Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 2,207

ExtremelyTired

For anyone looking for a good open-world game with a great storyline and memorable characters then I would suggest Xenoblade Chronicles 2! There are many huge open-world "Titans" you explore during the game that have tons of collectibles and monsters. There are a whopping 14 hours of cutscenes during the main story line and a couple hours more of cutscenes for blade quests. This game takes a couple hundred hours to 100% as there is a NG+ mode as well, and it's definitely a great game that you can sink in a ton of time into without even realizing it! It's by far one of the best games on the Switch and I highly recommend checking it out!

Feel free to search up the plot of the game if this interests any of you.

~Tired

ExtremelyTired

AndyD

ExtremelyTired wrote:

For anyone looking for a good open-world game with a great storyline and memorable characters then I would suggest Xenoblade Chronicles 2! There are many huge open-world "Titans" you explore during the game that have tons of collectibles and monsters. There are a whopping 14 hours of cutscenes during the main story line and a couple hours more of cutscenes for blade quests. This game takes a couple hundred hours to 100% as there is a NG+ mode as well, and it's definitely a great game that you can sink in a ton of time into without even realizing it! It's by far one of the best games on the Switch and I highly recommend checking it out!

Feel free to search up the plot of the game if this interests any of you.

~Tired

I agree I have finished the main story once, last year. I am going to do a re-play soon...and really dig into a lot of the side quests and stuff to do along with the Torna expansion.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

ExtremelyTired

@scubydo Yessss, the Torna expansion is amazing. One of the most action packed endings I've seen in any type of DLC. Well worth imo.

ExtremelyTired

AndyD

Hey guys, I noticed on the shop that Disgaea 1, The Labyrinth of Refrain, The Lost Child, and The Caligula Effect are on sale. Are they worth grabbing? I enjoyed D5 and I enjoyed the Etrian series, so I know Labyrinth and The Lost Child are similar...and Caligula I noticed has a lot of decent reviews as a "Persona" clone. Any thoughts on if it would be worth getting these at these prices?? Some of them are almost over half off.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

Ralizah

Disgaea 1 is worth playing if you've never experienced it before. It has the best cast of the four or so Disgaea games I've played.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@scubydo Disgaea is a solid strategy/rpg series, maybe the best games outside of Ys VIII published by NIS on the Switch. The Lost Child and The Labyrinth of Refrain are dungeon/rpg games. The Labyrinth of Refrain is great, on par with the Etrian Odyssey series. The Lost Child, while not bad, is a lesser game than TLoR. And The Caligula Effect is an average jrpg that feels out of date with its combat mechanics.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

redfed

What games would you recommend from the NIS America sale? I’ve been eyeing lapis labyrinth and lacrimosa of dana but would like to hear others opinion.

redfed

jump

redfed wrote:

What games would you recommend from the NIS America sale? I’ve been eyeing lapis labyrinth and lacrimosa of dana but would like to hear others opinion.

Disgaea 5 is great value at that price.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

darkfenrir

Ys8 is really fun ARPG, I had tons of fun playing that one

darkfenrir

Ralizah

@redfed While the port itself is imperfect (some weird resolution issues at times, and certain endgame areas have pretty major framerate issues), Ys VIII is an absolutely fantastic game, and more than worth the asking price in that sale. I got 70 or so good hours out of it when I played it on Switch last year.

Design-wise, it has lightning-fast ARPG combat, tons of gameplay systems that feed into a constantly compelling loop (between crafting, questing, learning more about the people trapped on the island with you, going on raids, defending your base, collecting stuff, etc. you're always finding or doing something new and worthwhile), and an almost Zelda-like progression structure that opens up more of the island to you as you collect upgrades and tools in story dungeons.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Henmii

I am currently playing Yooka Laylee and I am positively surprised. I mean, I feared It would be sub-par seeing as how many bad reviews it got. But I think its a very nice Banjo Kazooie tribute with lots of variety in its tasks. It has only 5 levels, but they are very big. And overall the game is much longer then expected (almost 30 hours in, and still stuff to collect). Graphics, music, humor, controls, everything is spot on (minus some collision detection). Is it as good as the original Banjo Kazooie? No, but its still tons of fun (even if it has super frustrating parts like Kartos or Hurdle hijinx). I definitely look forward to The impossible lair, but hope that one day they will return to the free roaming 3D Yooka Laylee!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Henmii

Yesterday I have completed the entire game (Yooka Laylee). For the last bunch of pagies I used youtube-videos (I mean, the levels are gigantic and I couldn't find all the stuff). I am amazed that I have everything, seeing as some pagies are incredibly hard to get. The endboss was also VERY hard. Took me several times!

Now its waiting for the Impossible lair, and for the big Yooka Laylee secret to be revealed (I won't spoil it here but I give one hint: Pirate ship in Galleon galaxy).

Henmii

Henmii

@Woomy_NNYes,

That's nice to hear. Oh, by the way: According to this site Yooka Laylee has been discounted again in Europe. Again a 50% discount. Maybe that's some useful information?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

antdickens

@Woomy_NNYes thanks for the explanation and the suggestion - I've made a note of it. I can't promise anything quickly as we have other priorities at the moment, but next time I do some development on the forums I'll see what I can do!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

AndyD

Is there a big difference in the dead cells eshop version and the dead cells game of the year edition on the cartridge? I noticed the eshop is cheaper.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

tripletopper

If you have a GameCube compatible Wii, I recommend you buy Metal Slug Anthology, which is all the Neo Geo Metal Slug games on one CD. I recommended for the backwards-compatible Wii and not newer Wiis because of the GameCube port. Controls are very weird unless you use a GameCube controller.

tripletopper

Geekfest84

Hi guys, can anybody help me choose between Divinity Original sin 2 and the witcher 3 for next months game purchase please? I promised the wife I'd only buy one, and I'm a man of my word. Just can't make up my mind which to get. Got stung by pillars of eternity recently and ended up getting a refund. The more I played it the more it seemed broken. Don't really want that to happen again....

Thank you 😊

Geekfest84

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic