Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,207

BlackTalon2

any on rails shooters on the switch? and physical only. like the old Time Crisis games.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Magician

BlackTalon2 wrote:

any on rails shooters on the switch? and physical only. like the old Time Crisis games.

Gal Gun 2 is the only one I'm aware of.

Then you also have the gallery shooter, Wild Guns: Reloaded.

House of Dead 1&2 ports are in production, but a physical release isn't confirmed yet.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ScottNintendo

GRID if you want a simulation racing game on switch, it's getting online update too.

SN

NintendoSlav

I'm here to reccomend Ys 8: Lacrymosa of Dana to anyone looking for a brilliant combat and story focused RPG. Just finished my first playthrough (took about 50 hours with a few side quests) and I felt like giving it a standing ovation at the end.

Like I said, if you enjoy fun, satisfying yet strategic combat, as well as an immersive and evolving story/writing, this is definitely worth the price. Apparently it has different endings too based on your in-game reputation.

NintendoSlav

Ruthless4u

We have 700 dollars budgeted for a switch, game and accessories for my 11 year olds Christmas. With couch co-op in mind for 3 players any suggestions on games( he likes anything from Mario kart to borderlands to civilization)accessories?

Ruthless4u

SKTTR

Ruthless4u wrote:

We have 700 dollars budgeted for a switch, game and accessories for my 11 year olds Christmas. With couch co-op in mind for 3 players any suggestions on games( he likes anything from Mario kart to borderlands to civilization)accessories?

For 3 players? You gonna need 2 more Controllers (maybe 1 more Joy-Con set and 1 Switch Pro Controller?)

He likes Mario Kart? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is on Switch.
Civilization? Sid Meier's Civilization VI is on Switch.
Borderlands? Not available on Switch. I can't think of similar titles... though I have not played Borderlands. So, by a long stretch maybe something like Splatoon 2 or Skyrim?
(Warframe, Fortnite, Paladins, are free to play. Overwatch is coming soon.)

3 player couch-co-op? I'd love to say Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Crafted World, Hyrule Warriors, but they're only 2 player co-op. For 3 players Super Smash Bros. Ultimate should be a no brainer. And if you haven't tried it yet, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is a big pack for up to 4 players.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Krull

Here’s a question for all you WRPG fans... The Witcher 3 or Divinity: Original Sin 2? If you had to pick just one (because time is precious!) for someone had played neither before, which would you choose, and why?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Magician

@Krull - Although both are excellent, I recommend The Witcher 3 over Divinity Original Sin 2. TW3 is an open world rpg. It's a genre gamers are more familiar with thanks to the popularity of Skyrim, BotW, etc. Where as DOS2 is a character rpg. A more challenging, slower-paced genre of game.

With a crpg, you can easily enter an failed game state if you construct your character or your party poorly.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

AndyD

Okay between FFX or XII....which is better? Was thinking of picking one up off the shop during the sale.

Also, Alliance Alive HD or Dragon Quest XI? I know those are different but they are my 2 options.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Krull

@Magician That’s a good answer. Still a bit torn, though. Although I haven’t played The Witcher 3, I feel like I get plenty of open-world experiences. Whereas I haven’t played a proper CRPG since (checks watch) ... a very long time, and Divinity 2 is pretty much regarded as the acme of its type.

Probably will go Witcher 3, though. All those GOTY awards must mean something.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Ralizah

@scubydo
FFX has classic turn based combat triggered by random encounters, is overtly linear, and has a storyline heavy with romance and traditional fantasy elements.

FFXII has enemies on the map, a fusion of real-time and turn-based combat (you auto-attack enemies, but you can pause at any time and issue specific commands; you can set up what are called Gambits, which will allow you to basically program in-depth how your character approach battles), becomes much more open-ended over the course of the game, and has a grounded and "realistic" story that is grounded in political intrigue.

I vastly prefer XII, but X is a beloved game by many, and it's worth mentioning that the X/X-2 HD Collection comes with two separate games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

Krull wrote:

Probably will go Witcher 3, though. All those GOTY awards must mean something.

You can't go wrong either way, both TW3 and DOS2 are considered two of the top-twenty games for this generation of platforms.

BruceCM

FFXII, @scubydo .... if only because you can't buy FFX individually I'm getting Alliance Alive as well, myself but if you have to choose, I'd say DQXI

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

AndyD

Okay final decision time. I am off work all next week, and our kids will be at our parents, so I will have a lot of free time - DQXI, a FF game on sale, TW3, Alliance Alive HD, or God Eater 3 (which is also on sale)??????????

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

darkfenrir

I vote for DQXI, it's really charming JRPG!

darkfenrir

Leon_Kennedy

@scubydo

FFX or FFXII is a tricky one as they are very different, I would argue FFXII doesn’t feel or play like a traditional final fantasy so if you like final fantasys and want more of the same then I would go for FFXII.

If you’ve played Xenoblade chronicles x FFXII plays more like that.

Leon_Kennedy

Chimaj

So, Cosmic Star Heroine is on sale 70%, should I buy it?

Chimaj

Magician

Chimaj wrote:

So, Cosmic Star Heroine is on sale 70%, should I buy it?

I'm my opinion, Cosmic Star Heroine is a better nod to Chrono Trigger than I Am Setsuna or Lost Sphear try to be, if that helps at all.

NotTelevision

I just saw Obra Dinn is coming to Switch tomorrow. Cool stuff.

It was by far my favorite game of last year, and 2018 had some great releases.

If you are on the fence about it being worth 20 bucks, don’t be. Totally absorbing experience for fans of atmospheric adventure games.

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic