Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 962

BrainOfGrimlock

@Qwertyninty Hollow Knight would be a good shout for you at that price point/if you want an adventure/you haven’t played it yet?

BrainOfGrimlock

SKTTR

@ReaderRagfish Is it normal that the Joy-Cons suck in Taiko no Tatsujin? I remember Wiimotes worked a lot better for these kind of games. With the adapter from Smash Bros. Ultimate, can I use my DK Bongos on that game? It's probably best to get this game on retail along with the original Taiko controller. Using Joy-Cons on the demo was a bad idea.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Qwertyninty

@BrainOfGrimlock heard good things about the game. I’m not a metrovania fan though. I am picky about my game selections. I’m still looking. Wish every game had a demo. It would make it so much easier.

Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

How is mark of the ninja remastered?

Qwertyninty

RR529

@Qwertyninty, as previously suggested, Okami HD is $20 and is really fantastic.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

ReaderRagfish

@SKTTR I don't have the game or the bongos, but I have heard that they will work.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Qwertyninty

@RR529 yeah ended up getting mark of the ninja remastered. Pretty good so far.

Qwertyninty

Coach_A

@Qwertyninty so you asked for suggestions and then went and bought a game that nobody suggested but yourself?
Okay then

Coach_A

Qwertyninty

@Coach_A yeah this wasn’t my only source of research. Sorry that doesn’t sit well with you. Enjoying the game though.

Qwertyninty

BrainOfGrimlock

Thanks all for the feedback re Disgea 5 vs XC2. After reading through again, reading a few (more) reviews and numerous other threads it was coin toss territory for the longest time!

Happy to announce that i’ve taken the plunge though and XC2 + Torna are safely downloading as I write/you read - the few people on here championing XC2 & the expansion I think made the difference in the end so thank you. Unless I hate it. Then something else

Just got to finish RDR2 and stop playing Diablo (no easy feat) & then I can set about tackling this beast!

BrainOfGrimlock

bluemage1989

@BrainOfGrimlock I hope you enjoy it. Great game.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Hallonblad

@BrainOfGrimlock Good choice, I think you'll enjoy it. ^-^ Do yourself a favour and play Torna after you've finished the main story. Or there won't be even a hint of mystery left to unravel.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

BrainOfGrimlock

@bluemage1989 @Hallonblad thanks both! Played a cheeky half hour and so far, so good but admittedly (very) early days! I grabbed Torna too given the glowing praise i’ve seen from others so all being well i’ll defin blast through it afterwards!

BrainOfGrimlock

Swordsman83

any more good turn based jrpg besides octopath ? (not referring to tactical/strategy jrpg)m

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

scubydo

Swordsman83 wrote:

any more good turn based jrpg besides octopath ? (not referring to tactical/strategy jrpg)m

You thinking in terms of “The Lost Child’ or Coven of Dusk?

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

toiletduck

@Swordsman83 I mentioned this in another thread where you raised this discussion too, but isn't Pokemon considered a (quality AAA) turn based jrpg as well?

toiletduck

BrainOfGrimlock

@Swordsman83 Cosmic Star Heroine is good, cheap and often overlooked? Undertale is cheap too and as i’m sure you’ve seen, almost universally loved?

Battlechasers: Nightware would be my pick otherwise; a little pricier but worth it by all accounts. Otherwise you have things like South Park/Earthlock/Lost Sphear/I am Setsuna etc.

Edit: Scratch the Battlechasers suggest - very next thread I read had you saying you’ve played it already

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Swordsman83

toiletduck wrote:

@Swordsman83 I mentioned this in another thread where you raised this discussion too, but isn't Pokemon considered a (quality AAA) turn based jrpg as well?

It is one too. does it support pro controller ? No pro controller is a deal breaker for me.

Edited on by Swordsman83

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

bluemage1989

Battlechasers is certainly not a bad game. It has a nice battle system, the story might be pretty standard but it has some great humour and I do like how it plays cleverly on some jrpg tropes (your 'tank' character is actually your healer as an example) but I do feel Airship Syndicate are still finding there feet as a studio and that whatever comes next from the studio will massively improve on every aspect. Battlechasers would recieve a 7/10 from me but definitely a studio to watch going forward.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic