Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,761 to 11,780 of 69,964

NEStalgia

@Aouzy The consoles pretty secure in the dock. It wobbles because, ironically, it's not clamped between anything in the dock (all the scratch complainers seem to miss that point though ), It just rests by gravity on the base and the front and back just keep it centered so it can't fall over, but it's not "gripped" in there. You'd have to knock the whole dock over to knock the console out. It can't drift sideways as it's held in place by a mating dovedail and two grooves (you can see the cutout molded into the back of the console.) It's secure as long as the dock dosn't end up on its side due to recklessness. The beauty of that setup is there's no force required to insert or remove, it drops in under its own weight and lifts out like it's not held in by anything. But it's in position when you feel it slip into the grooves. Also, if the screen is on it will turn off, and if the screen is off, it will turn on and show the battery icon at the top, so you know it connected.)

NEStalgia

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai wrote:

@DefHalan Mario Odyssey? @KirbyTheVampire Lol, welcome to the club. The club of hundreds of games on Nintendo consoles and 4 games on Steam.

Pretty much, lol. Some great third party games come out on the other platforms, but in between those games is a whole lot of stuff I have absolutely zero interest in.

KirbyTheVampire

TuVictus

I'd honestly feel so sad if I only strictly had fun with Nintendo games, because that would mean huge amounts of time where I wouldn't be playing games.

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

@Operative2-0 Well you dont have to feel sad.

Other companies often cant account for many folks tastes. Its a person to person thing.

What many consider western AAA games dont interest me personally because of style, gameplay, a focus on an aspect of the product Im not into, and so on.

When something new comes along Ill give it a shot if it looks to fall in line with my tastes.

Over a long enough time one moves past the need of justifying purchases and understands what they enjoy in gaming and goes to that, occassionally trying new things to see how it goes.

I suspect many of us here know what we like in games and go to that, which is why we also express exasperation at the "my console is better than yours" speil, because we know what we want and if we know something is not for us, we simply say so and let folks enjoy what they like.

I realise this is an ideal scenario and there will always be the people feeling the need to justify the size of their teraflops and have all the 1080s, but its nice to dream.

You say youd be sad with only Nintendo? Id be sad with just PS4. Mine is a Ratchet and Clank/Indie box. Heck with the ommision of some indies, there hasnt been anything between Ratchet and the questionable to me Crash Trilogy. In that time Ive discovered I dont enjoy Far Cry or Uncharted.

Theres a weird feeling, both having a system with no games releasing, and having a system with loads each week and not a lot for you as an individual.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

And the millions of kids out there that don't even have the opportunity to own one console look on...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

Octane wrote:

@DefHalan I'm starting to believe that Nintendo and their entire staff have been partying for an entire year, living off that Wii money. That also explains the financial loss from last year. I think I'm onto something!

@DefHalan
Logically the Switch should have launched with every major Nintendo franchise.

I mean, come on guys, really? I've been reading both of your comments for a few years now. Regardless of disagreements, neither of you are that naïve. You were joking, right? The launch window for the Switch is the best I've seen on any console in a long time.

And @DefHalan, what they heck are you doing, man? I thought you were all anti-Switch or whatever? Why are you still hanging around this forum if you have no interest in the machine? Don't get all bitter and stuff, it's not a good look for anyone.

rallydefault

FGPackers

I was really happy with Wii U and did not feel any need for a PS3 or a PS4. Now i'm really happy with my Switch and i don't feel any need for a PS4 or a PS4 Pro or Scorpio (when it will come). I love Nintendo, it's the only gaming system i want, it's about only games i loved, i love, and i always will

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

@rallydefault Not saying it's bad. But remember when Wii U releases halted mid-2015? After Mario Maker it was pretty much downhill in terms of software and the latter half of 2016 was just empty. A lot of people were saying that Nintendo was ''cancelling'' Wii U games and moving them over to the Switch, or at least switching over the development. Pikmin 4 is a good example of this. How can a game be almost done in 2015 and not see a release on the Wii U? Unless they moved it over to the Switch. The thing is, I don't see the evidence of all those ''cancelled'' Wii U game yet.

We got Zelda, but that game was delayed at least twice just so it could release with the Switch. Super Mario Odyssey is what I expected this year anyway, looking at the release schedule of 3D Mario games. Mario Kart 8 is a very lower effort project, it's basically a port with some extra stuff. They haven't spend all their time on that game since the release of MK8. Splatoon 2, seems plausible, two years of development is probably enough for that game, since it also borrow a lot of assets from the first game. Then there's 1-2-Switch and ARMS, and I have no idea how much effort that was for Nintendo to develop those games, can't comment on that. And there's Xenoblade 2, and to be honest, I'm surprised we're getting a new one this soon, if we're getting it this year that is. What are all those other studios doing?

Look, the launch line-up is pretty good, and that's because of Zelda and Mario, and even better if you're not a Wii U owner. But it's not an avalanche of Switch games that are coming onto us, like some would have us believe, since you know, all those ''cancelled'' Wii U project are now coming to the Switch. Whatever happened with the Wii U software development, I have no idea, those games certainly didn't move over to the launch window of the Switch. The current line-up is nothing extraordinary in terms of volume (read: not talking about quality).

Octane

TuVictus

I'll never forgive them if pikmin 4 is just never mentioned again from them.

Or if it's the 3DS game. Which I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHEN WE'LL HAVE, NINTENDO.

TuVictus

Azooooz

Today, Nintendo NYC store had sold out the available Switch units in 36 minutes.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NaviAndMii

As soon as we heard the letters 'N' and 'X' from Nintendo, it was the final nail in the Wii U's coffin - they shifted focus a long time ago now - they keep emphasising the need for a continuous stream of quality content coming to the Switch - a great way of ensuring that is to hold back content for a more suitable release window...I'm expecting a few big reveals at E3 - possibly a future Direct too - enough to ensure a strong first year for the console...since they revealed NX, everything has been geared towards this year.

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Bloodstained got cancelled for Wii U and Switch version announced.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Lethal

Well, the dock has officially started scratching my Switch screen. I do not see how Reggie can say this is not an issue when it clearly is. There are fine scratches on all 3 sides that slide in to the dock. I am a little pissed off about this....

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Azooooz

Someone was not careful with his/her new toy...

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

@DefHalan
I wouldn't say "all these years". They just slowed releases down for the last year or so.

But if you look at all the 1st party releases announced already, just 2 weeks post launch, we have:

Zelda Breath of the Wild
12 Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Switch

And all but one are releasing in the first 9 months of launch. So I think that lineup is exactly where the extra games are. And I imagine they may have another game or 2 coming we don't know about, like Smash Bros Complete (with amiibo trademarks being filed, retailer listings spotted and Corrin amiibo name dropped), which would make almost 10 releases in 9 months. That's a lot of games compared to what Wii U saw post launch from Nintendo. And I imagine they may even have one or two more tucker away to help keep the pacing going into next year as well.

They've made it clear they don't want to go long droughts without games, so I think they caught up with half a dozen games extra or so, and are now sliding them into the gaps to keep it rolling with a steady stream of games the first 2 years.

So people expecting them to just take the Santa bag and dump it upside down all at once are probably wondering where all the games are at but it's because they're not dumping the bag upside down all at once. They're sprinkling it like a salt shaker over the first two years

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lethal

Azooooz wrote:

Someone was not careful with his/her new toy...

It slides in, it slides out. I am 37 years old and know how to take care of my toys. Nintendo clearly did not take the proper steps in to making sure the plastic screen does not scratch.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Haruki_NLI

Plastic Scren scratches
Glass screen shatters

One will require immediate replacement, the other can be dealt with a screen protector.

Does it suck? Yes. Is it their fault: Maybe. The information is too spotty and in many cases is easily attributed to people being loud until a statistically significant proportion of the population of users with a Nintendo Switch has this issue exclusively due to average use with no other factors influencing the console position or damage.

Not blaming you, obviously, but until more evidence comes to light it cant be declared a problem.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic