to wait and see.

I definitely think Smash will be 2017, most likely September/October with some way of supporting GC controllers (maybe GC joycons to embrace the play anywhere experience more or something as simple as making the GC adapter released in 2014 compatible with Switch). While it may hurt ARMS, announcing Smash at E3 irrelevant of release date would do that same potential damage as ARMS releases the Friday of E3 week so it becomes more a concept of "Is the fall/holiday lineup good enough on the first party front?" So far we know Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not convinced about a 2017 release for that) so there's bound to be E3 announcements filling those final few months some more.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Whitewatermoose Definitely. I think Nintendo right now needs to do two things. First is figure out INTERNALLY what the Switch objectives are. They seem to oscillate between emphasizing the hybrid and emphasizing the unique motion/multiplayer play. Ideally it can be both, but they need to internally accept that in their messaging. They do seem to understand the evergreen outlook, and are working on that, but I think almost too much so. That's a good start, but it becomes a niche system that way as well .It excells at impromptu/local multiplayer with evergreen games. But the other place that the hybrid really shines is BIG games. Sandboxes like Zelda/Skyrim and big RPGs. Games you pick up and play for long durations rather than snacking on it for a week or two. Nintendo's kind of owned much of that category via the handhelds, but the Switch is the first time they can really leap into that format with the kinds of RPGs that consoles get. With a mix of huge RPGs & sandboxes + the evergreen multiplayer titles + pick up and play type indies it could be ideal for everything BUT the 10 hour disposable movie games the other platforms dominate. I know some are dismissing the FF7 rumors, and knowing Square, probably rightly so, but I think the platform going forward will be ideal for those kinds of games, but the audience and producers have to align to make it happen. Nintendo seems to be aware of all that, but they do tend to insert their foot pretty far just when they have a good position, so I cautiously watch

I completely agree about some strategic announcements at that time. I think Ubi will do it because they always take that risk despite playing cautious so far. We still haven't heard from 2K and Projekt, both with pledged support.

Though judging from the fact that the only time you see a Switch is from scalpers after each wave sells out before they're listed, I'm not sure Switch needs much help in the consumer confidence department. It seems to be hitting a lot of pent up demand the internet tells us isn't supposed to exist

NEStalgia

TromboneGamer

@Octane Activision very rarely announces whether or not CoD games are coming to a Nintendo system. Ever since the Wii they've kept quiet for months after the initial reveal to say anything about a port.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic