Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt − Complete Edition

Posts 481 to 499 of 499

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

I remember hoarding all the Gwent cards I could find. There's even a neat Easter Egg card hidden in the Hearts of Stone part of Velen.

What is this? Doesn't sound familiar but I thought I got them all.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I'm just going to collect all the gear but I did start with the Griffin set. I even have the plans for some of the master set for those already I stumbled upon. I'm level 24 now and it's not too hard beating nearly 10 levels higher. I even had to bump the difficulty up about 5 to 6 levels ago.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Mii_duck I'm playing the same way as you lol. DQ 11 is next on my agenda as well.

I got to Skellige and did what story they made me do then I went adventuring on my own again now for over 2 weeks. I did all I could do in the first area and that's it. Velen is just to big to stop what I'm doing and explore the whole map. That looks like 10 hours or more alone and I do want to get on with the story soon. I just did quests I accepted and tried not to take on any more. I'm sure there is well over 10 more I could take plus all the ? Spots.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dredlor

Ha dq11 is my next as well. See y’all in the dq11 thread next .

Dredlor

Mountain_Man

Just picked this up used at GameStop for $43 after taxes. That's $20 less than it sells for new!

The Mountain Man

Dezzy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I got to Skellige and did what story they made me do then I went adventuring on my own again now for over 2 weeks.

I love that there are games that exist where you can say this sentence.

Vanishing-Games

Finally beat the main story last Saturday! Also cleared out all bounties and secondary quests I could find from the main game. I did explore a lot but still have quite a few ?’s on the map and the last few treasure hunts for armor I’m not going to use.

Now I need to hit the expansions, but I’m going to take a little break before I get back to it. Mostly for my wife’s sake, haha If we did not have anything planned my weekends were filled with plenty of Witcher!

It’s been a long time since a game has sucked me in like Witcher has though, just an incredible game from top to bottom.

Vanishing-Games

BruceCM

There's plenty in the expansions, @Vanishing-Games .... Even if you have done absolutely everything else, which is unlikely

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Dezzy

@Vanishing-Games

You should keep in mind that Hearts of Stone pretty much fits seamlessly into the main game. It's really just a very big side-quest within the main game.

Mii_duck

A few random thoughts - avoiding spoilers, hopefully.

I found a Quest in a garden in Skellige really annoying, kept getting lost. And the story arc is achingly sad for one character. I'm glad I got to give him a dab of happiness.

After a sauna... A gloriously gratuitous sauna. But an equal age opportunity one.

There is a long scene where Geralt gets drunk with friends. I laughed more than I should at that, especially when some of Yen's items were involved. It was cool though, like the developers were cutting loose and having a giggle.

I'm currently on the Isle of Mists... And again laughed more than I should at a... Dopey... fate of one character.

Edited on by Mii_duck

Mii_duck

NotTelevision

@Spoony_Tech You’ve touched on an interesting dilemma early in the game. It’s not the type of game that seems designed so you can tackle all the quest in a given area, then move on to the next. I just started replaying this game and have taken Witcher contracts in Velen that were well beyond my level. I chipped away at a beast’s health bar for 10 minutes last night because I just wanted to check that box.

Moving onto Novigrad for sanity’s sake would have been a better choice 😅

NotTelevision

Mii_duck

I think I'm about to have a bit of a battle.

I've been worrying about level progression as the last few quests have given between 2 and 25 XP, but in my preparations I lept instantly from level 26 to level 29. Nice.

Edited on by Mii_duck

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

Ah.

Not crying, just seem to have a bit of dust in my eye...

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

Gawd this game is amazing. I remember quite a few years ago, on a car forum of all places, a discussion about art and films. Someone mentioned video games, and they were shouted down, that games should be considered as an art form equal to films.

This was around the time of the first Metal Gear Solid on PS1. An experience that blew me away after a long break from gaming, how far we'd come. Yet I didn't feel games were quite there yet, that I could defend them 100%

I think now, with the investment and immersion games like the Witcher 3 give, they are worthy of being considered in the same breath as films or books. Different, of course but equally able to provide moments, to stir and raise emotions.

Mii_duck

komodo182

@Mii_duck I regard video games higher than films myself. But I am not a movie guy. I might watch one movie per year now (in 2018 I didn't watch a single movie and 2019 I only watched the original jurassic park again).

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Maelwolf

Just finished Heart of Stone, it was absolutely amazing. You know you have good storytelling when there doesn’t need to be combat every 5 minutes to keep you invested in what you are doing. Just started Blood and Wine and my initial impressions are equally positive. Really glad this came to Switch as it would have been a shame to never experience what’s turning out to be probably the best RPG I’ve ever played.

Maelwolf

komodo182

@Maelwolf Blood and Wine is large enough to basically be its own game imo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

alpacatears

I bought this on the PS4 a few days ago because it was only 15 Euro on a sale. I'm starting to get into it and it's really fun. I have a feeling that this will be like Skyrim where I'll double dip and get this on Switch too. I'll probably wait till after the Xmas period when finances are a touch more stable.

alpacatears

NotTelevision

@Mii_duck I’d say The Witcher 3 is more of a refinement of the pre-existing cinematic experiences in gaming than an outright rethinking of them. That alone is worthy of consideration since it has some of the best storytelling in any game I’ve ever played. The characters elevate the whole experience, which doesn’t necessarily play to the strengths of the video game medium alone, but it’s too often overshadowed by other considerations by developers. At least beyond caricature, which I often like but it’s far too common.

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic