Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,181 to 10,200 of 69,988

Grumblevolcano

BLP_Software wrote:

So whats todays "Not coming to Switch" game?

Gamecube games for VC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

20 days. It's the 20 day countdown.

There's a rumor going around Nintendo will release new info 2 weeks before release, Disgaea 5 Complete will get a release date next week also, and LA Noire, Metroid and Assassins Creed will be shown at e3.

Interesting rumor, one I definitely want to believe, but I don't wanna get my hopes up for Metroid. The LA Noire port does fall in line with Take Two being a development partner for Switch. I could definitely see that happening, and it wouldn't have any issues running. And Assassins Creed was leaked on the retailer listing, not to mention Metroid is long overdue, and with Nintendo really focusing on the west with Switch, they'll surely want to bring a solid Metroid to the table.

Definitely plausible.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KirbyTheVampire

If Metroid is coming, I can't imagine them not saving that announcement for E3. Maybe E3 would be covered if they just showed off Pokemon Stars and a new Animal Crossing or something, though.

KirbyTheVampire

Nin10dad

I personally think they'll use E3 to blow us away with Odyssey and maybe tease animal crossing for Switch.
Metroid would be incredible but I feel it will be way to early in the consoles life for a reveal, even a teaser,
However, it does beg the question, what the fudge have Retro been up to since 2013 ish?....

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

zitpig

All this talk about Zelda vs The Witcher III. All I can say is if Zelda surpasses The Witcher then I'll be in 7th heaven, as The Witcher III is my game of the decade. I was really sad to see it end, having completed it 100%. I even loved the mini-card game Gwent, and was eager to get every singe card. I really loved the open world, watching it fade into blackness as the night came and then watching the sun come up; simply breathtaking and colourful, unlike most games. I loved all the quests and side quests and some of the dialogue was really laugh out loud stuff because it was genuinely funny.

The only issue I had with the Witcher were the number of bugs when it was first released - some of the quests and side-quests couldn't be completed. They (CDPR) fixed every single one in the end though.

If Zelda gets anywhere near half of what The Witcher III got right, then we are all in for a MASSIVE treat and a wonderful gaming experience.

zitpig

Octane

@G0dlike If there is a Metroid game in development, it isn't Retro Studios. Our best guess is that they're working on a new IP. Another rumour said that a Metroid game is in the works, but that the team behind it isn't the team we expect it to be.

Keep in mind that a big chunk of the staff that worked on Prime is gone. They're mostly a DK team now. And if you're interested, the old folks that left Retro set up their own studio and developed Recore for Xbox One last year.

Octane

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

They're mostly a DK team now. And if you're interested, the old folks that left Retro set up their own studio and developed Recore for Xbox One last year.

I just remembered that the people behind my favorite game of all time's most recent game was published by Comcept for the Xbox One.

Now I'm sad.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BigBadJohn

Just out of interest Amazon UK have started listing import switch games with no extra delivery cost to prime users. They're listing Disgaea 5 Complete which I don't believe has been confirmed for the UK.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

gcunit

Peeps, you gotta stop doing this counting down the days thing, its making me anxious. My pre-order is with a retailer I'm well aware can't be relied upon for Day 1 delivery. That didn't bother me when I ordered cos I got a good price and spread the cost over 12 months, but now the counting down has started its making me want a Day 1 delivery before breakfast!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

grizzgolf

I'm guessing its been asked but I'm too lazy to look at all the post. Will the switch have a VC like the Wii and Wii U?

grizzgolf

FGPackers

@grizzgolf The whole thing is still a mistery to be solved, hope Nintendo will do it sooner rather than later

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

Pokken seems to be returning to the Pokemon World Championships this year and so there's now speculation of a Switch port coming before the event especially as the Wii U version is very behind the arcade version in terms of balancing, characters, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Switch interview: Nintendo on the price, games and hopes for its new console

Just a snippet from the interview.

Will the smartphone to be integral to the service beyond the voice chat?

Koizumi Yes, we like to think as Switch as working very well together with smartphones so we’re basing quite a few plans surrounding that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/nintendo-switc...

They'll definitely use the camera function on smart phones.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FGPackers

I don't mind all of this, absolutely. Instead i have to say i'm happy about it

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Maxz

Pretty basic question, but what are the charging options for the console other than the dock? I'm going to mainly have the console in my bedroom, but the dock in the living room with the TV. However, I don't want to take it to that room every time I want to charge it, and ideally, I'd like to play it portably while charging (in bed, or while the TV's in use).

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

rallydefault

The smartphone stuff is probably the thing I'm least excited about with the Switch. In fact, probably the only thing I'm kind of scared about. First, I have a Windows Phone (lol yes, I know, but I do love it), and I doubt they are going to support Windows Phones. Some people don't even have smartphones. Not a lot, but some.

But I really, REALLY hope they just allow you to plug in/sync up a headset directly through the console, especially on TV mode. I plan on mostly using the Switch docked, so having to pipe the online stuff through my phone at the same time seems more like a chore than a convenience.

Fingers crossed that this has occurred to Nintendo. To me, it seems pretty common sense, but I don't know. The other thing that occurs to me is how little I'll probably dabble in the lobbies and voice chat stuff, anyway. Splatoon 2 comes to mind, of course, but even something like Mario Kart I don't think I would want to play with voice chat.

I could be sour on online communication right now, though. Just finished an incredibly toxic Heroes of the Storm game that served to remind me why I can't wait to immerse myself in Breath of the Wild by MYSELF lol

rallydefault

jump

TomJ wrote:

A small something I've noticed from some folks lately, or in the past.

"I'm fine with X decision, I'm happy with it, therefore, it is the right decision, no questions asked." (paraphrase, not exact quote)

Ha, that's actually pretty accurate.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic