Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,000

Ralizah

Disgaea 1 is worth playing if you've never experienced it before. It has the best cast of the four or so Disgaea games I've played.

Ralizah

Magician

@scubydo Disgaea is a solid strategy/rpg series, maybe the best games outside of Ys VIII published by NIS on the Switch. The Lost Child and The Labyrinth of Refrain are dungeon/rpg games. The Labyrinth of Refrain is great, on par with the Etrian Odyssey series. The Lost Child, while not bad, is a lesser game than TLoR. And The Caligula Effect is an average jrpg that feels out of date with its combat mechanics.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 408 games (as of September 17th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

redfed

What games would you recommend from the NIS America sale? I’ve been eyeing lapis labyrinth and lacrimosa of dana but would like to hear others opinion.

redfed

jump

redfed wrote:

What games would you recommend from the NIS America sale? I’ve been eyeing lapis labyrinth and lacrimosa of dana but would like to hear others opinion.

Disgaea 5 is great value at that price.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

darkfenrir

Ys8 is really fun ARPG, I had tons of fun playing that one

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Ralizah

@redfed While the port itself is imperfect (some weird resolution issues at times, and certain endgame areas have pretty major framerate issues), Ys VIII is an absolutely fantastic game, and more than worth the asking price in that sale. I got 70 or so good hours out of it when I played it on Switch last year.

Design-wise, it has lightning-fast ARPG combat, tons of gameplay systems that feed into a constantly compelling loop (between crafting, questing, learning more about the people trapped on the island with you, going on raids, defending your base, collecting stuff, etc. you're always finding or doing something new and worthwhile), and an almost Zelda-like progression structure that opens up more of the island to you as you collect upgrades and tools in story dungeons.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Henmii

I am currently playing Yooka Laylee and I am positively surprised. I mean, I feared It would be sub-par seeing as how many bad reviews it got. But I think its a very nice Banjo Kazooie tribute with lots of variety in its tasks. It has only 5 levels, but they are very big. And overall the game is much longer then expected (almost 30 hours in, and still stuff to collect). Graphics, music, humor, controls, everything is spot on (minus some collision detection). Is it as good as the original Banjo Kazooie? No, but its still tons of fun (even if it has super frustrating parts like Kartos or Hurdle hijinx). I definitely look forward to The impossible lair, but hope that one day they will return to the free roaming 3D Yooka Laylee!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Henmii

Yesterday I have completed the entire game (Yooka Laylee). For the last bunch of pagies I used youtube-videos (I mean, the levels are gigantic and I couldn't find all the stuff). I am amazed that I have everything, seeing as some pagies are incredibly hard to get. The endboss was also VERY hard. Took me several times!

Now its waiting for the Impossible lair, and for the big Yooka Laylee secret to be revealed (I won't spoil it here but I give one hint: Pirate ship in Galleon galaxy).

Henmii

Woomy_NNYes

Has anyone gotten V-Rally 4 and liked it?

@Henmii Your comment may have pushed me to get Yooka Laylee. I've debated getting it for a while now.

Splatoon 2 - Usually play turf war, sometimes salmon run.
FC:
SW-5453-2229-5124 (level 97 & all other games)
SW-2689-6138-5686 (2nd splatoon profile)
Usr:Anderiah
eastern US.
Cough! (patiently waiting for A Hat in Time)

Woomy_NNYes

@Octane, or anyone who knows,
Is there a way to search this thread topic for key words, without searching other threads?

FC:
eastern US.

antdickens

@Woomy_NNYes searching posts within a thread? No, we don't currently have that feature... could you perhaps give some examples of how/when/why you'd want to do that?

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Woomy_NNYes

@antdickens
Sure. I wanted to search the 'Switch eShop recommendations' thread for posts with the word "cheap" in them. I was looking for cheap game recommendations. I found a cheap game that I liked recently, and wanted to see if anyone posted ones they liked.

There have been a few times recently that I've wanted to search a long thread for specific things. And they've been things that likely don't need a new thread started; Like a Splatoon 2 weapon, or the recent eShop "failure to load settings" restart error I've been seeing.

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

FC:
eastern US.

Henmii

@Woomy_NNYes,

That's nice to hear. Oh, by the way: According to this site Yooka Laylee has been discounted again in Europe. Again a 50% discount. Maybe that's some useful information?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

antdickens

@Woomy_NNYes thanks for the explanation and the suggestion - I've made a note of it. I can't promise anything quickly as we have other priorities at the moment, but next time I do some development on the forums I'll see what I can do!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

scubydo

Is there a big difference in the dead cells eshop version and the dead cells game of the year edition on the cartridge? I noticed the eshop is cheaper.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

tripletopper

If you have a GameCube compatible Wii, I recommend you buy Metal Slug Anthology, which is all the Neo Geo Metal Slug games on one CD. I recommended for the backwards-compatible Wii and not newer Wiis because of the GameCube port. Controls are very weird unless you use a GameCube controller.

tripletopper

Geekfest84

Hi guys, can anybody help me choose between Divinity Original sin 2 and the witcher 3 for next months game purchase please? I promised the wife I'd only buy one, and I'm a man of my word. Just can't make up my mind which to get. Got stung by pillars of eternity recently and ended up getting a refund. The more I played it the more it seemed broken. Don't really want that to happen again....

Thank you 😊

Geekfest84

Magician

Geekfest84 wrote:

Hi guys, can anybody help me choose between Divinity Original sin 2 and the witcher 3 for next months game purchase please? I promised the wife I'd only buy one, and I'm a man of my word. Just can't make up my mind which to get. Got stung by pillars of eternity recently and ended up getting a refund. The more I played it the more it seemed broken. Don't really want that to happen again....

Thank you 😊

Tough call. Both are considered two of the top 20 games from the past five years. It all comes down to the genre I suppose. You've played PoE, if you like that genre of game then give Divinity II a go. But my personal bias recommends The Witcher III. I still consider it to be the finest game on this generation of consoles.

Switch Physical Collection - 408 games (as of September 17th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Geekfest84

I must admit I'm a big fan of both, but leaning more towards divinity at the min. Thanks 👍

Geekfest84

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic