Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt − Complete Edition

Posts 441 to 460 of 472

Spoony_Tech

I'm doing a quest that has Bart in it. I think I now have a new favorite character in this game. If nothing else for a good laugh.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

MERG wrote:

@Spoony_Tech 60 hours? Dang! I like how the side quests are meaningful, not just simply errands.

It is about a 200 hour game, if you're doing everything.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MERG

@Dezzy That's almost frighten to think about.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Ralizah

I'm expecting it'll end up being a 100+ hour experience for me, once I'm done with the DLC and everything. I don't plan on doing a 100% run, since a lot of the sidequests, while well-written, aren't particularly rewarding, and I've been ignoring Gwent entirely.

Definitely doing all of the side quests that tie into the main story, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@MERG I can tell you I'm tracking at over 200 hours. Today for instance I set out to do a certain number of things and didn't get to one of them. I wanted to finish a story arc and work on them and the story just kept opening up to more interesting things to do. Some side others not.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BruceCM

Witcher contracts are usually pretty simple, @Spoony_Tech & most secondary quests aren't that involved, overall But story related secondary quests are mostly quite long & there's some others that are pretty complicated, too
You'll probably find you're getting underlevelled if you do just focus on strictly story quests, though & needless to say, you get some great gear from treasure hunts/ hidden/ guarded treasure & so on, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

MERG

@Spoony_Tech I'm quite sure that I'll be over 200 hours when all is said and done. I like to poke around alot which only adds time.

Octane

@MERG I did a nearly complete run (didn't get all the loot), and I clocked in at around 300 hours after everything was said and done.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@BruceCM I got all the Griffin gear and yesterday I got 2 quests for upgrades and that's what I wanted to do today yet none of that happened. I'm pretty sure I'm locked in another hour or 2 with what I'm doing now.

MERG said:

MERG

@Octane holy crap...that’s a lot of time!

BruceCM

Huh, those hunts do get you around, @Spoony_Tech .... Usually having to find a diagram at a time If you're around the right level to wear the current gear, the upgrades will be higher level Can't remember details on just which levels those were now. There's several upgrades to all those sets, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Octane

@MERG TBF, it took me nearly a year, and I took a long break between the main game + hearts of stone and the second DLC pack blood & wine. I played The Last Guardian and a couple of other games in between. I finished just in time before Breath of the Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn. Haven't played an open world since

Octane

MERG

@Octane I can see how that would burn one out!

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

particularly rewarding, and I've been ignoring Gwent entirely.

Dude you need to remedy that error. Gwent is awesome. One of the best card-games in any RPG. It also plays into some story missions. Like there's a tournament to participate in at one point, where there are actual story-related benefits if you win.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy I'm so upset I didn't play one hand of qwent yesterday. I'm having a harder time finding new people to play. I almost have enough points to enter that tournament as well. I'm sitting at 4 out of 5.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Mostly merchant's and a few here and there with an ! Will play as well. There are some bigger players to play in quest related card games a bit later on. Don't miss out on when you can play or you might miss a card you can never get again due to events that happen.

MERG said:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech Thanks...I'll keep my eye out.

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Oh I should mention you only need to win once from everyone you play to get their card. You can't win more cards. Pay attention to the color of the speech to see if you already played that person and won. I will normally not leave until I've won their card. Very rare cases their cards were just too strong for me to win.

I also buy card when I see them. Even if they're not very good just to have them. I now have 3 decks I can use the last deck I'm still not even close to being able to play yet.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic