Forums

Topic: The Wonderful 101: Remastered on Switch

Posts 61 to 80 of 138

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I wondered the same, but @link3710 's explanation makes sense. I'm still debating about whether or not I'll use my code or just give it away. I don't mind waiting for the game; as I've stated in more than one place, I have plenty to play these days. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

I've asked a few people but I cant believe it's this hard to get rid of a free game lol.

Does anyone want my steam backer code? I cant use it unfortunately.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@baller98 oh boy, I dont got Twitter or Instagram or fb lol. I can post it on here if you're ready to download it?

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Been playing on Switch Lite, v2 Switch and Steam. Love that they gave me a free Steam code. I would’ve bought later down the road on sale anyways because I want all good games on Steam for posterity having an ultimate collection across all generations, though I do uninstall games that also come to Switch because I only have 10 TB of SSD space, and have to use it wisely for a collection of games spanning multiple generations on Steam.

It’s great in 4k via Steam, but honestly, playing on NSW looks basically just as good. Looks boss in handheld mode. I love having the touch screen there just in case for drawing shapes. I typically use the analog but sometimes, with the harder shapes in the later game, it’s nice to be able to draw them.

I beat Wonderful 101 on Wii U, and it remains one of my favorite games of the last decade. It feels a little different this time playing on NSW, both in a good way and a bad way. I guess the bad is the fact that no camera control bothers me more now than it used to. It’s not that big of a deal because they did a good job on this game but it is a little awkward getting used to again. The good is having an HD version of this game on handheld with touch support... such a thing was only a dream a few short years ago. Who would’ve thought the full console games we were buying just five years ago, are now handheld games with 100% parity. That’s so cool. The novelty never wears off.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

Well folks, I'm also looking to offload a free Steam key for The Wonderful 101: Remastered. I prefer waiting for the physical Switch version I'll be receiving and won't die if I don't play it soon. XD First come first serve, though I'd like it to go to someone who may genuinely enjoy the game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

SomeBitTripFan

@Tyranexx I already own the original on Wii U, but would really like to pick up a PC copy. I'd like it, if you're up for it.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Tyranexx

@SomeBitTripFan Sure! How would you like me to send it to you? I don't do a lot with social media, but I could email it to you. I can also @ you in a dead area of the site as well.

SomeBitTripFan

@Tyranexx An email to some1bit1trip1fan [at] gmail [dot] com would work. Thanks a ton!

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Tyranexx

@SomeBitTripFan No prob! Email sent! You should receive it from another Gmail address. Let me know if you get it!

Tyranexx

@SomeBitTripFan Awesome! Good to know. 👍 Enjoy!

Edited on by Tyranexx

JaxonH

Who's playing?

I'm up to Chapter 3 now. Or Mission 3, whatever it's called.

I have Unite Guts, Unite Spring, Unite Tombstone, Attack Liner, Speed Liner, and the one where overcharging health fills unite gage and vise versa. Trying to save up for the one where you can make Unite Morphs larger by holding Y. And I want Unite Rocket, Ball and Camp. But those are lower priority.

Just like on Wii U, once the game clicked, it really clicked. It's just so much fun drawing shapes and battling, exploring for secrets, etc.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

So that 4/10 review score from Gamespot might be the best piece of click-bait I've seen so far this year.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-wonderful-101-remastered...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
They’re a bunch of morons. Same people who gave DKC Tropical Freeze, arguably the greatest 2D platformer of all time, a 6/10, citing “bland environments”. Bland environments? What? That game had some of the most beautiful and inventive environment of any platformer in the last decade

People complain about a lot of sites, but GameSpot is the one I absolutely despise.

Wonderful 101 is genuinely one of the most fun action games of all time. It’s not perfect. The camera view can be an issue. For sure. Difficulty spikes are a thing. Sometimes the gestures aren’t correctly recognized. I’m sure there are more flaws you could list if you really sat down to think about it.

But the game is SO fun, SO incredibly unique, SO refreshing, that it rises well above those flaws to offer one of my favorite games of the Wii U era.

I rate Wonderful 101 9/10 If not for those flaws, it would be a 10/10 all day.

And this is why we can’t have nice things. Any time a game dares to do something different in a meaningful way, challenging the status quo of how a game is played, clowns like this GameSpot reviewer crap all over it because it’s not the rote and routine assembly line product they’re used to. Again, not saying the game is perfect. I am all too aware of its flaws. But the core gameplay is so freaking good, those niggles get lost in the shadow of the game’s greatness.

IGN gave the game a 9/10. How does a reviewer justify scoring a game less than half that of other sites? Either it’s intentional trolling for clicks, the reviewer genuinely does not know how to play the game properly, or the reviewer has an immediate bias.

Edited on by JaxonH

kkslider5552000

Yeah, I really can't anyone seriously on disliking Wonderful 101. I mean, they're allowed to I guess, and the game DOES have its frustrations, but not getting it is not the same as it being bad.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

I always used the analog stick anyways, even in the Wii U version, so it’s no difference. But in handheld mode you can use the touch screen, and it works same as the Wii U gamepad. Only differences you’re drawing it on the screen with the characters as opposed to the secondary screen.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic