Forums

Topic: The Wonderful 101: Remastered on Switch

Posts 101 to 120 of 138

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx my copy is arriving tomorrow barring any unforeseen circumstances. Now I really need to finish bioshock so I can fire this up tomorrow lol

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Heh, funny story....My copy actually arrived today! I had completely forgotten to check the shipping status until this morning and was surprised it was already out for delivery via USPS. I opened it when I got home from work + an appointment.

Not sure when I'll get around to playing it yet. I'm buried deep in Xenoblade Chronicles lol. Before the delay, the intention was to play and beat it before XC:DE rolled around.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx nice!! I need to fire it up even for a few min. I did just beat bioshock actually, so im free a side from XC lol.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I'm already working on another game besides XC and am contemplating booting up a short indie game I picked up in the recent sale, so it'll definitely be a bit lol.

Kinda surprised you didn't get your copy today too, mine was processed near your neck of the woods before hitting my regional distribution center. Mail is weird. /shrug

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea good call. Not sure I'll give tw101 my full attention. So I may just fire it up for a few, focus on XC, and play a smaller title like crossing souls or shantae and the pirates curse

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I will give TW101 full attention when I do get to it....I'm just not sure when that will be lol. I'm definitely gonna need a short RPG break when I'm done with XC, so I may move onto it then.

...Or pull out something else from my backlog. XD

I'm gonna miss the faster game progression now that I'm back in the office full time. You'll likely pass me up in XC at this rate.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea, i ended up firing up shantae and the PC last night. So itll be that and XC. I really should devote the proper time to TW101 and I can't do that with XC In its way.

NintendoByNature

Reprise

My copy hasn't shipped yet... which countries have shipped and are they doing them in batches? I'm UK.

Reprise

NintendoByNature

@Reprise I'm in the u.s. but im not sure how they're shipping with regards to regions..

NintendoByNature

Reprise

@NintendoByNature Thanks, that's fine. I'm hoping I'll work it out by process of elimination. It's a shame they haven't posted any updates on which countries are shipping and when.

Reprise

Tyranexx

@Reprise Honestly I wasn't expecting to see my Switch copy until almost the end of this month, so I was pleasantly surprised.

@NintendoByNature I did notice you playing Shantae yesterday evening. I have no experience with the series but have heard it's decent.

Reprise

@Tyranexx Yeah, same man. To be fair, official release isn't until July now and I usually just have a 'sit back, be patient, ignore most updates, and be pleasantly surprised whenever it comes out' with most Kickstarters and crowdfunded projects (and that's at the best of times when COVID-19 isn't causing worldwide issues), since I can't think of a single project I've supported that hasn't had some kind of issue or delay.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't been forgotten about or left out. I guess UK copies haven't begun shipping yet or are being shipped out slowly in batches.

Reprise

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I don't either lol. It's my real first time diving in. I'll fill you in as time goes on

NintendoByNature

Reprise

Just got my shipping confirmation

Reprise

NintendoByNature

The sleeve (covering the case) is absolutely awesome!

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Looking forward to your impressions!

I agree, the sleeve is pretty cool! I'm a sucker for holographic art. It's been that way since I was a kid. XD IIRC these covers are exclusive to backers too. The retail release will look different.

@Reprise Awesome! It should be there before you know it!

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx it is exclusively to backers. That was my excuse for getting the game to my wife. I said, "see!!! That's why i got this. This is one in like 35000 copies in the world." At least I think that's correct haha

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Reprise

@Tyranexx Unfortunately it seems they're shipping all copies from the US regardless of region, so it'll be a few weeks, but I'm sure it'll be here before I know it.

The backer exclusive sleeve looks amazing. It's probably one of the best ones I remember. The Bloodstained one was pretty meh in my opinion and the less said about the Shenmue 3 one the better!

Reprise

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Kinda curious to know how that conversation with Mrs. NBN played out.

@Reprise Bummer. I had assumed the copies would have a point of origin on each continent (plus Japan) at the very least, then distribute from there. Barring Antarctica, obviously. XD

I remember hearing rumbles about the Bloodstained sleeve. Was the Shenmue 3 sleeve that bad?

Reprise

@Tyranexx The Shenmue one felt very cheap and just appeared really amateur and ugly in my opinion. It had a really bland design and the spine was blank, so if you keep the sleeve on whilst storing the game on your shelf you'll have no idea what game it is. I seem to remember there may have even been a typo in the small print on the back that refers to publisher and developer details, but I might be thinking of something else. Here: https://www.videogameshelf.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/She...

Reprise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic