Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,041 to 10,060 of 69,954

SLIGEACH_EIRE

G: Is there any possibility for Final Fantasy XV to be released on Nintendo Switch?

HT: There are no Plans, it wouldn’t run…

G: It wouldn’t run at all?

HT: It might run… But we haven’t conducted the proper tests on whether it would run properly on Switch or not, so I cannot say for sure.

G: So there is no plan at all?

HT: There are no plans for Switch at the moment, but overall, there is interest in the platform among the development team. We do have lots of Nintendo fans inside BD2.

Incidentally, I think that Switch would be really cool if it could run Android apps on its portable screen…

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/08/final-fantasy-xv-inter...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Azooooz

@SLIGEACH_EIRE In other words, they will port the game if there is enough user base of the Switch.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE That's not what he said and you know it. He didn't say "No, it will never happen", he said "Nothing at the moment, and we haven't conducted the tests to even try".

I imagine if there is an install base they can see and if no then sure, its a flat no, but right now, its not considered but not outright told no never.

But hey, we cant have any kind of optimism right.

At least he's nice than the Western devs who said maybe/no. I recall ReSpawn said f*** no, while drunk. Which is a bit less consumer friendly than they'd probably like.

Though if he had said no because it wont sell, the immediate snarky response is that it didn't sell anywhere. XD

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

19Robb92

I'm certain the Switch could run FFXV. I doubt it'd be worth for Square to port it though. Seems more reasonable to port the FF7 re-make if anything.

I would rather see developers start porting games that are in development so they can release them simultaneously on Switch, than have ports of games already released on every other platform months ago (like the WiiU got).

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Emperor-Palpsy

[quote]

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

G: Is there any possibility for Final Fantasy XV to be released on Nintendo Switch?

HT: There are no Plans, it wouldn’t run…

G: It wouldn’t run at all?

HT: It might run… But we haven’t conducted the proper tests on whether it would run properly on Switch or not, so I cannot say for sure.

Says one thing; back tracks a moment later.

Troll-much.

cackle

TuVictus

Why do people even care? Even if they did port it over, itd look much worse, and considering even the PS4 struggles at points, the switch would as well.

They'd port it over, it'd be old by that time, people wouldn't buy it because anyone that wanted to play through it would have had it already, it'd sell badly, and then we'd all say "well if they wanted it to sell well they shouldn't have priced it at 60" or some other similar excuse. Repeat of wii u.

Ask for the upcoming games, not old ones.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

@Operative2-0 Well we are getting upcoming games from Square, quite a few actually.

The only one that will really stick in the west that folk could ask for is FFVII but with Nomura at the helm that things damn vaporware of the highest degree and I already ranted about that on PushSquare.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

KirbyTheVampire

FF 15 would look terrible on the Switch, not to mention the fact that it's been out for months now.

KirbyTheVampire

Captain_Toad

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

@Azooooz No.

Heh, heh. Square says maybe if we run some tests. You just say no even if they run tests.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Octane

@19Robb92 It's struggling on the PS4, it's even worse on the Xbox One. Maybe it's capable of running on the Switch, but I just don't think that Square Enix is capable of making it run properly on the Switch.

Octane

19Robb92

Octane wrote:

but I just don't think that Square Enix is capable of making it run properly on the Switch.

Any game can run on Switch if it's downgraded enough and I have no doubt Squares developers are capable to make it run decently.

I doubt the time and cost of re-programming such a huge game is worth it for them though.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

BigBadJohn

@Captain_Toad Don't you know? This guy can see into the future. He already knows the Switch will fail.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

IceClimbers

FFXV runs on a proprietary engine. It would take a considerable amount of effort to get the engine running on Switch. More effort than its worth, so there's no reason to put the game on Switch.

I'd rather have the Kingdom Hearts collection.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KirbyTheVampire

19Robb92 wrote:

Octane wrote:

but I just don't think that Square Enix is capable of making it run properly on the Switch.

Any game can run on Switch if it's downgraded enough and I have no doubt Squares developers are capable to make it run decently.

I doubt the time and cost of re-programming such a huge game is worth it for them though.

Any game can technically run on the majority of platforms, but the question is how much does it need to be downgraded to actually make it run. The fact is, FF 15 is simply beyond what could realistically run on the Switch. Developers can only downgrade games to a certain degree before it becomes pointless. Anyone who's hoping for AAA games such as this one to make it to the Switch is just wasting their time IMO. Some will come, but the vast majority of large AAA games will not be on the Switch, which is why, despite what Nintendo says, the Switch isn't for everyone, as is the case with any console. If someone wants big AAA games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, or FF 15, they should get a PS4, or maybe build a gaming PC depending on what kind of games they like.

KirbyTheVampire

rallydefault

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Octane wrote:

Any game can technically run on the majority of platforms, but the question is how much does it need to be downgraded to actually make it run. The fact is, FF 15 is simply beyond what could realistically run on the Switch. Developers can only downgrade games to a certain degree before it becomes pointless. Anyone who's hoping for AAA games such as this one to make it to the Switch is just wasting their time IMO. Some will come, but the vast majority of large AAA games will not be on the Switch, which is why, despite what Nintendo says, the Switch isn't for everyone, as is the case with any console. If someone wants big AAA games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, or FF 15, they should get a PS4, or maybe build a gaming PC depending on what kind of games they like.

Can we please, PLEASE stop talking like we're been developing for the Switch personally for the last few years.

Buddy - I don't hate to say it, but you have ZERO CLUE if and how well FFXV can run on the Switch. Zero. And guess what? Neither do I. And neither does that dude who just keeps posting doom and gloom. Most of us don't.

A few of us here have a bit more knowledge into GPUs and such, but still, we're not developers. There are a few members of this forum who ARE game developers, so it would be those people's opinions that I would actually trust on a matter like this. Certainly not yours, nor mine for that matter.

rallydefault

AlliMeadow

@OorWullie I don't know the rates in the US, but in some countries it is quite common to get about $6,000 for a commercial.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

KirbyTheVampire

rallydefault wrote:

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Octane wrote:

Can we please, PLEASE stop talking like we're been developing for the Switch personally for the last few years.

Buddy - I don't hate to say it, but you have ZERO CLUE if and how well FFXV can run on the Switch. Zero. And guess what? Neither do I. And neither does that dude who just keeps posting doom and gloom. Most of us don't.

A few of us here have a bit more knowledge into GPUs and such, but still, we're not developers. There are a few members of this forum who ARE game developers, so it would be those people's opinions that I would actually trust on a matter like this. Certainly not yours, nor mine for that matter.

Well, let me know in 5-10 years time when a tiny little tablet can run FF 15, a game that the PS4 and Xbox One struggle with, cause we're probably not there yet, especially when the guy from Square Enix said so himself. He hasn't done the testing, but if he has zero plans to port it over, chances are it either can't run on it, or can't run very well at best. And I'd say he has a better idea than anyone else.

No need to get so heated man, lol. Even if I'm dead wrong and FF 15 can somehow run beautifully on the Switch, it's no skin off my back, and you shouldn't care so much either.

KirbyTheVampire

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic