Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,721 to 12,740 of 69,962

ValhallaOutcast

@Peek-a-boo agreed but I wonder if its due to the Switch being still new, we are talking about games that have been in development for years and the devs would not have had the switch to make it work on it, I think most games released this year wont have time to be on switch the same date as the other platforms

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

NEStalgia

@JoeDiddley E3 2014 was great because it borrowed the games that were meant for E32015 and E32016 and showed them all at once. Sony did a similar thing for 2016. It was "great" but guaranteed the following year or two would be bland.

For E3 2017, if they're not borrowing the E3 2018 lineup so that next year sucks I think it will be good and there will be some amount of surprises, but MOST of it will be filling in details on things we already know about. Remember Nintendo gave us E3 early, in January for the Switch special presentation.

I do think it will be a great E3 finding out a lot more about upcoming games we only know a little about, and some surprise, but I wouldn't expect surprise blow-out after surprise blow-out. We already know the heavy hitters (or most of them) coming out through 2017 into 2018, and I'm not sure they'll dip too far past, say, next March or so looking ahead.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@Peek-a-boo they could always port it later. I mean look at how many times UMvC3 got kicked around (just got the PC version yeaaaaah). Also come on, that isn't a fair statement about SFII. SFII hasn't been the same old game with all the revisions. HD Remix is based on Super Turbo (rather than HF...and HF players are STILL salty about that), so I am assuming (I've been on radio silence aside from the inadequate info on NL) USFIIHD is as well. BUT they are doing tech throws...which you know (you said you are a SF fan so I'm assuming) changes things quite a bit especially for Ken and Blanka players as throw loops are OVER (I'm hoping). Plus Akuma from the get go and Evil Ryu are always good for a change. Not sure what they are going to do with VK since he was only in SVC Chaos earlier... I just hope he has a good footsie game. I'm treating first person mode like virtua cop or time crisis. So I don't have a lot to add to that.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

dumedum

@Peek-a-boo there really aren't any much signs to point to any direction. Regardless of how you feel about this game for the Switch, it just doesn't make sense to announce the other, it will kill this completely to many customers.

@Ryu_Niiyama agreed. While I usually don't expect any 3rd party multiplatform game to come to Nintendo and I don't care either, I think chances are good here, since Marvel also likes to have portable versions on its games, even on 3DS and Vita in the past. It's where Switch shines and makes it itself unique, especially if it's selling hot in Japan (at the very least) etc.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

NEStalgia

I'm hopeless. I actually ordered the physical version of SFII now that it's back in pre-order stock. Why am I even doing that I have sucked at SF since the arcade. Why am I buying this game?!? And yet...I feel compelled....it just seems right on Switch for some reason. And for some reason must be physical even though that makes no sense and will rarely be played

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I'll play you. It will be fine. Shhhhhh, buy the game.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama If I want to be abused until I'm a battered and broken shell, I'll buy 3D Sonic games, thankyouverymuch

NEStalgia

Peek-a-boo

@dumedum Fair enough. I would personally like to see Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite on the Switch however, after two official announcements from Capcom themselves, the Switch isn't mentioned amongst other platforms.

@Ryu_Niiyama Big Street Fighter fan here; always been more of an Alpha/Zero and Third Strike guy compared to II and IV. I really like V, but the newcomers and casual fighting fans have more or less deserted the scene, and is an extremely competitive circuit when you play online these days...

Not overly fussed about the little changes here and there in the new version of Super Street Fighter II.

I have poured hundreds of hours into that game, and it just doesn't do much for me anymore so, whilst I am pleased to see a considerable amount of excitement for the game (on the Switch), I feel like I have 'been there, done that' with Super Street Fighter II more times than I care to count over the years.

I hope you have fun though!

Peek-a-boo

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia What? I don't do that! Seriously I game to have fun not beat down people...unless it is a tourney. Or my brother, but he headshots me in COD so that is fair. Besides, it will be like playing with country hams attached to my hands until that HRAP comes out...or I get ticked and try to pad hack a pro controller... Also 3D Sonic doesn't beat you up; it just immolates your soul.

@Peek-a-boo I adore 3rd strike (although I played a ton of second impact back in the day...I sorta like it better because I of the changes to Yun and Yang between it and the first game) ! One day I will have a decent wake up game with Chun-li ....likely not. IV was was 2.5 really and I am NOT liking second season of V. Why you hit my Ryu with a Nerf stick Capcom?! Super Turbo not New Challengers was SFIIHDR's base (and again I'm assuming USFIIHDR...that is a really long acronym). Although the speed looks like NC so you might be right.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Grumblevolcano

F-Zero may be taken down by Rainbow Road twice

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

I think for some games it does make logical sense that a Switch version just isn't possible due to development being underway well before Switch kits were out there. A Switch version could happen later. I could see this being the case with the Marvel v Capcom game.

But again, stuff like Destiny 2 and the new Shadow of Mordor? Nope. I just don't ever see stuff like that happening on Switch. (Well, MAYBE stuff like Shadow of Mordor if the Switch sells insanely well over a couple years.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Rumour has it that Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be announced for Switch at E3.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FGPackers

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Rumour has it that Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be announced for Switch at E3.

OMG i can't handle all this E3 teases!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Spoony_Tech

I'm so sick of rumors. So many haven't panned out from the Switch reveal (at least so far) that I'll only believe obvious ones like Monster Hunter coming to Switch.

No more rumors and only facts people!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

It would be ironic that Square and Final Fantasy left because of cartridges on Nintendo's home console, only for it then to return to the Switch that's reintroduced cartridges.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FGPackers

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

It would be ironic that Square and Final Fantasy left because of cartridges on Nintendo's home console, only for it then to return to the Switch that's reintroduced cartridges.

Oh LOL, that would be really funny!

FGPackers

Spoony_Tech

Give me a mainline game and then that would be true.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

Even Xbox One isn't getting the FF7 remake... So I doubt it.

Octane

FGPackers

Octane wrote:

Even Xbox One isn't getting the FF7 remake... So I doubt it.

Couldn't it be moved to Scorpio (maybe on a MS request...), with another big E3 announcement for both systems? I don't know, just wondering...also because the first announcement said "play it BEFORE on PS4"...

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic