Forums

Topic: Warframe

Posts 121 to 140 of 218

Zimon

@DannyBoi if you have excalibur most junctions can be cleared with skill 2 and then skill 4.

As for the other starters I can't really give good advice.
Just try and upgrade vitality mod for more hp and the 3 damage mods; serration on primary weapon, hornet strike on secondary weapon and preassure point on melee weapon.

Zimon

CTmatic

HELP. ANYONE. šŸ˜‚

So long story short Iā€™m an avid Destiny player since day 1, hence why I just started Warframe. Even though I now know theyā€™re not all that similar.

I am confused as šŸ¤¬. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been this confused in a game with what seems like a bazillion different types of drops, not knowing what to do with them, etc.

Can someone explain the basics of Warframe to me and/or point me to a web link that explains stuff?

Thanks!

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

Syndrome

@CTmatic It's pretty hard to explain the basics of Warframe as it(as you stated) has multiple mechanics that can seem rather intimitating to new players. I strongly suggest you consult their wiki. It's one of the most detailed and thorough wiki sites i've seen and is constantly updated.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki
Be warned: Warframe is a difficult game to get into but if you get past the initial confusion you'll realize it's a very addictive and fun experience. Unfortunately i'm playing on pc(although it's been a while:P) otherwise it'd be happy to hop into and help you find your way around.

Edited on by Syndrome

Syndrome

CTmatic

Thank you! I appreciate it. Iā€™m not necessarily intimidated, even though Iā€™ve heard other people phrase it that way. Iā€™m just flat out confused with the large amount of goofy terminology of the drops & material items. Destiny has the same weird naming stuff but on a much smaller scale. @Syndrome

CTmatic

Thank you. Iā€™ll watch this to. @Zimon

Syndrome

@CTmatic Ah, yes. "Goofy" is a common theme across the board in Warframe, especially it's terminology. You'll get used to it.

Syndrome

CTmatic

Does it make sense to ā€œmaxā€ out modā€™s as high as they can go? Or leave them around 2-3 ā€œslots to take up eachā€ so you can equip more? Hopefully that makes sense what Iā€™m asking. @Syndrome

Edited on by CTmatic

Syndrome

@CTmatic In general, yes it's vital to upgrade mods up to max rank. However, for now just upgrade them to the point where you're comfortable whith the credits/endo you have to spend. I usually upgrade the bigger ones, like Vitality f.e. which have 10 slots, up until the second to last because the amount of credits required (somewhere around 1 mil) isn't worth the minimal upgrade from the previous slot. Once you get enough credits that you feel you can easily spare you can come back and max them.
Remember that you don't need to upgrade multiple mods of the same type. Just one and you can slot it to as many frames/weapons as you want. F.e. you can max one Serration mod(+dmg to rifles) and put it on as many rifles as you like.

Edited on by Syndrome

Syndrome

CTmatic

Thanks. Iā€™m not as confused as I was yesterday, but Iā€™m still not crystal clear.

How do I increase the amount of slots I have to equip more mods at the same time? Is that where a ā€œframeā€ comes in? All I have upgraded is the ā€œA typeā€ I havenā€™t touched B or C. @Syndrome

Syndrome

@CTmatic If you're reffering to the configuration tabs these are not additive in that you can add more mods to upgrade your frame. They are used for diferrent premade builds. Think of them like the gear sets other games use, if that makes sense. Also one very important feature of mods is the "polarity". This will explain it better: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Polarity

P.S. By "frames" i mean warframes. The equivalent of classes in this game. Also it's main theme:p

Edited on by Syndrome

Syndrome

CTmatic

Gotcha. Thank you.

So hereā€™s another question please. Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re a Destiny player to, if not, in Destiny there are 3 damage types. Arc, Solar, and Void. You can farm gear/guns that output any 3 of those damage types. So if youā€™re going to do a certain activity you can plan accordingly for the best perks equipped, but for people that arenā€™t diehards and/or just donā€™t have the time to play the sh*t outta the game cause of real life anymore (me with 2 young kids) you can still play the game perfectly fine. You just wonā€™t have an elite gear set but you can finish endgame activities no problem.

Is this the same with Warframe? So far Iā€™m having fun climbing my level and inputting some mods but I havenā€™t gotten much deeper then that so far. I have no interest in farming an activity for 2-3hrs like I used to do in Destiny before my kids. I get it, I wonā€™t have the best stuff, but it shouldnā€™t hinder me too much right? @Syndrome

Syndrome

@CTmatic I've had my share of Destiny though i was never an avid player. Your assumption is both wrong and right. Warframe doesn't have many "endgame" activities like raids, nightfalls, hardcore pvp etc. And even the ones that it has(Eidolons) can be easily farmed after you learn the proper mechanics and have the right warframe/weapon setup. But you can farm most of the game's stuff easily. Although i haven't played for some time so i don't know if that is the case with the more recent content they put out the last 1.5 year or so(Fortuna,Railjack). It's a more casual game in that regard.
But if you're looking for a game to spend less time grinding than Destiny you're out of luck. Warframe has tons of things to hunt for like frames, weapons, normal mods, prime mods, riven mods, formas, catalysts, arcane enchancments and even pets. And all of these need tons of materials to craft(which you also need to farm). Even crafting requires certain amounts of time to be completed depending on the item(frames need 3 real life days to be made). Unless you pay with platimum to bypass these time gates, which i don't suggest. So in a nutshell less hardcore than Destiny in terms of endgame content but more time consuming in general.

Edited on by Syndrome

Syndrome

CTmatic

Makes sense. Iā€™m not a hardcore just cause I donā€™t have the time. Iā€™m happy just playing as much as I can and slowly gradually start getting stuff. Same thing with Destiny these days, I know thereā€™s exotic quests and secret quests that take days or weeks to complete but I have no care for them anymore, again, just cause Iā€™m not a streamer or single dude with nothing but time on my hands anymore. Otherwise I would. Haha.

Thatā€™s actually good to hear, Warframe wise. I know a lotta stuff is a grind train but so far I donā€™t feel held back at all using my mod-equipped current stuff.

Whatā€™s the best mission types to do for XP? Youā€™re not kidding. I feel like itā€™s been forever still on Level 1 (and about 60% to the way to Level 2) even after doing like 5-6 missions today. @Syndrome

Syndrome

@CTmatic You Mastery Rank is not like your typical lvl. As in you don't do missions, kill enemies and gather xp to lvl up. You need to rank up frames/weapons in order to advance in Mastery Rank. I assume that right now you only have your starting frame(probably Excalibur) and a handful of weapons that you've already got to rank 30. An easy early method to rank up is to buy weapon blueprints from the store with credits(not platinum, keep those), craft them, rank them up to 30, rinse and repeat until you get your hands on more frames/weapons and do so again. Your first priority right now is to advance in the star chart and unlock every node on every planet as you go on. Once you get to Venus and advance to the last node, you can farm the boss there for the Rhino blueprints. This is usually the second frame every new player gets their hands on and is a very good frame to help you with some more challenging content like survival missions and junctions.

Edited on by Syndrome

Syndrome

CTmatic

Thanks for all your help & clarification.

Yeah, yesterday I actually ā€œunlockedā€ Venus...well I tried. I know youā€™ll correct me, but I thought I saw an icon on the ā€œmini bossā€ to beat to be able to go to Venus as a Level 8. I tried 3 times to beat him but died. I got him down to minimal health every time but didnā€™t beat him and backed out. It felt like years ago back when I attempted high level Destiny stuff knowing I was under-leveled at the time. Haha @Syndrome

JokerCK

Hello, does anyone have an extra unused warframe or blueprint?Or who no longer plays the game and wants to give it away?My username is same.I dont know how trading working but i need new good warframes.

JokerCK

Magician

Bored. Decided to mull over the 2021 usage stats. It's interesting seeing what frames and weapons are popular. I had no idea Wukong was so beloved, sitting at over 11% combined between his stock and prime variants. By comparison, Atlas's usage is less than 1%. That poor boy needs a re-re-rework and a buff, lol.
https://www.warframe.com/2021stats

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

I've been spending the morning theory crafting my Trinity build. She has been my main since the launch of the PS4. DE have nerfed her over the years; she used to be able to supply 100% health/shield restore and 99% damage reduction to the whole squad, regardless of range, on command...indefinitely. Now your squad mates have to be within affinity range of me to get those benefits. sigh

Anywho, I still love Trinity, and since I left the game a few years ago DE have introduced a few mods that enable me to make her closer to the goddess she used to be.

Gear
Aura - Combat Discipline
Exilius - Prime Sure Footed
Helminth - Infested Mobility
Arcane 1 - Avenger
Arcane 2 - Energize

Abating Link / Blind Rage r8 / Umbra Intensify / Champion's Blessing
Quick Thinking / Prime Flow / Fleeting Expertise / Prime Continuity

Build Theory
Global enemy armor reduction via Corrosive Projection is capped at 80%, but Abating Link combined with 225% power strength from Blind Rage r8 and Umbra Intensify allows for 100% armor reduction on whatever enemies Trinity's link ability touches. Very handy for fighting liches and/or acolytes.

The combination of Combat Discipline + Champion's Blessing allows you to easily obtain +99% to +350% primary and secondary weapon critical chance. Quick Thinking + Prime Flow gives you a bit of a buffer zone for recasting Trinity's blessing ability. And Prime Sure Footed negates the stagger induced by Quick Thinking's activation if you (somehow) don't have the link ability currently active.

Fleeting Expertise and Prime Continuity are band-aid mods to counterbalance negative stats. Fleeting Expertise negates the efficiency reduction of Blind Rage. Prime Continuity negates the duration reduction of Fleeting Expertise.

And lastly, I like the Infested Mobility Helminth ability on this Trinity because I'm tired of Wisp and Volt players running ahead of me during capture missions, lol. I'll still be unable to catch up to a properly built Titania but...eh...you can't have everything.

I look forward to trying this build out over the weekend.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Unfortunately the build I posted above was a disaster. Even though Trinity can generate her own energy in the presence of enemies, the energy economy was not to my liking. But Champion's Blessing augment does have me considering how much it might be preferable to 100% armor strip-Trinity? Would a sporelacer - tremor - splat kitgun + Champion's Blessing (providing constant tier 3+ crits for the duration of Blessing) outpace 100% armor strip on steel path?

If it does, that would give me more flexibility on the build I use for general play.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic