Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,193

noodlecade

cadence of hyrule or collection of mana?

noodlecade

Switch Friend Code: SW-7453-8315-0131 | 3DS Friend Code: 0705-8937-6457 | Nintendo Network ID: funktofunky

Magician

noodlecade wrote:

cadence of hyrule or collection of mana?

Rhythm/Action vs. Action/RPG, the two are very different from each other.

Yes to both?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

zool

I got a Fathers day gift, a £25 ($30) eshop voucher. I mostly buy physical games, but any suggestions for a games around that value. The only condition is, it must have a bit of replay value because it will have no resale value.

zool

BruceCM

You'll have to give us some idea what sorts of games you like.... @zool

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

zool wrote:

I got a Fathers day gift, a £25 ($30) eshop voucher. I mostly buy physical games, but any suggestions for a games around that value. The only condition is, it must have a bit of replay value because it will have no resale value.

There's a lot of games on sale now because of E3 which are under £25 if you're quick.

The various Lego games and the various Final Fantasy are huge time sinkers. NBA Playgrounds, Rocket League, Monster Hunter Generations have lots replay value and there's a few that are cheap as chips like Crypt of the NecroDancer and Fear Effect Sedna.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

zool

@BruceCM of course. Cadence of Hyrule, Resident Evil 4, Final fantasy x, Dragon Dogma, Monster boy, Katamari.

These are a few games I was considering, but reviews were mixed.

Is there a diamond game in that lot?

zool

BruceCM

Well, I'd always recommend FF games... Dragon's Dogma is great, imo, although I haven't finished it yet I'm waiting for a sale on RE4 & REmake, as I don't think they're worth the current prices Not played the others, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

What are people's thoughts on Little Nightmares? It's 70% off on the eShop right now and it's a game I've been interested in, but I've already spent so much in the past 2 weeks that I really don't need another game. Is this a must get at only $9, or is it merely pretty good? And is there a physical version in the US, because I'm confused by Amazon's listings when I looked it up.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Chimaj

Has anyone played both Trailblazers and Horizon Chase Turbo? There is a great review on HCT and many seems to like it but is Trailblazers any good? I've heard it's a bit like splatoon (which I love) and I'm really into co-op. Which one would you recommend?

Chimaj

AndyD

Aside from Mario Maker 2, are there any games currently out that you all would recommend as good games. Not looking for indie games so much. I have a ton of those already.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Magician

scubydo wrote:

Aside from Mario Maker 2, are there any games currently out that you all would recommend as good games. Not looking for indie games so much. I have a ton of those already.

Hmm, a highly subjective question. Any genre in particular? My default recommendation is always Bayonetta 1 & 2. My GotY choices for 2010 and 2014 respectively. You just don't get action games like these very often anymore.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Well, you probably played Odyssey...? @scubydo Give us some idea what sorts of games you like?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Monkeido

Graveyard Keeper, yes or no? I'll start of by saying that, I prefer to buy games physically, so if you think it'll release physically, I'd rather wait.

About the game itself, I don't mind grinding and can even get joy out of a bit of grinding (like grinding characters to higher levels in (J)RPG's). The graphics look very good to me and I love games like Stardew Valley. Any thoughts? ^^'

Monkeido

BruceCM

Now RE4 is on sale, is it worth getting .... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

Only if you're a diehard RE fan, or you somehow haven't played it on the myriad of other platforms it had previously been ported to. But it is the best portable version of RE4. Though I'm not sure how much portability factors into your game selecting decisions. Personally, I think RE5 is the better game (an emphasis on co-op, rpg-like equipment progression, etc), but I'm sure some would consider that opinion blasphemous.

BruceCM

Only played Revelations 1&2, @Magician ... Probably try other RE games when I get my XBox, then

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

brandas wrote:

Hi friends.

I recently got myself a Nintendo Switch and am looking for a good single player game, with a good story, strategy and puzzles and not over complicated (e.g. easy inventory management, etc). I played the original Shenmue for Dreamcast and absolutely loved it. Is there anything remotely similar to it for Switch?

Many thanks in advance,
Brandas

Hmm, strategy, puzzles, adventure, and a story? That's a unique blend of genres. I think you'll have a hard time finding a game that'll meet that criteria. Perhaps you should consider the action/adventure genre? Okami, Darksiders, etc.

There are very few games with strategy elements that aren't tactical rpg games (The Banner Saga, Disgaea, Mario + Rabbids, etc). Civilization VI is the only 4X game on Switch. Expand, explore, exploit, exterminate. That might be what you're looking for.

cambotero

Magician wrote:

BruceCM wrote:

Only if you're a diehard RE fan, or you somehow haven't played it on the myriad of other platforms it had previously been ported to. But it is the best portable version of RE4. Though I'm not sure how much portability factors into your game selecting decisions. Personally, I think RE5 is the better game (an emphasis on co-op, rpg-like equipment progression, etc), but I'm sure some would consider that opinion blasphemous.

Let's say that I have only played the original game like ages ago.
Right now, in the european eshop the prices are the following:
-RE : 19.79
-RE 0: 19.79
-RE 4: 19.79
-RE revelations: 11.99
-RE revelations 2: 14.99

Which one would you recommend?

cambotero

Magician

cambotero wrote:

Magician wrote:

BruceCM wrote:

Let's say that I have only played the original game like ages ago.
Right now, in the european eshop the prices are the following:
-RE : 19.79
-RE 0: 19.79
-RE 4: 19.79
-RE revelations: 11.99
-RE revelations 2: 14.99

Which one would you recommend?

$20 is still overpriced for a digital copy of any RE game as they often go on sale for $5-$7 on the PlayStation Store. Still, if Switch is your preferred platform, RE Revelations is reasonably priced. I thought it was amazing when I first played it back in 2012. Neither RE0 nor RE Rev 2 are essential gaming. Neither are bad games, just...easily forgettable.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic