Forums

Topic: Warframe

Posts 101 to 120 of 218

Ryzaerian

saintayu wrote:

I found it kind of interesting but I've never been aboe to get excited about MMO grinding so it's probably not for me.

There’s definitely a grind. Having said that, there’s so much variety in terms of different frames, weapons, mission types, alerts, invasions, quests, syndicates, conclave, and so forth, that you never really feel like you’re just doing the same thing over and over again.

Hey, it’s free, right? If you decide to give it a shot, you’ve got nothing to lose.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Ryzaerian

CanisWolfred wrote:

Using Ivara's sleep arrows or Equinox's Night Form sleep ability, it can arguably be easier playing solo!

I freaking love Ivara. Sleep arrows, noise arrows, cloak arrows, dashwire, Prowl, Pickpocketing, Artemis bow. She has such a great kit. Well, except I haven’t figured out a viable use for Navigator. xD

And once you mod Prowl with Infiltrate (25% speed increase, undetectable to security barriers), she becomes one of the most fun frames in the game.

Right now for me, it’s Trinity Prime for most challenging group stuff, Oberon for when I need a more balanced approach, and Ivara for Spy, Sabotage, Capture, Rescue and pure, unadulterated fun.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

Bevinator

I need to get back into this game. I just stopped playing it for no particular reason and I was really enjoying it. For some reason I prefer playing it with the multiplayer component turned off to.

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Ryzaerian

@Yorumi I’ve got everything but Systems built for Oberon Prime. Unfortunately, most people are selling sets, and I just need that one part. Not a big deal cause I’m still one MR away from being able to build him, but I might have to farm Systems myself, as I did with the rest.

I use Trin Prime for all of the harder group stuff. Everybody loves endless energy and life. 😁

@Bevinator Go for it! It’s already my most-played game (in terms of hours) by far. I’ve barely touched Smash. It’s an addiction!

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian

@Yorumi

I finally got the Systems tonight. But I’m only halfway to MR8. xD

Ryzaerian

@Yorumi That’s exactly what I’ve been doing. I still have a few levels left on my Loki frame, and about 15 on Excalibur, and then it’s just all weapons. Running an affinity booster too.

Once I hit MR 8 and build my Oberon Prime (which I’m sure I’ll rush because I’m incapable of delayed gratification), I can relax a little.

I’ve basically wanted three frames: Trin Prime for endgame support, Oberon Prime for a more balanced playstyle, and Ivara for all things stealth.

Now it’ll just be a matter of finishing up my first 3 Syndicates (New Loka is done, Perrin is one rank away, and Red Veil just started), and grinding some focus. Vazarin for the Trin, and Zenurik for Obie and Ivara. And of course continued weapon, mod, and starmap progression.

But once I’ve got Oberon Prime, I’ll feel like the foundation is set.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

SwitchForce

I can say my nephew in whom is way younger then me by many numbers said it runs better on the Switch then on a gaming spec laptop.

SwitchForce

OfNullAndVoid

I've yet to get a complete set of blueprints to build a warframe other than the starter one, though mostly because I've been focusing on getting all areas unlocked. That said, are certain missions more likely to yield warframe blueprints than others? I know the relics give a % chance to get some of the prime ones, though I'm fine with getting non-prime ones, since I've been doing fine with Excalibur. So far I've made it up to Ceres, and I have to figure out how to defeat the guardian of the Jupiter junction, so I can get warframes prior to that.

Also, what should I do when I run out of warframe & weapon slots? Do I sell ones to make room for new ones, or should I start trading for platinum so I can unlock slots? So far I used the started 50 platinum to get more weapon slots once (12 plat I think it was).

So far I'm still enjoying the game a lot. I thought I'd stop playing it as soon as I got Smash Ultimate, but I'm actually playing both a bit each day, something of a rarity as I tend to drop one game in favor of another.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Ryzaerian

@OfNullAndVoid

Some frames have general drop locations (e.g. Oberon from Eximus units), while others come from very specific bosses or missions. If you’re looking for particular components, you can Google their farming locations.

As far as sell/keep weapons and frames, that’s up to you. Keep in mind that some frames are better suited for certain roles. For example, I use a Trin Prime for difficult group content, Oberon Prime when I want more offense/defense balance (for Interceptions, for example) and Ivara for Spy, Rescue, and Capture because she has an incredible stealth kit. Once you have her Infiltrate mod, you can Prowl through lasers and sensors without setting them off.

It’s almost inevitable that you’ll eventually need to upgrade your slots, but you can learn to make your own Platinum from the player trade, rather than buying it.

OfNullAndVoid

@Ryzaerian @Yorumi Thanks for the advice! I actually managed to check out the website Warframe Market, which will help me price my sales right. Generally I have no idea what's hot and what's not, and I typically end up hurting myself in terms of sales, so this will help.

As for frames, I'll likely sell of duplicate blueprints, as I'm a sucker for collecting, which is why I'll definitely need to expand my slots. Fortunately I haven't gotten a complete set of warframe blueprints yet, so I can hold off on expanding the warframe slots.

Let me know if there's anything you're looking for and I'll see if I have it.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Ryzaerian

@OfNullAndVoid

Keep in mind, you can only sell PRIME Warframe blueprints and components to other players. The same goes for weapons. Mods are less restrictive.

Also, make sure you’re specifically looking at the Switch Warframe market. Otherwise, it will take you to the PC one.

https://switch.warframe.market/

Edited on by Ryzaerian

CanisWolfred

Alright, so I quit this game after 8+ months of playing for a multitude of reasons - fatigue, a general lack of challenge, the grind getting to me (mostly due to most of the content that came with Fortuna honestly being pretty lame outside of the actual open world itself, which was nigh-unplayable in Public Online on PS4 when I last touched it, so ranking got tedious really quick always having to play solo or beg for help in chat), and not really feeling like I had much of value to look forward to. Not to mention I became so painfully familiar with the game, I could write a book on all the little things that this game does wrong. It's not a terrible game mind you, it's just what happens when I spend that much time with a game and study how it works. This is game in over a decade that I've ever experienced this, though, so I thought I'd point it out.

And you wouldn't you know it, Digital extremes laid out their plans for the year, and it looks like they want to address pretty much every complaint I (and many others in the community) have had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9QpXSGryg

There's too much for me to summarize in any meaningful detail, but needless to say, I think I'll have a lot to look forward to when I come back to it in a few months.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jr-wolf

Hi all! Long time lurker to Nintendo life forum but first time poster.

I have just started to play Warframe the last few days and WOW, what a great F2P game it is. Although the learning curve seems to a bit crazy but there are some brilliant tutorial videos out there and well so far I have really enjoyed my experience.

I was just wondering how is the in-game community, I am a UK player, playing on the European server and there does not seem to be much activity (sometimes absolutely none) in the cities, the main chat channels etc and I can count on one hand the amount of people I have been able to run missions with. Just wondering as I don't want to time sink into this and get to a point its nigh on impossible to progress due to the population being "dead".

Does anyone have experience on the European servers? Is it worth changing to an American based server? (Are they more populated?)

Cheers

Jr-wolf

Zimon

@Jr-wolf I'm not certain since I'm new myself but I think most people use clans so maybe that's why there is not much activity in the region chat?

That being said, I really need to find a EU clan!

Zimon

Ryzaerian

Warframe's Switch population hit one million players as of December of last year. There may have been some initial drop-off, but I haven't noticed any population issues, at least as a US-based player.

Keep in mind that it's hard to gauge activity in a universe where everything is instanced. Most people rarely use chat or hang out in the relays. I always see players in Eidolon and Fortuna. But the majority of players, at any given time, are in their orbiter, or in a mission throughout the vast Warframe universe.

My suggestion would be to join a clan, preferably one within a larger alliance.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

CanisWolfred

Yeah, joining a clan (or at least making your own, if you have the time and resources to invest in one) seem practically mandatory in Warframe. Now that they've shown off Railjack some more (now called Empyrean), it seems like Clans will be even more important.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Zimon

@CanisWolfred Yup! Good thing is since Tennocon I've seen at least 50 ppl in region chat when I log in. So the hype and the new Prime seems to have helped, for now.

Zimon

DannyBoi

How do I complete Warframe? I have just killed Vor.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Zimon

@DannyBoi You can see all quests in the codex on your ship.

For now I highly recommend you start working your way through the planets.

Venus will be your 2:nd planet.
While you are there do the node on Fossa a few times and try to collect 1 Rhino Chassi, 1 Rhino Neuroptics and 1 Rhino Systems that drops from the boss there.

After that work your way to Mercury and finally Mars. When you get to Mars you can start to collect gallium which you need for the Rhino parts.

Finnally check out the Market in your ship. Go to Warframes and look up Rhino. You need to buy a Rhino Blueprint for 15.000 credits. Not platium mind you. Credits.
Congratulations. You can now craft your second Warframe.

Zimon

DannyBoi

The guardian of the solar rail(venus junction) is giving me hell.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic