Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 874

Mordridakon

@ReaderRagfihs There is a difference between stalking a buck in Colorado and shooting with a rifle vs. fighting a gigantic dragon in a fantasy universe with a giant sword

Mordridakon

Magician

After playing Mercenaries Saga for a few hours I've decided to put it on the backburner, the game feels thoroughly average at best. So, I fired up Labyrinth of Refrain. Now here is an rpg that feels more worthy of my time. If fact I'd argue it's the best first-person dungeon-crawling rpg on the Switch...at least until Atlus brings the Etrian Odyssey series to Switch anyways.

Switch Physical Collection - 285 games (as of March 19th, 2019)
Currently playing: Steins;Gate Elite (Switch) The Caligula Effect: Overdose (Switch)

bixente

LA Noire is on sale on the eShop. Half price. Picked it up for 44 bucks.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

AlohaPizzaJack

Alright, I was given a $20 eShop card today. I spent fiver on Grim Fandango, but haven’t decided on the rest with this awesome sale. Is Crossing Souls good? I’m on the US shop

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GyroZeppeli

PolarExperience wrote:

Would any of you recommend Fast RMX to someone that doesn’t know the high-speed racing genre and is looking to get into it?

A different variation of the question: Would you recommend F-Zero like games for a semi-casual player.

@JackEatsSparrows I’ve heard good things about it, should be good if you like the genre.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Change My Mind: Johnny is the best JoJo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704 | Twitter:

baller98

I would try horizon chase turbo

baller98

GyroZeppeli

I'm looking for some good multiplayer/party games that combined are less than or equal to $30 (not including tax). Singleplayer games would work as well. Any suggestions?

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

scubydo

Too many good sales, plus other games I am wanting...everspace being one of those...

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

KrispieKurt

I got some Xmas money and want to get either Pokémon let’s go or smash. Let me give you some back story so you can give me a recommendation.
I’m 30. I have three kids. I probably spend 2-4 hours per week playing games. Rarely do I “complete” a game. The only games I’ve ever completed are Pokemon x and LoZALBW. I’m a very casual gamer. 95% of the time I play games, I am playing by myself.
Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

KrispieKurt

ReaderRagfihs

@PolarExperience The Jackbox games are great for parties, even with people who've never held a controller in their life. I believe some of them are on sale right now too.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

GyroZeppeli

@ReaderRagfihs Jackbox has been recommended to me many times, but I’m pretty sure my friends will find a way to make it kind of uncomfortably vulgar. Should I buy Puyo Puyo Tetris when it’s on sale? I really enjoyed the demo but it’s a little too expensive right now.

ReaderRagfihs

@PolarExperience It definitely can get a bit vulgar with the right group, though for some that's part of the appeal.

Puyo is pretty good too. The gameplay is fun and there is a healthy selection of different game modes, though some are better than others.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Xyphon22

I'm looking at one of those bomb defusing games. I think I remember hearing that one of them is a lot better and the others are kind of rip-offs, but I don't remember which one is good. I'm thinking it's Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, but can anybody confirm? Both that at Them Bombs are on sale right now, and I thought there was another one, too. Also, would it be fun with just my wife and I in the same room? Or do you need more people? We love playing escape rooms and similar games, so I thought this would be good for us.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

bluemage1989

@KrispieKurt Smash. It's a game that will be a nice slow burn over the next year or so and its easy to play in short bursts. If you do play with the family its nice and easy to enjoy.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

bluemage1989

@JackEatsSparrows there is just so much good stuff on sale at the moment. In the last week I have picked up on and off sale Shantae Half Genie Hero, Hollow Knight, Horizon Chase Turbo, Stardew Valley, The Banner Saga, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Grim Fandango Remastered, RBI Baseball 18 and I still have Smash which has and will no doubt continue to be fun for a very long time. My wife also gave me Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas. I also picked up Wave Race 64 and Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber for the WiiU. Looking at this list is there anything anyone would recommend that is in a different genre to those I have recently bought??

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

KrispieKurt

@bluemage1989 is it even better when playing single player? I have played other smash games and they seem to feel redundant after about an hour of play when playing by yourself.

KrispieKurt

Madnessman

For some reason, I can't make a topic, so i'm just gonna ask this here

I've had my switch for about a year now, so i've accumulated most of the games that I've wanted. I currenlty have Breath of the wild, Mario Odyssey, Lets go Eevee, Smash Brothers ultimate (Fighters pass too), Octopath Traveller, and a bunch of indie games (Dead cells, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Lightfall, Stardew Valley, and I installed Warframe and played it a bunch, but i'm sure that doesn't count as one) but now i'm at a loss. I got a $100 gift card to gamestop for Christmas, and I need peoples help on what to get. I'm fine with a game of any price, but I can't think of one i'd want to get.
If anyone has a good switch game that they loved, i'd love it if you told me.

I also have a 3 month nintendo online subscription, I don't know if that'll effect your suggestions.

Thanks for taking time to read this, and have a great morning.

Edited on by Madnessman

Just joined - might be a while before i think of something to put here lol

bluemage1989

@KrispieKurt hard to say but ive enjoyed it a lot so far. Classic mode offers some great themed series of matches for each character with some nice bosses and score chasing is enjoyable. Your regular Smash is still there if your only wanting to fight matches with some custom rules. World of Light does offer a pretty lengthy campaign with each match having specific rules based on the spirits involved. As a side to this the spirit board mode (as well as World of Light) offers hundreds and hundreds of spirits to collect which could keep you busy for months if your so inclined.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

GyroZeppeli

Should I buy Puyo Puyo on sale now or buy Celeste at its regular price? I’m not into really difficult games, if that helps.

Edit: Went with my gut and got Puyo Puyo Tetris. I need more multiplayer games in my life.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic