Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,054

CharlieGirl

@EvilLucario the game's control options do sound promising.
Untitled

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

Chimaj

I really want a new Switch game but not sure which one. Been thinking about Ys 8, Diablo 3, Bayonetta 2 and Disgaea 5. I prefer exploring and open world, not only fights. If you've played any of these games what do you think about them? Thanks in advance 🙂

Chimaj

EvilLucario

@Chimaj Ys VIII has exploration but it isn't open world. It's more like a mix of Metroid-like progression. Combat's good enough.

Bayonetta 2 is all about fighting and does it the best out of almost everything else on the system. The level design is just set dressing to funnel you to the next fight.

Disgaea 5 is pure strategy.

Diablo 3 I have no idea.

Other games I could suggest if you don't have them are Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Dark Souls. Xenoblade 2 has a lot of big, open worlds with a lot of combat and a great story, and Dark Souls is pretty non-linear with great combat too.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Chimaj

@EvilLucario Thanks! Which one of those three do you prefer?
I've played all Xenoblades (1, X and 2) and love them. I was hoping at least Ys would be somewhat alike. I have Dark souls 3 for pc and will probably get the first for pc also.

Chimaj

EvilLucario

@Chimaj Bayonetta 2 is my favorite game of the three, mainly because it sets out to do one thing and one thing only: giving you a good time, be it through the spectacle and the very deep combat system that demands replays to really get the most out of. It's a 10 hour game, but it can be near infinite if you take the time to learn the nuances and super minor yet major at the same time techniques that can really spice things up.

Ys VIII is #2, and it's not exactly like Xenoblade. Combat is more inline with Kingdom Hearts and is completely real-time with dodging mechanics just like Bayonetta. It's pretty simplistic and not as in depth as Bayonetta or even Xenoblade, but it's still a great time. Story's good enough and I like all the characters. Soundtrack is ehh but there are some really great tunes.

I actually don't own Disgaea 5 so actually I'm not exactly familiar with it. But from what I gathered, people play it for the strategy and not much else, with a ridiculous endgame apparently that's "the real game". How true is that, no idea.

Dark Souls is fantastic though. I don't blame you for going with PC for 60fps, but it is phenomenal. I own Dark Souls II and III myself on PC which I'll get to soon enough (been playing DS1 and Bloodborne first), but yeah.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GeoChrome

I’m thinking of getting New Super Mario DX or Tropical Freeze. I already own Country 1, so is it pretty much more of the same or those it have enough improvements to qualify as a whole different level? I’ve also heard that U DX is pretty much the same as the other New titles, but I’ve only played DS and heard this was a vast improvement. Is this true?

Reading: Berserk, Bungou Stray Dogs, Vagabond
Watching: ?
Playing: Ōkami

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

toiletduck

@GyroZeppeli both great games, but I personally prefer NSMBU. Most people here will probably argue that DK:TF is the better game in terms of level design and whatnot, but personally I'm a bigger fan of the Mario level design and difficulty curve. If you're very good at platformers and looking for a challenge, you're probably better of with DK:TF. I've played Country 1 way back on the SNES, and I remember it was way easier than DK:TF is.

Another argument could be whether you're looking to play co-op. NSMBU is way better suited for that. The fast paced precision platforming of DK:TF just doesn't really work with 2 players, while some NSMBU stretches seem to be specifically designed for this.

toiletduck

GeoChrome

@toiletduck Thanks, I’m really not an expert at platforming and I couldn’t really handle DKCR. Co-op also does play a big part in deciding, do I think I’m going to get NSMBU.

Krull

@CharlieSmile This is late, but Cosmic Star Heroine - I think the title itself suggests it may fit some of your requirements! It's also a very good RPG.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

J-Plap

So, I have a $25 eshop credit and I'm wondering what to use it on. I play Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate usually and like them both a lot for their depth, action, uniqueness, and replay value. I dislike ARMS for it's slowness. I also play MK8DX but only on 200cc bc the other ccs are too slow. I have Rosket League, but I never play it cause it's dull and not unique. I'm not looking for anything casual, and I like to play competitive multiplayer for most games. What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

J-Plap#7309 on discord

EvilLucario

@BigMac1204 Hollow Knight is a bit of a slow burn, especially compared to other Metroidvanias, but it's filled with a bunch of awesome combat and enemies. Lots of places to explore, lots of enemies to beat up, it's all there. All for $15.

You can't get a better mix of Zelda II and Dark Souls than Hollow Knight.

J-Plap

@ReaderRagfihs I've tried the Puyo Puyo tetris demo and it's just... not for me. Idk what it is, but I'd rather spend my time playing other games.

@EvilLucario Thanks for the suggestion! What do you mean by "slow burn", and what makes you think I would like it?

J-Plap#7309 on discord

EvilLucario

@BigMac1204 "Slow burn" means it can take some time for it to get going. Unlike a lot of other Metroidvanias, you don't get a lot of movement upgrades until a couple of hours in, while others like Super Metroid give you upgrades pretty quickly. It's also a lot more deliberate than games like Metroid or Castlevania.

But basically it's about as far from "casual" as you can get. Lots of difficult bosses and enemies, combat is simple yet still a joy, and exploration is top-notch. If you like Dark Souls, you'll like Hollow Knight.

GeoChrome

EvilLucario wrote:

@BigMac1204 Hollow Knight is a bit of a slow burn, especially compared to other Metroidvanias, but it's filled with a bunch of awesome combat and enemies. Lots of places to explore, lots of enemies to beat up, it's all there. All for $15.

You can't get a better mix of Zelda II and Dark Souls than Hollow Knight.

Seconded. Hollow Knight is an amazing game and has really appropriate difficulty spikes. I consider myself a mostly casual gamer, but the difficulty isn’t really off-putting, it’s a “easy to learn but hard to master” game that forces you to learn from your mistakes. It’s one of the best indies I’ve ever played.

AURIYATZ

Filth_Element wrote:

@FGPackers thanks man looks like I'll get it in the not too distant future.
I've just bought a WiiU finally and catching up on that.
One last question are you playing one player or two player.

Anyone play NBA Playgrounds yet. I'm not a basketball fan but always looking for two player fun. The reviews I've read haven't been great but it's only $26 AUS which seems really reasonable.

AURIYATZ

GeoChrome

@AURIYATZ The first NBA Playgrounds is no longer on the eShop. Instead, it’s sequel, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, is available and is supposed to be decent.

thecrazygamer16

what is better Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or super smash bros ultimate

i love nintendo switch my switch friend code is
friend code: SW-3975-7409-4680

Switch Friend Code: sw-3975-7409-4680

GeoChrome

@thecrazygamer16 It depends on what genre you like more. Also, if you have MK8 on Wii U, I wouldn’t recommend buying Deluxe. Ultimate is better in terms of a party game, imo.

bixente

@GyroZeppeli what if you want to jump online for some races or battle mode? I don't imagine the online scene is very active on the Wii U version

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic