Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 12,001 to 12,020 of 69,952

Spoony_Tech

The only negative I can think of right now is not having an additional charging port on the top of the system. When playing in handheld mode charging on the bottom while sitting isn't convenient at all.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BigBadJohn

I know this is a Nintendo site so I'll keep the fanaticism to a minimum but the more I play the Switch the more amazing it feels. Don't get me wrong I know it has its limitations in terms of power and (at the moment) third party support but I can't imagine myself having this much fun with any other console. The flexibility of this thing just makes using it so pleasurable. Give me some more games and I might give it the "BigBadJohn Greatest Console" badge.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

FGPackers

@BigBadJohn it's not fanaticism buddy. It's called passion & love for a great system, like Switch is!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

BigBadJohn

@FGPackers Well I'm approaching the 100 hour mark on Zelda and I feel there's still loads to do. I have a full time job and a happy marriage (Until she realises how much I've spent on the Switch) so how the heck have I managed to fit in so much time on this game? I'm sure at sometime I must have slept as well. The flexibility of the system has meant that I can just pick it up and have a quick blast whenever and indeed wherever I want. I think both Sony and Microsoft need to take a long look at this thing because this is how consoles should be made.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Haruki_NLI

I had a terrible epiphany about the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild today, and why I'm not going to Hyrule Castle.

I don't want to finish this game.

I can count how many times that's happened on one hand. Ratchet and Clank 2, Sonic Colours, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

What is this game. Why has the Switch given me something I've sunk....it says 110 hours or more....on the day it came out, when other systems took their sweet time? And why has Nintendo done this to me three systems in a row

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

I think provided E3 is fantastic, I will be using Switch a huge amount this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BigBadJohn

@BLP_Software Hey that's what I'm doing. Theoretically I've done everything I need to do to complete the game but I cant bring myself to do it. Don't get me wrong I ain't going after all them kurok seeds but Im trying to finish every side quest, I'm addicted, I have a problem.

SW-5512-0541-9236

rallydefault

@BLP_Software
It really is one of the best games I've ever played.

My advice: Honestly, don't do Hyrule Castle until you are absolutely sure you don't want to do anything else. I can speak from experience that after you beat it, you're a little less motivated to go back. I DID go back, and now I'm 100% into it again, but it took a few hours until it hooked me again. Getting all the beast and memories is a no-brainer, but if you want all the shrines, do it first. Heck, if you're insane and want to get all the Korok seeds, I would do that, too.

Well... maybe not the Korok seeds lol Still not sure if I want to drive myself that crazy.

rallydefault

Haruki_NLI

@BigBadJohn @rallydefault I'm doing everything. All shrines and beasts done. Working down the seeds.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

@BLP_Software
Woo, good luck, man! My goal is to wrap up the shrines this week. Then, for the seeds. I don't know haha. I'll give it a shot until Mario Kart comes out.

rallydefault

KirbyTheVampire

I wish I had waited to go to the castle. I'm a lot less motivated to play the game now. I'm still gonna play, since there are areas of the map that I haven't fully explored yet, but I don't think I'll 100% the game, especially not the Korok seeds, since there are way too many. I'll explore as much as I can, complete the shrine quests that interest me, finish the side quests that aren't totally boring, and then I'll probably call it quits. I kinda doubt it'll be enough to get me to MK8D's release, so I'll probably continue Uncharted 1 and maybe Final Fantasy 15, if I can bring myself to start playing that game again.

Definitely a really good game. I'm curious to see where they take the Zelda series from here.

KirbyTheVampire

DarkRula

Gotta say I have absolutely been loving Breath of the Wild, and think I've had sixty hours on it so far. Almost to Hyrule Castle, with only one more Beast to beat. Depending on if the loading issues are fixed on LEGO City Undercover for Switch, I might be getting it, so if I do it'll be finishing up with Breath of the Wild and my first Zelda game complete.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
That's actually a brilliant idea. I had thought previously "well, they had to put it on the bottom cause of the dock" but now that you mention it, maybe an extra port could go on top. They'd have to ensure you can't double charge it though so it doesn't fry (USB C may automatically regulate current for all I know) but ya, that would be cool. And solve the issue of charging in tabletop mode.

@BigBadJohn
The flexibility of this thing just makes using it so pleasurable. Give me some more games and I might give it the "BigBadJohn Greatest Console" badge

That's... what I've been feeling, but couldn't figure out how to word it. Yes. So much this. The Switch is just such a darn cool device it's fun just holding the thing. Games automatically become 2 points out of 10 funner just being on Switch as opposed to other consoles. Idk, it's weird, but it's true. I just love playing the thing. First time I've ever owned a console that actually made games funner to play simply by virtue of being on the console

I can't wait to be playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Arms and Splatoon 2... and Fire Emblem Warriors and Skyrim and Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey... and Dragon Quest XI and Fire Emblem Switch and Shin Megami Tensei... even Disgaea 5 and Sonic Mania and Ultra Street Fighter II and Rime... Zelda is just the beginning!

Untitledpicture uploading

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NaviAndMii

BLP_Software wrote:

@BigBadJohn @rallydefault I'm doing everything. All shrines and beasts done. Working down the seeds.

Wow! ..the seeds may be a little beyond me - I've found less than 100 of the 900 out there (a dauntingly high number!) - great effort if you find them all! ..I'm totally with you though - I haven't even done a dungeon yet after 65+ hours, let alone approached Hyrule Castle, all because I want to drag this experience out for as long as possible!

(p.s.@BLP_Software ..you loved Sonic Colours? Me too! Great game! ..I think it found a really nice balance between classic and modern - and felt like a welcome fresh, new twist on the Sonic formula - kind of seemed to go under the radar at the time...nice to know someone else appreciated it!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

There's an advert I've seen a few times this last week on Astro Supersport (English speaking Malaysian sports channel) for their new Esports coverage.It's only on for about 10 seconds but it shows the Switch twice,some Arms footage and even Reggie makes a brief appearance in it,mixed in with some League of Legends.Esports are massive here in SE Asia.If it features regularly on the new show,that could be huge for the Switch.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nicolai

BLP_Software wrote:

And why has Nintendo done this to me three systems in a row

I have to ask, what Wii U game did you play for more than 100 hours the first few weeks the Wii U was out?

rallydefault wrote:

Honestly, don't do Hyrule Castle until you are absolutely sure you don't want to do anything else. I can speak from experience that after you beat it, you're a little less motivated to go back.

@rallydefault, @KirbyTheVampire, I have to disagree. Though maybe it's because Botw is my only switch game right now. I'm certainly playing it a little less now that I'm revisiting Splatoon, but I'm still probably playing Zelda at least an hour a day, looking for things I've missed.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

skywake

I for one did not stop playing BotH after taking on Gabon. I had one goal before taking him on, I beat the Beasts and got enough hearts to get the Sword. But after? I just kept exploring.

The only thing slowing me down is that now I've got enough shrines that I'm not getting one every play session now.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

KirbyTheVampire

@Nicolaison It's my only Switch game too, but now that I know what happens at the end, I'm less motivated to keep doing shrines and side quests and such because the sense of purpose while doing so is gone. It's a stupid feeling, since it's just a game and there's really no purpose in playing it at all aside from entertainment, but oh well. I'm still having fun, but now it's more of a jolly trip across the countryside solving puzzles and helping people with their quest to find 10 mushrooms/flint/bundles of wood etc etc along the way than it is an epic quest to save Hyrule like it was before.

KirbyTheVampire

OorWullie

I had a look at my activity log earlier and it seems I've played much more BotW than I thought I had.I had a mammoth session earlier and thought it'd be around 110 hours.I was wrong by 55 hours

So 165 hours in and I've still got so much more to do.I've only done one Divine Beast and still have 1/3 of the map to open up.Reading you guys saying you're nearly done and just have the Korok seeds to collect,shows just how much mucking about I've done.I'm having a great time though so I'm not going to change how I'm playing it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic