Forums

Topic: We don`t need EA on Switch !!!

Posts 121 to 140 of 224

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yep. Count me among those confused customers that never had Sega CD, the "new Sega console" but was interested. Had a 32X for a few days before realizing it did nothing. And never even knew the Saturn existed until it was out for some time. By the time the DC came out, I was already not really paying attention to Sega. In hindsight they were good systems that were mostly off my radar as "other."

To be fair, the NoA team of Lincoln & Arakawa set Sega CD's fortunes asunder with their Congress-baiting of Night Trap

@antster1983 Fascinating, I hadn't heard that they were just bluffing. That almost makes it WORSE.

@subpopz That was utterly beautiful. Better than Jack Tretton's mic drop. Better than Yoshida's "this is how you share" video. I didn't really want them to "win" like that, but that was a corporate moment for the ages.

NEStalgia

LuckyLand

In my opinion we don't need EA on this world. I couldn't care less since I don't like any of their games, but reading what they are doing with their games (and to the gaming world in general) just makes me sad, and full of rage. Normally I wouldn't care, I would say "that's not my problem, I don't like those games - lol", but this is just too much. The world would be a less bad place without EA.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

FX102A

The disappointment is that EA hold licenses for a tonne of series that really inpressed throughout the 4th to 6th gens of consoles. Now almost nothing gets considered unless it can guarantee 9 figure profits and is homogonised to an extreme for a majority audience who will forget about it in 6-12 months; about the same time EA will stop acknowledging the game's existence.

FX102A

premko1

@LuckyLand HELL, YEAH !!!!!!!

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

Lethal

premko1 wrote:

Microtransactions, poor games, cash only... That`s why we DON`T need Electronic Arts on Switch.

UFC
Madden
NHL
Star Wars Battlefront
The Sims
Mass Effect
Battlefield
Need For Speed
Dragon Age

Just naming a few games Electronic Arts make. Pretty sure the Switch needs EA.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

ThanosReXXX

@FX102A And don't forget about the continuous improvements to the faces of all the characters in their sports games. The everlasting battle for the most realistic likeness of their real-life counterparts...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

FX102A

@ThanosReXXX Of course! That's the second on their list of most important game mechanics; after "Methods for Ensuring continuous monetary extraction from players" (with the word "imbeciles" crossed out and replaced with "players").

FX102A

link3710

As much as I've been avoiding this topic, given Andromeda resulted in the closure of Bioware Montreal, I wouldn't tout that or Dragon Age as being necessary on Switch. Both series are probably dead for the foreseeable future. The Sims has never had a good console release (outside of Urbz). Outside of the obvious sports games, I'd say Battlefield, Battlefront and NFS are the only ones of interest likely to see the light of day on any console, and... Battlefront's future looks grim after the absolute PR disaster that the second game was. So when it comes to major franchises, it's mostly the sports/racing fans that would be looking for EA, especially if someone else grabs the FPS vacant slot that the absence Battlefield/CoD has left. The sports games gap is fairly important though. So long as 2K and EA keep up a modicum of support (WWE/NBA and FIFA/Madden I think would be the key ones world wide) I don't think EA needs to be here whole hog. But a complete absence will alienate a portion of the market as well, there's no question of that.

link3710

Gandy3179

there is no EA in Nintendo Switch

Gandy3179

MarcelRguez

link3710 wrote:

The Sims has never had a good console release (outside of Urbz)

qtf, emphasis added.

Just want to add my voice to the crowd of people saying they don't care about EA's current output. Given their recent statements after the whole Star Wars ordeal, I don't see that changing unless they rethink their whole strategy.

Also, the Switch seems to be doing alright without their support. Just saying.

@FX102A That's disappointing alright, but what would they do with those IPs today if they weren't dormant? Even if they were to revitalize some of them with lower-budget/lower-expectations projects, would it be worth the hassle?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@FX102A EA Games: for the payers...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Lethal

MarcelRguez wrote:

Also, the Switch seems to be doing alright without their support. Just saying.

Consoles that lacked support from EA.

Dreamcast
Wii U
Switch

2 of these consoles failed terribly. Not saying EA had everything to do with it. But I am sure it did not help. All consoles need EA to help succeed. They simply have too many big franchises.

Edited on by Lethal

MarcelRguez

@Lethal Of course it didn't help, but EA's presence on Nintendo platforms hasn't meant much for a while. It would be a deal-breaker for a sizable chunk of the PlayStation and Xbox userbase, but not in this case. The 3DS isn't a success because it got a port of The Sims 3 and downright awful FIFA games, to mention a recent example.

MarcelRguez

SKTTR

Anyone raging about EA - who of you has bought Rocket League?

I'm glad that abomination of a game has been dethroned on the charts by new number one game Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Lethal

SKTTR wrote:

I'm glad that abomination of a game has been dethroned on the charts by new number one game Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Is Rocket League bad on the Switch? The game was incredibly fun on the PS4 and XB1.

FX102A

@MarcelRguez With proper budgeting and realistic expectations, I imagine some of these IPs could be released to a fairly moderate success, enough to turn a profit and foster some goodwill.

But EA doesn't want some money, it wants ALL THE MONEY. It wants it now, in a large quantity within the first two weeks from launch followed by regular trickles until the next iteration comes. Then rinse and repeat. Same with Activision, same with Ubisoft and several other AAA developers. Sleeper sales, modest yet loyal fanbases, protecting brand value? Nah! They don't anything that requires effort, patience or fostering a degree of kindness and understanding towards the player bases of their games. Their actions have shown they have nothing but utter contempt for us as gamers and only want to find ways to con us out of the maximum amount of money from us.

The only difference is this year we finally noticed when they stopped using their hands to reach into the cookie jar and instead tried to sneak their todger into it.

FX102A

SKTTR

Lethal wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

Is Rocket League bad on the Switch? The game was incredibly fun on the PS4 and XB1.

I'm just calling out EA haters who bought Rocket League, because it has the same kind of microtransactions and lootbox gambling (and still it was number 1 on the eShop charts for some weeks until Xenoblade 2 hit the stores - Rocket League is still number 2).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

MarcelRguez

SKTTR wrote:

Lethal wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

I'm just calling out EA haters who bought Rocket League, because it has the same kind of microtransactions and lootbox gambling (and still it was number 1 on the eShop charts for some weeks until Xenoblade 2 hit the stores - Rocket League is still number 2).

I might be out of the loop here, but I thought RL's thing was more like Ovewatch (cosmetics), less like EA (pay-to-win).

MarcelRguez

link3710

@SKTTR I'm curious, what's the purpose of these microtransactions? I've been playing the game for over two years now and never noticed any microtransactions in the game, no joke. Then again, I do only boot it up and jump straight into games with friends... The only thing I'm aware of is that there's some sort of cosmetics DLC (I seem to remember seeing a Delorian DLC ad on steam?), but that stuff doesn't bother me, nor do I even look for it. Anyways, I doubt I qualify as one of the 'haters' but considering Rocket League appears to not have anything affecting the actual gameplay, it doesn't bother me. Same as LOL's transactions, or any other game that stays safe in the world of cosmetic alterations only. Any game that asks you to pay to reduce waiting times, or to unlock things that actually affect gameplay on the other hand, no bueno. Or any games where what you purchase is randomized. Otherwise, they just count as regular DLC imo, even if they are small ones. Anyways, I guess my point is, the microtransactions in that game, whatever they are, don't aversely affect my enjoyment of it, like they did playing the Battlefront II beta.

link3710

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Just wait until they have perfect likenesses of players faces, perfect motion capture, and an all new EA.I. Xell that will actually make the winning moves for you in real time, for only $9.99/mo. (In reality it's just streaming Game 2 of the World Cup over and over.....)

@link3710 Yeah, I think there's a lack of emphasis on the fact that traditional games seem to be dead at EA and their latest outings have all stumbled badly. NFS isn't considered a game for "racing fans" anymore either as it's become a mediocre arcade game post-Criterion. So basically sports and SW fans is all that's left at EA. Sadly there's a lot of those willing to pay. Maybe with their new publishing structure for games like Fe and A Way Out they'll find their way back into the genuine publishing business versus their disastrous factory canning operation they have now and get an actual varied catalogue like they had 2 decades ago.

@ThanosReXXX "EA Games: for the payers..."
Untitled

@Lethal Only one of those consoles actually lacked EA support of any kind, and the Dreamcast was dead before it launched. It didn't even sell badly but it had to sell DS levels of success to justify keeping the whole console division open at Sega after the 3 previous catastrophes. WiiU started with EA support (however half hearted), and like Dreamcast was doomed either way. WiiU had a LOT more EA suport than Switch, yet Switch is setting records and WiiU died rapidly. Meanwhile the GCN had EA support. I think it's safe to say that EA/Microsoft (and a little bit, Sony) need each other. Arguably even Sony could really survive without EA, they have a lot of dedicated fans to their own exclusive content. XBox and EA have effectively built their brand together, and the kind of fans that buy EA games are going to be the kind of fans that like XBox (with some defecting to Sony.) Or a better way to say it is if your'e an XBox fan you're likely an EA Games fan. If you're a Playstation Fan you possibly could be an EA Games fan. If you're a Nintendo fan, you may have heard of EA Games. If you're a PC fan, you probably bought an EA game or two once before you forgot your Origin password. New EA isn't the Pre-X360 EA. Back in the late 90's early 2000's there was a period where I had a stack of EA games.....seems like forever ago.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.