Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,801 to 11,820 of 69,964

DefHalan

@skywake they certainly have the people, the talent, and the money but where are the games? It seems like we went through droughts of Wii U for nothing.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

@JaxonH does Nintendo produce as many games as Microsoft or Sony a year? I don't know, I haven't looked it up.

From metacritic's numbers of published games over the last 6 years? On an average year Microsoft publishes 21 games, Sony publishes 32 games and Nintendo publishes 34. But bare in mind that this is games published and it includes any platform and any sized game. But in general Nintendo does produce a pretty large volume of content.

DefHalan wrote:

@skywake they certainly have the people, the talent, and the money but where are the games? It seems like we went through droughts of Wii U for nothing.

Well we only really know about games scheduled for the first half of this year. Super Mario Odyssey excluded obviously. And if you do what I did on the previous page and list what Nintendo published Wii U games finished development recently and line them up with the list of confirmed titles? There are about 7 major development teams that are unaccounted for. Some of them have been quiet for years. This is excluding the potential for 3DS teams to shift over, which is likely.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rallydefault

@DefHalan
Dude, you're unreasonable. I said it.

What are you even comparing Nintendo to? Because no other video game company, even a third party like Ubisoft, is pumping out games as fast as Nintendo right now. Zelda (MASSIVE game, too) - ARMS - Mario Kart Deluxe - Snipperclips (technically) - Splatoon 2 all within the launch window. And then, in the Fall you have Fire Emblem Warriors (some would still consider that launch window, actually), and Holiday/shortly after you have Mario Odyssey.

I mean, pardon my French, but what in God's name more do you want from a single publisher in 6 months' time, man?

rallydefault

FGPackers

rallydefault wrote:

@DefHalan
Dude, you're unreasonable. I said it.

What are you even comparing Nintendo to? Because no other video game company, even a third party like Ubisoft, is pumping out games as fast as Nintendo right now. Zelda (MASSIVE game, too) - ARMS - Mario Kart Deluxe - Snipperclips (technically) - Splatoon 2 all within the launch window. And then, in the Fall you have Fire Emblem Warriors (some would still consider that launch window, actually), and Holiday/shortly after you have Mario Odyssey.

I mean, pardon my French, but what in God's name more do you want from a single publisher in 6 months' time, man?

Don't forget Xenoblade 2, it can be the bigger one after Zelda

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

Amazon Spain is listing ARMS for June 23rd release, if that's the case, it's a month later than I expected but on the other hand makes the Splatoon 2 August release idea make more sense.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Azooooz

@Grumblevolcano June isn't spring, so this list is obviously wrong.

I say wait till April to find out.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Lethal

martinskrtel37 wrote:

the dock isn't scratching the screen.... YOU ARE. people must be sliding it out on an angle or something. just lift it up and out, horizontally, without scraping the front (don't lean it forwards when pulling just normally pull UP) and you'll be fine. i have ONE tiny hairline scratch that i can't even see without really looking. can't people just slide it out normally

Wrong answer buddy. When the internet is literally filled with complaints about the dock scratching the screen, well then there is a problem. My screen has a lot of scratches and I know how to lift up and down.

Don't be one of the stupid fanboys that think Nintendo can do no wrong. This is a flaw that needs to be rectified.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

96OopAmgems

I will skip the switch unfortunatly. I want it to be a success but a huge let down for me is that it does not have a proper achievement system and you are forced to use the app to chat and talk to your friends. If those two things change in future though then I will gladly spend my money on it.

96OopAmgems

StuTwo

skywake wrote:

New SMB U -> Probably split between other Wii U games

Don't quote me on this (because I'm not 100% certain where I originally saw it) but I thought the NSMB team went on to make Mario Maker.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

NaviAndMii

@Smegmapoo69
Xbox/PlayStation/Steam: Earn achievements that have absolutely no value
Switch*: Earn MyNintendo points, use those points to get rewards (in-game content, themes, mini-guides etc.)
...I know which system I prefer!
*Coming soon

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Lethal

NaviAndMii wrote:

@Smegmapoo69
Xbox/PlayStation/Steam: Earn achievements that have absolutely no value
Switch*: Earn MyNintendo points, use those points to get rewards (in-game content, themes, mini-guides etc.)
...I know which system I prefer!
*Coming soon

Trophies/achievements are great. They add extra incentives for playing games longer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. I love being challenged and some trophies/achievements can add some really good challenges to the game.

I also would have missed out on some really great games if not for these trophies. I love collecting trophies and I have purchased a few games just to get the trophies and found out the games were actually really good.

So do not knock something because you have no interest in it. Something with no value to you can easily hold value for others.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Azooooz

@Lethal Sometimes it's buggy too. I remember playing Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time on PS3, and I was one trophy away from platinum, which is completing the game on hard difficulty. I did so, but the achievement isn't being recognized.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NaviAndMii

@Lethal What I mean is, they have no tangible value - I agree that they have merit...but nothing substantial.

eg. MyNintendo points can currently be earned by playing Nintendo's mobile games (they'll roll this out for Switch 'soon') - as you can see in the image below, they kind of work like trophies/achievements etc (eg. Clear World 1, +50) ..some can even be earned multiple times

Untitled

...you can then 'redeem' (spend) MyNintendo points to get yourself some rewards (themes, discounts, in-game items etc.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the achievement system - I too have done some trophy chasing in my time! (on GTAV, if there was online maintenance, I could drop back in to the single player and had extra goals to chase - it was cool) ...but the trophies themselves are worthless - I'd much prefer it if a platinum trophy could earn me some platinum content of some sort, that's all ...whereas on the Switch, the points DO have value - the slight draw back is that it looks like only certain games will be supported (Pokémon Go on mobile, for example, isn't supported) ..but, on balance, I personally prefer the look of what Nintendo is looking to roll out - if anything, I think it'll give me even more incentive to keep playing than my PS trophies do.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

96OopAmgems

@NaviAndMii I do know where you are coming from. But when is soon? I will buy the switch then they use the MyNintendo coins as achievements as they do in their mobile games already. HOWEVER, those MyNintendo Coins dont really have significant value as of right now because lets face it, most rewards you can get from them kinda suck. I For Example dont care for Miitomo Clothing and on the other hand the discounts for games are timed, which sucks to be honest. Most games I can get a discount now, I already own and I do not get my money back if I would purchase a discount afterwards. On top of that what good is this "Achievement system" when you lose your points after a while? Which happens to me all the time because there is nothing I want from My Nintendo as of right now.

Edit: Also please remember that not having an achievement system was not my only complaint. I also said that I really dislike that you are forced to use an app on a second device to write and talk to your Friends. I really hope nintendo will come up with a Solution for this.

Edited on by 96OopAmgems

96OopAmgems

NaviAndMii

@Smegmapoo69 Yeah, you make some good points The fact that it looks like only select titles will be supported - and the fact that your points expire - aren't great! ..we'll have a better idea how robust it'll be when it finally rolls out (soon! ) - maybe it'll evolve in to something more substantial over time? ..or maybe the Xbox achievement/PS trophy system will?? ..I just prefer the concept of being able to use points I earn to get a reward - how good this system will actually be is up to Nintendo!

...personally, I do like the look of the 3DS themes you can get as rewards - but my preference would be for some physical rewards going forward. With the old system, my girlfriend managed to save enough points to get a plushie and a really nice looking 3DS case through the post - that was cool - something similar with MyNintendo points would be great! **I can dream!**

(p.s. I agree with you about the phone thing as well - it doesn't seem like the 'elegant solution' Reggie claims it is...I'd say the headphone-jack in my PS4's DualShock controller is far more elegant personally! - but, again, I'll reserve judgement until I actually see how it works )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

skywake

StuTwo wrote:

skywake wrote:

New SMB U -> Probably split between other Wii U games

Don't quote me on this (because I'm not 100% certain where I originally saw it) but I thought the NSMB team went on to make Mario Maker.

Well Nintendo did have a reshuffle but if I was to guess....
EAD 1: Mario Kart 7 -> Mario Kart 8 -> ~reshuffle~ -> Mario Kart 8 Deluxe/Arms
EAD 2: Animal Crossing New Leaf/Nintendo Land -> Splatoon -> ~reshuffle~ -> Splatoon 2
EAD 3: Skyward Sword -> Wind Waker HD -> A Link Between Worlds -> ~reshuffle~ -> Breath of the Wild
EAD 4: New SMB U/New SMB 2/Pikmin 3 -> Super Mario Maker -> ~reshuffle~ -> ???
EAD T: 3D Land -> 3D World -> Captain Toad -> ~reshuffle~ -> Super Mario Odyssey

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NaviAndMii

@Nintenerdguy I've been doing some research in to this myself...it looks like the Elgato HD60 might be the way to go - routed through a computer I don't think it comes with any broadcasting software mind - but there are free options on the net you can find - eg. OBS (on Windows at least, I assume the same can be said for Mac)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Haruki_NLI

@NaviAndMii Elgato comes with software, for recording and streaming.

You can also use it through OBS or XSplit, so theres that.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic