Forums

Topic: The Wonderful 101: Remastered on Switch

Posts 21 to 40 of 138

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO @link3710 thanks, with that said, sounds like I might go for being a backer, which I've never done. But I'd really like to get that 2d adventure. $41 bucks for the physical doesn't sound that bad.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I would do the same if I didn’t own the game on the Wii u. For that price, you won’t be disappointed and if it does come with all the extras and dlc. You really can’t go wrong.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I think it's a tad higher if shipping is tacked onto that total, but it still doesn't seem to be a bad deal. I'm also considering backing this. I've never done anything with Kickstarter before.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx true. It'll be closer to 50 or so, but that still isn't bad if you planned on grabbing the dlc.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Nope, it's definitely not a bad deal, all things considered. I'm not too keen on getting blocked by Hideki Kamiya though. XD I don't even have a Twitter account!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx just created an account on kickstarter to see what shipping is. Total for physical and shipping is $46. Think ill probabaly do that by next paycheck.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Yep, I went through the process up until it told me I needed an account; $46 is what I got as well.

I haven't bothered with Kickstarter before as projects there tend to have a checkered history. There have been success stories to be sure. In Platinum's case, I don't mind much as they're an established studio, plus TW101 already exists.

link3710

I feel like the sole person who hasn't gotten burned on Kickstarter sometimes, every time it comes up someone talks about how bad tit is. And it's not like I haven't seen Mighty No 9 for myself to know some are certainly disasters.

But eh, I find it's generally worth it. Looking forward to Summer of Mara that I backed coming out next and I right now it looks like the game will exceed my initial expectations.

link3710

NintendoByNature

So now that there's a definitive release date for TW101, I'm hoping someone can clarify since i wasn't able to gather information on the NL article from today.

Whats in store for backers and non backers?

Non Backers

-release date is about a month later than backers?
-physical release is or isn't available?
-what about all the dlc add ons that were stretch goals? Can be obtained but at a charge?

Backers

• get the game a month earlier with special cover
  • get all dlc stretch goals at no charge?

Still outweighing my options for this.. id rather not have to back it if there's no incentive which is why im asking..

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature Some or all DLC paid for non-backers (at least the Lucca's missions.) Some may be in the form of free updates however. Either way, it all will be available. All DLC that is from stretch goals is free for backers in either case.

No delay has been announced for backers despite an update after the release date was revealed, so as far as we've been informed they're still targeting sometime in April for them, digital and physical. So somewhere between a few weeks and a month + earlier, yes.

Special cover is a thing.

Physical is a thing for non-backers, Nighthawk Interactive is apparently handling distribution, hence the staggered release dates rather than a world wide simultaneous release.

link3710

Magician

I didn't back the kickstarter after my awful experience backing Bloodstained, but I'll be buying a copy once this hits wide distribution.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@link3710 thanks for the info. I May play it safe and do the backing. Especially with free dlc.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

I ended up backing this. It came out to $47 bucks with shipping, and I think the standard release is $40? All and all, seems like a good purchase with free dlc and a special cover for only a few bucks more.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I finally caved and backed the physical version yesterday. 41 hours left! The Kickstarter is close to the $2 million mark. It might reach that stretch goal if there's an influx of backers over the next couple of days.

Grumblevolcano

The Kickstarter has passed $2 million so the Luka's Second Mission goal has been reached.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

That's great news. Really looking forward to this.

NintendoByNature

Quarth

The new trailer confirms there will be a physical release:

Edit: Didn't know the theme song was so kickass! Like some Saturday morning cartoon.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Tyranexx

That theme song is so stereotypically hero-like. It sounds awesome! Watching the trailer, I'm glad that I backed this game. It looks like great fun!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic