Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 2,193

FX102A

Considering Assault Gunner HD as its on sale; anyone played it? Would you suggest it?

FX102A

bluemage1989

@BrainOfGrimlock haha I had the same idea of trying the demos and was still none the wiser. I find it hard to judge an RPG on it's opening hours especially as the aspects of the genre that appeal to me the most (story, length, combat depth) can be hard to gauge from the intro. All three options look good. YS VIII is another potential option now that I think about it. To many options!!

bluemage1989

Maxz

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post, but I’m looking for recommendations on a Switch carrying case. My current one only has space for 6 games, and I’m looking to carry at least 12. I know there are plenty of options for external game cases that cost next to nothing, but I find carrying all my games in the same case as the Switch really convenient. Thanks!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Maxz there are certainly plenty of choices for all sorts of budgets & i’m sure a lot of the fine folk here can suggest a good range - I’m going to go a bit left-field though as I doubt google will suggest them without some very specific searching!

I imagine these are undoubtedly at the top end price wise & there are certainly cheaper options but I took the plunge & absolutely love it (i got the ‘switchpack’); Waterfield Switch Collection

Obviously they won’t be for everyone but if you carry it around a lot and have a few extra cash-money-tokens lying around then I can’t recommend them enough.

BrainOfGrimlock

AndyD

JaxonH wrote:

While I know this thread is likely going to see more niche games get spotlighted and/or games targeting personal preferences of those looking, the ever growing number of games means more and more are being ignored in the wake of something else. I'd like to share some of my personal faves I've amassed from the start of the generation when Switch launched, as someone who has bought and played (to various extents) practically every major game on the system thus far.

This is by no means a comprehensive list of games I recommend. This is only the tippity top of the very best- the games I can confidently recommend without a moment's hesitation to those interested in the game's respective genre (e.g. You like rhythm games- I can confidently recommend Drum n Fun e.g. You like strategy games- I can confidently recommend Civilization VI, etc). Price is not considered- games are not evaluated on MSRP. Neither is contention or divisiveness of any particular game- I judge fairly on how good a game is to me and nothing more.

Civilization VI

Pokemon Let's Go

Diablo 3

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Dark Souls

YS VIII

Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4

Taiko no Tatsujin Drum 'n' Fun

Okami HD

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna Expansion

The World Ends With You

Octopath Traveler

Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

DOOM

Skyrim

Bayonetta 1 and 2

Ultra Street Fighter II

Dragonball Fighter Z

Splatoon 2

Super Mario Odyssey

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Indies and lower priced digital exclusives I recommend the most without any hesitation are Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Child of Light, Hollow Knight, Steamworld Dig 2, Bastion, Transistor, Hyper Light Drifter, Undertale, Guacamelee, Banner Saga Trilogy, Dead Cells, Limbo, Inside, Into the Breach, Lumines Remastered, Slimesan, Flinthook, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Nine Parchments, Shantae Half Genie Hero and Pirate's Curse, Celeste, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, The End Is Nigh, Super Meat Boy and VVVVVV.

Disclaimer
There is no guarantee a person will like every single game I like, but I do feel all of these are extremely good games within their respective genres, and if a person doesn't like one of these games it will simply come down to their taste, not because the game isn't great. There are certain games I have purposely omitted from this list despite being great games. Notably absent are games like Wolfenstein 2, ARMS, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, Warframe, Mario Party, Starlink, Mario Rabbids, South Park Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole, Shining Resonance, Rocket League, Rayman Legends, Mega Man 11, LA Noire, Kirby, Dragon Quest Builders, Captain Toad, Sonic Mania, Art of Balance, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XV Pocket HD, Victor Vran, Battle Chasers Nightwar, Axiom Verge, Steamworld Dig 1 and Heist, Disgaea 1 and 5, Runner 3, Severed and Stardew Valley. All of these games, while I personally think are great and worthy games, simply do not fall in that top tier bracket of the very best of the best, for various reasons. I still feel like all of these games are strong recommendations but I feel like those recommendations have to be a bit more targeted.

Great list! I have to agree almost all of those! I think I own most of those if not all of them.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AndyD

With Titan Quest on sale this weekend, is it worth the price? I know it isn't better than diablo, but it seems like it would be enjoyable. Anyone else played it or recommend it?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

bluemage1989

@JaxonH out of curiosity why do you rate The World Ends With You so highly?? I've not played it myself so don't know anything about it. Interested to know more.

Also what elevates Ultra Street Fighter II above Anniversary Collection??

bluemage1989

Anti-Matter

@bluemage1989
Hi

"Also what elevates Ultra Street Fighter II above Anniversary Collection??"

Street Fighter 30 Anniversary Switch version was Great (12 games in 1), BUT the sound quality of that game was TOO Quiet (Maybe have been compressed too much). I need a portable Loud speaker to increase the sound volume a little bit (And still not as loud as average Switch games).

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@bluemage1989
Ultra Street Fighter II is like, the perfect SF game imo. Street Fighter II is my favorite in the series even to this day. The amazing hand drawn art offered him four HD graphics makes the game look like something that was just created yesterday. Yet it still retains all the core gameplay of the tried and true benchmark of the series. While the collection is nice, and while I do still recommend it, it's nothing more than a collection of roms. Pixelated graphics just don't do it for me when a far better option is presented. They're nice for nostalgia purposes and certainly to experience SF3, but those pixelated graphics just hold them back as a relic of the past. USF2 elevates itself beyond that, into a game that could rival any modern fighter of the current generation.

As for TWEWY, it just comes down to being a great game. My brother told me about that game for years and years, that it was one of the best RPG's he's ever played, but my hangup was playing it on the DS. I did play some on DS but never got too far. But the game is amazing on Switch, and while it does lose the dual screen mechanic of the original release, it plays well, and the motion controls are actually more fun than the touch- especially if you use a second joycon to control your partner. It takes some practice- at first I found the joy con controllers to be inadequate. But once I learned how the game interpreted the motions- once I learned, for example, that before swiping across the screen for the burning attack, you need to hold the trigger button for a split second and then perform the swiping motion, it works beautifully. And aside from that it's an excellent game so, that warrants a spot on the list. The added touch controls also ensure options are available, which are important when using unconventional control schemes.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bluemage1989

@Anti-Matter I normally play docked so audio isn't to much of an issue fortunately. When I do play portable I always have to use headphones though as I have poor hearing.

@JaxonH what do you think of the games aesethics?? To me it looks pretty dated. Going back to the DS era has always been a struggle for me though. You make a pretty compelling point for Ultra Street Fighter II quite agree it looks damn fine.

bluemage1989

Masticore

which dlc would you prefer buying during the black friday sales on the eshop, the zelda botw or xenoblade torna? thanks in advance

Masticore

bixente

Torna

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

GeoChrome

I’m interested in MM 11 due to the Game Awards sale, but I didn’t really like the demo. Is the game ideal for those that are new to Mega Man, or is the Legacy/X Collection better?
Edit: Would someone without experience with Ninja Gaiden still enjoy The Messenger?

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Xyphon22

Which would you recommend first: Celeste or The Messenger? I'm leaning Messenger just because it's on a better sale and cheaper, but Celeste is up for Game of the Year.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

GeoChrome

I think The Messenger might be better first to prepare for Celeste, which I’m pretty sure is a much harder game. The sale is pretty good, too.

ZedSwitch

Besides Fast RMX, would you recommend GRIP?

ZedSwitch

gcunit

@EdScissorshands Check out 'Shu'. I haven't actually got it yet, but I will do eventually.

Also, look at 'Splasher' and 'Miles & Kilo' (this is more of a runner, but you can turn auto-run on and off).

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MysticGengar

@PolarExperience
I would go for the legacy collection 1, then if you liked at least one of the games pick up legacy collection 2 and 11. You officially have all the games you need for at least a month or 2

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

Alantor28

Say, can anyone recommend me some Switch RPGs for 2019? The age rating has to range from E to Teen. Yeah because I don't like to play M rated games. ^_^

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

GeoChrome

@MysticGengar A little too late, now. I already got MM 11, picked it up the day the sale started after no responses from here. It’s a great game, though, and I don’t regret buying.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic