Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,641 to 11,660 of 69,964

skywake

off topic:
I saw a video on twitter of World of Goo running on the Switch. The game can be played on the TV using the JoyCon gyro. The fact that it appears to work as well as it does? It really increases the chances that Nintendo may put some more Wii games on there. VC or otherwise. Fingers crossed

on topic:
Cauliflower is one of my current favourite ways to bulk up a pasta dish with veggies. The best way is to kinda go half way between a pasta bake and cauliflower cheese. Adds a bit of texture to the dish. Though currently I'm more into Indian food. Nothing like a good chicken korma with rice and yogurt

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

veeflames

Nintendo Life: the only site on the interwebs that talks about pasta when they're supposed to be talking about HD Rumble and ragdoll physics in Zelda.
But hey, here's my two cents on pasta: not too big a fan of it... At the very most it depends on who makes it. Spaghetti can be pretty delicious if done right... otherwise I don't like other forms of pasta. I haven't tasted lasagna but from what it looks like it looks pretty good. Maybe one day...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nicolai

Man, this USB charger by Orzly sucks! It doesn't even charge fast enough to power the main menu without a game suspended! And that's with airplane mode and minimum brightness! Is it because it's a crummy brand, or is it because it's a usb-A charger, and it can't transfer energy fast enough compared to a wall plug-in?

Either way, this definitely wasn't worth my money. This is supposed to be used as a backup for when I'm playing a game and the battery's critically low. If I can't even play a game while getting a net charge, I don't see the point.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

BigBadJohn

Has this forum turned into the cooking channel? It's making me hungry.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Azooooz

@Nicolai That's why you should always opt for the official AC adapter when it comes to charging stuff.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

rallydefault

@skywake
I'm with you on the BBQ!

I was grilling outside just a couple weeks ago, and then a few days ago we get hit with the biggest storm of the winter. I now have 2+ feet of snow outside my house. No more BBQ for a bit lol

rallydefault

Haruki_NLI

So Nintendo's alleged indie dev policies are the most disheartening things to see.

So this means PRIME either goes to PS4 with its huge entry costs and fees, Xbox with the same, or the overflowing swamp that is Steam.

When you think they are nearly ready to be inclusive they say nope and run away. It pretty much confirms my fears from the correspondence I have been able to get out of them.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

@BLP_Software I assume you're going to provide a link to what you're referring to...?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit Recent article and comments from several developers of course.

OT: Pasta is only good with something and BBQ food makes me vomit upon entering my mouth. Dont know why.

skywake

Australian eShop update this week:
King of Fighters 94

......... that's it

I know that you can easily swap regions now but still, it's a bit weak. I'm not going to manage two separate account balances and two separate Nintendo accounts. For demos? Sure. I probably will set that up at some point. But not for purchases. I was actually going to grab some (Australian) eShop credit tomorrow so I could download World of Goo. I guess I don't need to get it in any hurry now.

Haruki_NLI

So...I have made the decision that the little space under my TV will be Switch free very soon.

In addition to my fears about Nintendo's indie policy after their complete no answer no committal maybe/no email correspondence (Which impacts me directly, unfortunately) being practically confirmed, the eShop updates, line up of games, and all the little niggling things just...bleh.

Yeah, I'm flogging it off. It's obvious Nintendo is Nintendoing this one hard, and for all that is good and holy I hope it's temporary for the sake of everyone else, but my patience has finally drawn out with today.

skywake

@BLP_Software
If you are that quick to change your mind about whether or not its a platform worth getting, why did you get it? It's not exactly an impulse buy. Surely most if not all of the complaints were pretty obvious before launch. Specifically the lineup of games of which, if anything, we've found out about more games as the weeks progress.

Maybe it's just me but... I never really understand that sort of mentality. Either be an early adopter and wear the niggling complaints or don't. The buying into it early and being shocked that it's not a mature platform on day 1. I don't get it.

StuTwo

skywake wrote:

@BLP_Software
If you are that quick to change your mind about whether or not its a platform worth getting, why did you get it? It's not exactly an impulse buy. Surely most if not all of the complaints were pretty obvious before launch. Specifically the lineup of games of which, if anything, we've found out about more games as the weeks progress.

Maybe it's just me but... I never really understand that sort of mentality. Either be an early adopter and wear the niggling complaints or don't. The buying into it early and being shocked that it's not a mature platform on day 1. I don't get it.

But if you don't buy on day 1 you don't get to moan and complain about it as an "insider" early on.

The thing I don't get is selling it after a couple of weeks. If you do that you can't post endlessly online about how it's "been gathering dust since Zelda was done"...

Edited on by StuTwo

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

AndyD

Our the joy con gel covers worth it? I know they do not allow the joy cons to be put into the controller grip, but can be used while connected to the side of the switch.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Nicolai

@skywake @BLP_Software Yup. The only reason (and I mean the only reason) i got the Switch day one is that deep down I'm a huge Nintendork and will buy anything Nintendo no matter how terrible it flops. I'd have a Virtual Boy right now if I was a fan back then. The only way the Switch could be a waste to me is if they stopped support and delayed Super Mario Odyssey to another system. But if that weren't the case and I was weighing sense into the matter, I would learn from my Wii U purchase and wait until the Nintendo Switch is already the system I want.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

LzWinky

BLP_Software wrote:

@gcunit Recent article and comments from several developers of course.

OT: Pasta is only good with something and BBQ food makes me vomit upon entering my mouth. Dont know why.

You're gonna have to be more specific. Most devs have been positive

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

-Green-

I bought the Switch for Zelda. I was originally just gonna wait until to next year, but Zelda looked too awesome, so I caved. It was all for BotW.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

@skywake It is a platform worth getting. Not denying that. If things line up with your personal interests and other aspects then absolutely.

However, today more than anything confirmed that nagging feeling. Ive had it since this thing was announced and its been a reason I have sat on my game for 6 months.

I dont expect it to mature right after launch. Hell no. Ill be long dead when that happens to a system.

All the potential is there. The hardware is there. The lineup is...coming? Kinda? If they stop being endlessly coy about the indie scenario then yes. Maybe even sooner than the holiday season.

But from my angle, as not just a consumer but a developer, this system has been fristrating. It has been vague and Ive sat here and Ive made sense of the decisions from a consumer viewpoint to be a middleground kind of guy. But from a development standpoint ever since being told they have nothing to say about getting indies involved and to wait for an update soon (Which was October by the by) Ive come to realise that for all this hardware does right with alleged ease of development, and for all its wonderment on the consumer end, there are a lot of doors being closed in typical Nintendo fashion.

And that to me is what kind of kills it. The uncertainty. The knowledge of I dont know whats going to happen on either end because one is unpredictable and sales related and the other is a lack of communication or even basic information.

I need to finance and secure my work and those I work with by June. I need this plan and for all I have been patient now is too late. I gave myself this deadline to see if anything at all would happen and it hasnt so for the many reasons I have listed, for those I work with, aim to work with and support, I need to know where Im going.

So Im moving on from Switch because while everything is neat and cool and I can ride out any slow burn or launch troubles, there is a second side that I have to pay attention to, and thats why in my eyes for what I need to do, and from all the signs that are and arent present, its the best move for me and my endeavours both as a consumer and as a guy who loves his job and wants to succeed.

@StuTwo to be fair if it gathers dust thats more of a waste than cutting losses. Besides even in use a machine gathers dust ;p

Haruki_NLI

@TheLZdragon See above.

I cant sit and keep my project and workmates in this weird purgatory anymore.

skywake

@Nicolai
I'm not so Nintendo obsessed that I would have got the Virtual Boy I don't think. I did get the Wii U at launch because "HD Nintendo" was enough for me. But I didn't get a 3DS until months after launch because it had nothing until that push of games started just before that price drop.

Launch consoles are always a bit of a gamble and you get all of the squeaky wheels. It's something that everyone knows going into it. The only reason I have a Switch now is because Zelda is there and I know there are more games coming at a fairly regular pace. I was happy to get it now so I could play Zelda on a Switch rather than downscaled to 480p on the Wii U GamePad. If that hadn't been the case I wouldn't have picked one up.

I don't see how anything has changed between the pre-launch hype and now TBH....

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic