Forums

Topic: TV resolution is stuck at 480p after Update 4.0.0

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

sixtyFour1337

After the new Update 4.0.0 the tv resolution is stuck at 480p and I can't change it.
Right befor I did the update everthing was fine with the right resolution of 1080p.
Does anyone know how to fix it? I didn't found anything about it. It seems I'm the only one with this issue.
Thanks inb4

sixtyFour1337

Inertiacreep

what does it show in the switch menu where you change it?

Inertiacreep

vault103

@sixtyFour1337 same here. I output to a lcd display, and the resolution can't be set

vault103

OorWullie

It's as it should be for me, thankfully. Usually the first thing to try to solve an issue is a full reset. Hold the power button down for 12 seconds, power off and then leave it off for a few minutes. Hopefully this works for you both.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

wortel

My screen is zoom in and out after update :-/

wortel

Samus7Killer

Wow what a crappy update. Messing peoples sytems up. This sucks especially since SMO is just about to come out

Samus7Killer

mixology

Also my monitor is stuck at 480p

mixology

SKTTR

Switch Firmware Update 4.0.0 apparently deactivated/messed up some drivers that are needed to display 1080p and 720p resolution on LG monitors and LG smart tv's in docked mode.

On some of those LG displays, you can workaround the problem by setting 'Aspect Ratio' to OFF.

Still, to revert this issue, update 4.0.1 is hopefully coming out as soon as possible.

Until then many will have to play in that horrible low Wii 480p resolution or in handheld mode.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

Update 4.0.1 is out now and it fixes the LG tv problem.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Bennytek

Tried full resetting it, and I have the latest 4.0.1 update, but my monitor is still stuck at 480p... It was completely fine running at HD before the 4.0 update, but even the 4.0.1 update didn't fix my problem... Any help? (Dell monitor, by the way.)

Bennytek

Sisilly_G

480p?

Is that old chestnut still around?

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Znapperhead

I did a full reset because i had japanese news feed. Now i only have 480p. Before the reset i had all the options inkl 1080p. Undocked. have system v 5.0.1. Anyone found a solution?

Edited on by Znapperhead

Znapperhead

SwitchForce

Znapperhead wrote:

I did a full reset because i had japanese news feed. Now i only have 480p. Before the reset i had all the options inkl 1080p. Undocked. have system v 5.0.1. Anyone found a solution?

Before here did you contact Nintendo Support as well?

SwitchForce

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.